Holland | Here is a game for you guys

wild deuce

TB Veteran
Credits
Here is a game for you guys that I think you and Benny will not mind. *I am wearing out my welcome at YRC*. Monfort...remember the Monfort Lane? What can you experienced fellers tell me about Monfort? My Dad retired (35 years at Yellow/Norwalk and just got a model truck of Monfort (very nice model to) from a maker in Illinois (only took two days to get it). I kind of remember there was a time when there was a Monfort Lane? Thanks in advance and Happy Easter, my Trucking Friends.

Here is a game for you guys that I think you and Benny will not mind. *I am wearing out my welcome at YRC*. Monfort...remember the Monfort Lane? What can you experienced fellers tell me about Monfort? My Dad retired (35 years at Yellow/Norwalk and just got a model truck of Monfort (very nice model to) from a maker in Illinois (only took two days to get it). I kind of remember there was a time when there was a Monfort Lane? Thanks in advance and Happy Easter, my Trucking Friends.

Hey Deuce. To answer your question, Monfort was a meat hauling company that ran out of Greeley, Colo. back in the 70's and 80's. The left lane of the big road was nicknamed the Monfort lane, due to the speeds that they used to run coming east with a load of meat. The mostly ran W900 KW's, or pete's. A few Marmon's too. Happy Easter!:shift:

Paid there drivers .04 and .03 per mile so they had to run hard to make it,also rumor had it the old man would pay all of the speeding tickets that they got..In the mid seventies I had my own truck and used to get $700 from long Island to Chicago and $700 back:nutkick:then along came Monfort:shift: did the same load to Chicago for $100 just to cover their expenses.That was the kind of company they were...

Monforts would run flat out, until they came to a corner. Then they would have to almost stop so as to not tip over. Hauling swingin' meat coast to coast...

They'd get farmers kids a chauffers' license and pay them next to nothing- just a hair more than they were making.

The good old days?​