XPO | Grass is greener!

Haywould

TB Lurker
Credits
4 of the 8 xdp drivers that went to NEMF are trying to get there jobs back. Alot of promises were made and not kept. It seems the grass is NOT greener on the other side of the fence.:duh: :tongue :boohoo:

Haywould said:
4 of the 8 xdp drivers that went to NEMF are trying to get there jobs back. Alot of promises were made and not kept. It seems the grass is NOT greener on the other side of the fence.:duh: :tongue :boohoo:
Look at the management team over there.

Haywould said:
I would never beg for my job back, if I made a bad move I would move on and find yet another job.

FM

gfy said:
Look at the management team over there.
What does the Management team have to do with this. These 8 drivers left Conway on their own. If they believed the bill of goods NEMF was selling them without checking facts that's their fault. I just hope all drivers keep this in mind no matter what we find out on Oct.16 The grass isn't always greener especially when your at the bottom.

cya

If they drop the pension I'll be gone.5 yrs to top rate and what would they take next. If they take away the pension its probably only the tip of the ice-berg. They can do what they want and we have no say...:punk:

bestbetter said:
If they drop the pension I'll be gone.5 yrs to top rate and what would they take next. If they take away the pension its probably only the tip of the ice-berg. They can do what they want and we have no say...:punk:
Well said. I will be gone too I do not think labor has the sack to call the IBT.

you guys saying bad things about nemf are all wet.i have heard that the drivers are all very happy. they're making 3 bucks an hr more than they were and they are top guys on a seniority list so they pick vacation first and start when ever they want to. from what i hear most of them were on call. lets see be on call or start when you want?
they are driving brand new trucks with am fm cd players and the conway whiners are lugging thier radio boxes around.
as far as the management over there , whats the knock? dont work there becuase they know what they are doing. the whiners will always whine. see who is whining on monday jabiteme. i gotta pay more for bennieswaa.no more pension waa. your only regret is that you werent asked to go or maybe you were and didnt go. now where is the green grass?

Well , NEMF in my town isnt doing any business.. drive by there every day on the way out and their dock is deserted... only crickets there.

And I have a feeling that if Upper Mgt. messes with the working mans money any way...... Yes WE will have the sack to turn this thing UNION... well have no choice.... If we have to ... people.... Lets fight the good fight...

what town are you in that has only crickets on an nemf dock? i heard that in chicago they are already bigger than lasalle il or joliet. i heard that they are still adding drivers

Sterling said:
And I have a feeling that if Upper Mgt. messes with the working mans money any way...... Yes WE will have the sack to turn this thing UNION... well have no choice.... If we have to ... people.... Lets fight the good fight...
I agree, You can get a truck driving job at $21.00 hour job without a pension anywhere. We have no choice but to fight back and get a union in here if this pension thing happens. They think its hard to find drivers now with the way they treat new hires, wait till they dump the pension and sick days. We have to fight back. Why dont they try and save money in other places, such as, quit sponsering that stupid nascar truck, and quit mailing out that milemarker, or how bout putting an end to the stupid YES seminars. Or how bout putting an end to the Christmas dinners, the summer picnics. Maybe getting rid of the ICP plan. I just think theres other ways to try and cut money first.

grovedog said:
you guys saying bad things about nemf are all wet.i have heard that the drivers are all very happy. they're making 3 bucks an hr more than they were and they are top guys on a seniority list so they pick vacation first and start when ever they want to. from what i hear most of them were on call. lets see be on call or start when you want?
they are driving brand new trucks with am fm cd players and the conway whiners are lugging thier radio boxes around.
as far as the management over there , whats the knock? dont work there becuase they know what they are doing. the whiners will always whine. see who is whining on monday jabiteme. i gotta pay more for bennieswaa.no more pension waa. your only regret is that you werent asked to go or maybe you were and didnt go. now where is the green grass?
After 14 years I would be stupid to jump ship because of a bunch of bs rumors. If I were to leave I would never go there. Remember I know the management.

grovedog said:
grovedog stop the name calling.

I just do not see what you are talking about when it comes to name calling!!! I guess I am just blind!!

You might have to highlight that for me!!

But then again they are talking about your company!!

grovedog said:
what were the promises

Sorry GD, I don't know what promises were made to these guys, only stating my position on leaving a job only to find the one I went to wasn't what it was supposed to be, I wouldn't even think about going back.

FM

Familyman said:
Sorry GD, I don't know what promises were made to these guys, only stating my position on leaving a job only to find the one I went to wasn't what it was supposed to be, I wouldn't even think about going back.

FM

I am with you on that. You left that job for a reason. (something about the company you did not like) so why go back, move on.

Conway Cleveland Bailouts!

We heard that the terminal manager at Conway in Cleveland left the company (had over 10 years service) and went to NEMF in Richfield. He tooks his Ops Mgr with him and 5 (five) drivers! We heard big changes coming to Conway and even the managers are bailing out before the s**t hits the fan! Don't forget that NEMF's CEO is a former sales VP for Conway...Mike B! Maybe Mike B. told these guys what was going to happen since he probably talks to his old cronies at Conway all the time anyway!? Keep informed and "FIGHT THE POWER"!:thumbsup: