XPO | Health Insurance

cityman

TB Lurker
Credits
How is the health coverage provided by Con-way? I heard it costs the employee 1% of his gross pay for the week, is that still correct? Are the costs different between single coverage vs. a family plan? Thanks in advance for your input!

1% gross pay regardless of family or indvidual.

The above is ONLY correct as to the MINIMUM
cost .

There are many OTHER factors involved as to
determine any 1 employees actual costs i.e.
choice of plans , coverages , age of dependants ,
ect .

This can and often does FAR exceed 1% of ones
gross pay .

By the way . ALL of which used to be FREE .
Not to mention even AFTER retirement .

Why would any CNW employee complain about any
one of the many " ENHANCEMENTS " regarding
thier " TOTAL BENIFITS PACKAGE " ?

Just4Thought

insurance

this was never free after retirement. i retired at age of 60 and had to pay for my insureance out of my retirement until i reached age of 65, when soc sec started picking up medicare.

How is the health coverage provided by Con-way? I heard it costs the employee 1% of his gross pay for the week, is that still correct? Are the costs different between single coverage vs. a family plan? Thanks in advance for your input!

Alot of it DEPENDS on the coverage you chose. I pay 22 bucks a week with dental. That is for myself and one child.

this was never free after retirement. i retired at age of 60 and had to pay for my insureance out of my retirement until i reached age of 65, when soc sec started picking up medicare.

With NO disrespect intended , regarding the age,
previous posts of , and length of time as a
member here , it is diffacult to respond to the
above post with out info regarding date of hire ,
age at time , and years of service at CNW .

Just4Thought

If anything the costs involved seem reasonable. Is the coverage good in terms of co-pays, and picking up claims 100% ?

If anything the costs involved seem reasonable. Is the coverage good in terms of co-pays, and picking up claims 100% ?

there are co pays for doctor visits and prescriptions. There is not 100% on anything. You will always have to pay for something IN MOST CASES ...

It is all based on ones perspective .

Reasonable versus WHAT ?

Co-pays versus WHAT ?

100% of WHAT ?

Just4Thought

Location is also a key in this .. pending on what coverage is available also in certain areas ... Most personnel supervisors should have all info available on what coverage is available and how much for a weekly deduction.

It is all based on ones perspective .

Reasonable versus WHAT ?

Co-pays versus WHAT ?

100% of WHAT ?

Just4Thought

Compared to other non-union carriers benefit package, or the Teamsters health plan. I do not know about all of the other carriers health plans, but it sounds like Con-ways is not terrible. Teamster health care is free for the entire family with no co-pays in my area. There is no better plan, but how long will that last? Every LTL carrier out there requires the driver to pay a portion of the health care costs, except the Teamster carriers. I have heard it costs drivers at other companies over 100 dollars a week for sub par medical with dental being a extra cost. So from what I have been told Con-ways plan seems ok.

Compared to other non-union carriers benefit package, or the Teamsters health plan. I do not know about all of the other carriers health plans, but it sounds like Con-ways is not terrible. Teamster health care is free for the entire family with no co-pays in my area. There is no better plan, but how long will that last? Every LTL carrier out there requires the driver to pay a portion of the health care costs, except the Teamster carriers. I have heard it costs drivers at other companies over 100 dollars a week for sub par medical with dental being a extra cost. So from what I have been told Con-ways plan seems ok.

You wont pay 100 a week at conway. That is a guarantee. You will get decent insurance. It is not 100% coverage.

Nice of you to say...But I am pretty sure the coverage just sucks because all I hear here is about how bad we are as a company at everything we do, and I know the 46 a week I pay for 5 (one in college) is about the worst you can get anywhere with hundreds of companies being much better...in fact, I don't understand why I am still employed here...My brother-in-law works for a pretty prominent company, one I am sure is very well managed, and he has been there 27 years and only has to fork out 112 per week for he and his wife, as his kids are grown now..
After all, I am:

Just Stuck and Stupid at Con-way

Nice of you to say...But I am pretty sure the coverage just sucks because all I hear here is about how bad we are as a company at everything we do, and I know the 46 a week I pay for 5 (one in college) is about the worst you can get anywhere with hundreds of companies being much better...in fact, I don't understand why I am still employed here...My brother-in-law works for a pretty prominent company, one I am sure is very well managed, and he has been there 27 years and only has to fork out 112 per week for he and his wife, as his kids are grown now..
After all, I am:

Just Stuck and Stupid at Con-way

Do you need a hug ?

I thought the 1% was out the window. We don't do things that way down here. As a matter of fact, you don't have to pay anything for insurance if you don't want to. It's not the best coverage, but is available. The HMO is a steady charge not 1%. Who still pays 1%?

Wow...

Alot of it DEPENDS on the coverage you chose. I pay 22 bucks a week with dental. That is for myself and one child.

I pay $14 a week for health and $4 a week for dental for my boy, my wife and myself.

Last year, I paid $9 a week for health (family) and $1.50 a week for dental (family).

I pay a lot more (my choice) for supplemental life policies and 401K (15%) too...