TForce | Harley Contract

yrksfte

TB Lurker
Credits
Harley Davidson has gotten rid of there fleet, which was contracted out. Is it true that UPSF got the contract with Harley in York, Pa?
And if so how will that work? That would not be LTL freight uless it will be handle differently or by your truckload division.

Harley Davidson has gotten rid of there fleet, which was contracted out. Is it true that UPSF got the contract with Harley in York, Pa?
And if so how will that work? That would not be LTL freight uless it will be handle differently or by your truckload division.

Hello YRKSFTE and welcome to the boards, tell everyone about us. Probably truckload, unless they are sending a 1-2 to a particular place.

harley davidson is T/L. I was supposed to have an interview last Thurs. for that, but they called me the day before and said all interviews are postponed until further notice. I have no reason why!!!

HMMM? Interesting. I was just curious. I seen a couple independent drivers pulling Harley's trailer the past couple days.

I saw a Harley Davidson Freightliner and matching trailer at the local dealership delivering just last week...Who knows though, alot of companies are eliminating their private fleets to reduce costs.

we already haul parts for them in a small way. browning mfg in maysville ky makes gears and pulleys for them and we are in and out of there all the time. we have had our foot in the door for years and now, maybe we can walk threw the door all the way.

Heard somewhere that they were giving the Harley drivers first chance at those truckload jobs. They'll have to take a pretty big pay cut in order to keep moving that freight. I also heard quite a while ago that we were taking over their entire logistics operation. I think package has had most of that for quite some time now and had been giving the work to other carriers prior to obtaining the freight division.

i noticed that a company named TFE logistics is looking for drivers for the harley account in york,pa. Anyone have any info. on this company????

i noticed that a company named TFE logistics is looking for drivers for the harley account in york,pa. Anyone have any info. on this company????

Their are a temp company for WDS(UPS WORLD WIDE DEDICATED SERVICES). Before you can become an employee with WDS, you have to get hired by TFE. After some many weeks(about 2-4) you are then "invited" to apply with WDS. Been through it before when WDS had the PAPA JOHNS accounts.

TFE pays you the first couple weeks and offers you benefits.

double r..did you become an employee of wds? Just wondering why they would switch someone from tfe to wds instead of wds just hiring them from the start. i guess this way wds can see how the employee will work out before they out right hire them...

double r..did you become an employee of wds? Just wondering why they would switch someone from tfe to wds instead of wds just hiring them from the start. i guess this way wds can see how the employee will work out before they out right hire them...

Yes. And you are correct. They(WDS) wants to make sure that you are going to work out before they "invest" in you. If the contract is with WDS, be warned, it is only a three year contract. That means three years from now there will be no guarantee that they will have it. Every 3PL we bid on it and they (HD) will most likely go with the lowest bidder. And you cannot transfer from WDS to any other UPS company with out first having to re-apply. You could only transfer to another WDS operation and the closes one to York(at this time) is Tractor Supply in Hagerstown,MD.

Yes. And you are correct. They(WDS) wants to make sure that you are going to work out before they "invest" in you. If the contract is with WDS, be warned, it is only a three year contract. That means three years from now there will be no guarantee that they will have it. Every 3PL we bid on it and they (HD) will most likely go with the lowest bidder. And you cannot transfer from WDS to any other UPS company with out first having to re-apply. You could only transfer to another WDS operation and the closes one to York(at this time) is Tractor Supply in Hagerstown,MD.

Daylight Donuts, best and funnest job I ever had, work 3 or 4 days start sunday or monday, and be off till the next sunday or monday, it was hard work like food service but it was a great job, then a greedy bastage bought it and several years later they went to JB Hunt logistics, way to ruin a good job John B., you dirt bag!!!!!