TForce | Has UPS devalued our old OVNT.,pension?

Dreemer said:
Wow Skeeter... changing his mind? This must be bizarro world...

Happy birthday to me
Nah just his usual back and forth motions.....Don't get excited next week he will be saying your a wanna be.....And so on

bigdaddy said:
I know in the long run it will turn out alright but I sure do miss the big O sometimes
Like wise......I would go back to it being MC in heart beat but OH WELL!!! This is what we got and the past is history and the future is a mystery!!!!!!!

folks if you read your books that ups sent it provided benifit packs. The UPS finale compensation is the 5 highest consecutive calender years out of ten. this is what page 9has in it.
current ovnt------after ups
final avg comp 45,000------------42,400
benifit service 15 yrs------------15 yrs
retmt ben. 11,644----------10,971
monthly 970.31----------914.21
--------------------------------------------

Don't know if the pension's been devalued, but in the many papers you received at take-over it stated that UPS stretched the pension monies out over all the non-union participants. That means less money in the kitty for old Overnite employees. Don't know if that will have any effect on pension money received. I started about two and a half years ago and have eleven to go till I'm sixty-five so I have no idea what kind of a pension, if any, I'll get. We need someone that's neutral tracking the money and putting the info into layman's terms so you don't need a business degree to understand things, and a translater to interpret them for you.

Don't know if the pension's been devalued, but in the many papers you received at take-over it stated that UPS stretched the pension monies out over all the non-union participants. That means less money in the kitty for old Overnite employees. Don't know if that will have any effect on pension money received. I started about two and a half years ago and have eleven to go till I'm sixty-five so I have no idea what kind of a pension, if any, I'll get. We need someone that's neutral tracking the money and putting the info into layman's terms so you don't need a business degree to understand things, and a translater to interpret them for you.
We tend to forget that the "O" pension fund was around 95% funded and it is now over 100% funded. If anything, UPS stretched its money over "O".

I have ywet to receive a thing that explains any pension to me at all. Got the notice that it was changing over and all that but nothing since May or whatever......