TForce | has anyone seen the UPSF full colors on Trucks

Fresno

Skeeter said:
That was probably my truck you saw. It broke don't and was in Fresno at the dealer for almost a month. I just got it back. It was a ground problem that kept shutting the truck down.

But you are right it is a nice looking truck. It looks real good with the new UPS Freight trailers to.

Yeah it was over on the front line and the hood was tilted but they had a forklift under it and were changing all the tires...

all you guy"s are telling a story they got to be the uglyest truck out on the road. why is it the ups trucks only run 55 to 60 but the upsf trucks pass you doing 65 to 70, i run 460 in va out of va beach so them trucks coming out of the norfolk terminal for upsf are getting on down the road and the ups trucks are like old women are driving them.

greezy trucker said:
Where is that team from that has the shiney wheels and tanks from? That truck looks pretty cool UPSF colors and all the ooh and aaww stuff. They take good care of it.

I think I know what truck your talking about, rebranded sleeper truck with the polished aluminium wheels and tanks. I seen it parked in the Harrisburg yard. It might be domiciled there.

10 speed said:
all you guy"s are telling a story they got to be the uglyest truck out on the road. why is it the ups trucks only run 55 to 60 but the upsf trucks pass you doing 65 to 70, i run 460 in va out of va beach so them trucks coming out of the norfolk terminal for upsf are getting on down the road and the ups trucks are like old women are driving them.

Your just jealous, anybody can put co logos on a white truck. Look at swift.

Bar&Grill said:
No one here has said anything about Shinny Wheels and Tanks.. We have been saying the trucks getting done look pretty cool, and pretty nice, but nothing said about wheels and tanks. You are always so negative about things. It must be that self mediate your doing.

There is one out there, I saw it with my own two eyes.

By the way I reread his quote a couple times and couldn't find one negitave thing.

10 speed said:
UPS trucks are set at 71 mph. But when your on a time schedule run and on the clock why rush!

your right

steve5 said:
There is one out there, I saw it with my own two eyes.

By the way I reread his quote a couple times and couldn't find one negitave thing.

My bad... your right I read it again and he wasn't negitave..Sorry for the mistake

55 is the speed limit

10 speed said:

Why is speed a issue.. 55 is the speedlimit.. go around if you don't like the brown truck infront of you doing the speed the law allows. Besides if your run is set to take 10.5 and you come in in 9.5 hrs then you have to lie on the logs. And if your paid by the hr, why cheat yourself out of any money. You sound like my 18 yr old... Damn mom do you have to go so slow? Hunny the speed limit is only 65, Then he tells me the night the cop pulls him over for 80.. and almost took him to jail. And not more than a yr before that his sister was stoped for 90 but because she's a firefighter and she had her fire uniform on the seat next to her he only wrote her the ticket for $495.00 and didn't take her to jail for reckless driving. Anything over 80 is thought of as reckless driving and they can jail you and impound your car. So lets see 55 speedlimit for ALLLLLL trucks and no tickets or 70 and a fat ticket and maybe the lose of your job ..... Hmmmmm?

Bar&Grill said:
No one here has said anything about Shinny Wheels and Tanks.. We have been saying the trucks getting done look pretty cool, and pretty nice, but nothing said about wheels and tanks. You are always so negative about things. It must be that self mediate your doing.
Goofball I am talking about a UPSF team that has a new Volvo that is all done up in the company colors and has polished wheels and tanks that comes from somewhere back east. They are in SLC twice aweek. Stop just asuming you know what I am talking about or anything about me

greezy trucker said:
Goofball I am talking about a UPSF team that has a new Volvo that is all done up in the company colors and has polished wheels and tanks that comes from somewhere back east. They are in SLC twice aweek. Stop just asuming you know what I am talking about or anything about me
I have seen one parked in HRS.
I think it is our All Star Team truck.
I believe it is a repaint because their last truck had chrome wheels and shiny tanks...but they do alot of media stuff as part of the safty team.
If it is the one I'm thinking of,he does the classes for new hires.

I know who your talking about.
He's a really nice guy,he runs team from Harrisburg,to Sacramento.
He was my trainer for train the trainer classes.
He's the go to guy for UPS Freight for all the special media presentations across the country.
I don't think he sees much home time,with his busy life.
He's a allstar driver,also on Americas road team.
He's one of the best drivers I've ever met.
Thats saying alot seeing I've met some good people in this industry over my 43 plus years in my trucking carrer.

That is what I figured that it was for someone special. He definitely presents him and the truck well. The fuelers in SLC wont even fuel it....They don't want to get it dirty so they let him do it....Kind of funny.

Thanks for the info.....

Page 3

greezy trucker said:

At the bottom of page 3 I said i was sorry, I reread it.

Other than the new ones coming in, our barn is sending about 1 a week out to be rebranded. They actually do look good. (when clean!?) I wonder if they will ever get some king of cleaning program started? The ups trucks and trailers always seem to be clean!

10 speed said:
I wouldn't say ups trucks are slow. I drive a new Volvo and they pass me at times (pretty easily) when I"m running flat out! Why run 70 mph when being paid by the hour! If thats the case.

bulldog425 said:
Other than the new ones coming in, our barn is sending about 1 a week out to be rebranded. They actually do look good. (when clean!?) I wonder if they will ever get some king of cleaning program started? The ups trucks and trailers always seem to be clean!

Seems not all drivers like riding in a clean truck. Hubby had to take a loaner from SLC last week. He said it took him a while to clean it. He usually buys his own cleaning items for the inside. He isn't going to spend the majority of his week in a nasty truck! I just save the receipts and write it off on taxes.

If a city driver slip seats with our road drivers,using the asigned road tractor.
They are to top both tanks with fuel,and also clean it out if they ate their lunch in it.
No more smoking allowed in road tractors.

If a road driver finds trash in his tractor before his run they throw it out on the parking lot.
For either another driver to pick up or my TM finds out who had it,and gets all over them to clean everything up.

I agree with this system other than the road driver throwing garbage on our parking lot.
But if their tractors were clean in the first place they wouldn't have anything to throw away.

All of our equipment stays pretty clean lately.

A few years back looking into some of our tractors I used to wounder what the inside of these drivers houses looked like?

Since we've become UPS Freight everyone for the most part are trying to keep things neater.

Stinky trucks

Valerie said:
Seems not all drivers like riding in a clean truck. Hubby had to take a loaner from SLC last week. He said it took him a while to clean it. He usually buys his own cleaning items for the inside. He isn't going to spend the majority of his week in a nasty truck! I just save the receipts and write it off on taxes.

Mine too Valerie,, We talk 3 to 5 times aday and the 1st thing he will tell me when he gets on the road is "Man the guy that drives this truck is a PIG" it took me hr to clean it out. We both stopped smoking 8 yrs ago (I was smoking 3 Pkgs aday) now when he gets in a truck the driver before him smoked in, he hangs 1 of them little STINKY Trees up when he parks it. He figures he had to drive with a headache all night the day driver can too. Those trees Stink.