TForce | Here's what the teamsters have done for me !

mossbackman said:
hey Skeeter, The last thing I heard is that UPS is planing on making UPSF becoming union a part of their contract. Do you really think they didn't notice us? Do you really think they are gonna let us become like Conway ! and like I said before I haven't talked to anybody who doesn't want the Union in Right Now !
You haven't talked to me.....:duh:

BusterNite said:
7.75 hrs. Are you speeding. When we install the smart boards in your tractor I will have to let you go at will for speeding.
No.:wavey: :biglaugh: And thats a good one i've had Ups Feeder trucks blow my doors off.........

Teamster251 said:
Once again, our dues have nothing to do with the pensions.

100% of Overnite becoming Teamsters would be a 1% increase in membership. What will a 1% increase do?
The pension have nothing to do with it, dues have nothing to do with it.

Having a voice in your job does.

Learn to read the post DY you may be enlightened.

Not a single post on this forum has anyone claiming to want to be a Teamster because of the pensions.

Get off that dead horse. What do you actually, factually know about the pensions. Please leave out all the info the company has fed you.

Back on Thursday to read your rebuttal
T251
You think you know so much maybe you should become a manager..:duh: :biglaugh: :wavey:

Johnnybegood said:
No.:wavey: :biglaugh: And thats a good one i've had Ups Feeder trucks blow my doors off.........
What the hell does this have to do with anything?????? Why drag a feeder driver into this.....You jealous or what????

So I can see none of you can relate to the fast pace..

of a local P.& D. driver.
I have a letter in my file for bring back deliveries three days in a row,because I either left the Terminal to late with to many stops,or got held up at a customers,also the dock crew messed up my load where I had to keep moving stops around to work the load in order of my route.
But guess what?
My TM did not want to hear me whinning about any excuses for as he said I was bringing down his load average,and I was going so slow it was making my co-workers work harder to make pick-ups.

When he handed me the letter he said he hoped he wouldn't have to terminate me.

So you see I had to pick up the pace.

Seeing I still enjoy driving P.& D.,and I also get along very good with the customers on my route.
And of course being older,I have to go non-stop,praying all the way that I can get the work done at all costs, or get terminated.

But even working under these conditions,I still want to not have any deallings with the Teamsters union.

I know I'm nothing without God,and I also know he gives me very good health,
every breath I take is a gift.
With God's help I can keep up with the UPS Freight P. & D. marrathon.

No man should ever have to work that way!
I've wrote this about 5 times, and keep erasing. Not sure why I'm all worked up. To be quick about it, tell him your going to file a harassment letter to the company, then to the labor board, then your going to notify D.O.T that they are denying you lunch and breaks. Not sure I'd recommend that to you to do though. I can easily say that cause I got the union to back me up. Any mention of harassment is usally enough to settle it.

your faith in god is commendable.We as labor have to stand up to management that is just stepping on people such as yourself so that they can make more money without any regard to you or your family.Please google the great Leo Suggs and notice his reported income and tell me the company is treating its greatest resource labor comparably

Apostolic said:
So thats 2 &1/2 hours per week.
During the week my start time varys depending on early appoinments.

I don't come in earlier than 7AM,sometimes as late as 10AM if theres no appoinment trailer that day.

Heres my day.
I swipe my card to clock in.
Get my trailer number,and D R's
Hook,and pre-trip.
Make the appoinment,sometimes skids,other times sort.& seg.

I either make 1- 3 pickups on the way back to the Term.,or come back empty.
Drop that trailer hook to my route trailer,go to the dock finish loading,get D R's pre- trip,leaving the Term.,between 10:30AM & Noon
Make all my delivers,than some pick-ups.
Back to the Term.,hand in my paper work,drop my trailer.
Put my pallet jack load bar,& hand cart away in a safe corner of the dock so it won't get run over by the in bound dock crew.

than swipe my card to clock out.

You can see my day is non-stop from Time card swipe in to time card swipe out.

I carry food that I can eat on the fly.
I'd much rather get my route done than to get chewed out by my TM for not making all my deliveries.

As much as everyone knows that its a federal law to have a lunch,the way the freight runs,theres just no way to fit it in.

Most of my Terminals P & D drivers do the same.

But I'm used to this life.

I'm over 62,and this way of life either makes me old,or keeps me young,just haven't figured out which?

Wow you guys must of turned the heat up.
Now at FXF its mandatory to take your meal between 3&6hr or you will be written up.:duh:

Apostolic said:
I have a letter in my file for bring back deliveries three days in a row,because I either left the Terminal to late with to many stops,or got held up at a customers,also the dock crew messed up my load where I had to keep moving stops around to work the load in order of my route.
But guess what?
My TM did not want to hear me whinning about any excuses for as he said I was bringing down his load average,and I was going so slow it was making my co-workers work harder to make pick-ups.

Seeing I still enjoy driving P.& D.,and I also get along very good with the customers on my route.
And of course being older,I have to go non-stop,praying all the way that I can get the work done at all costs, or get terminated.

But even working under these conditions,I still want to not have any deallings with the Teamsters union.

Apo, Keep pushing, Hammar down to keep up with the demands from managment. When you get in an accident and someone is seriously injured, Don't look for a pat on the back from upsf.

Apostolic said:
But guess what?

Apostolic, with all due respect, you are forced to give the company 2 1/2 hours of free labor every week or face being fired and you continue to defend their actions and claim UPSF does not need a union?

I've got a lot of respect for you and your opinions but I just don't understand this one.

Heres your answer CFer..

My faith in God is the only savior I need,or look to for any difficulties I have in my life.

A big majority of Teamster union members rely on the Teamsters to be their savior.

Notice I don't say all, but a lot do.
I know some Good God fearing Teamster drivers that are Teamsters because their company is a union company.

I know that no one on these truckingboards can understand my mistrust of the Teamsters Union.

But believe it or not,I hope I never have to have anything to do with them again.

When I wake up in the morning I thank God for another day,telling him,I'm nothing without his help,than ask that he will help me with whatever I incounter during the day.

If I run into anything thats giving me any trouble I call on him in prayer for help,and always receive it.

When I go to sleep every night I praise him,and thank him for taking care of me during the day,as I drift off to a very restful sleep.

If anyone ,including my TM does me wrong I pray that God will have mercy on them.

Actualy I've been holding UPS Freight,and all their managers up in prayer.

That our company will prosper.
And that our managers will be able to make good judgement calls on operations.

So you see with such a fantastic life style that I have,the only savior I look to is, God almighty creator of the heavens,and the earth.

I'm thankful for the great health he's allowed me to have in my 62 years so far.

I also know that ever breath everyone takes without thinking about it.
Is a gift from God.

I'm really not preaching here,its just when you find something really good, you want to share it with others.

Apo,
Again, with all due respect, you have things very mixed up, in my opinion.

There is a huge difference between the Savior and having Teamster representation on our jobs.....jobs being the operative word here......it's our jobs, not our lives.

You have stated that you allow yourself to be pushed around by a TM who blames you for not making all your deliveries, so you react by not taking lunch? Man, you really showed him, didn't you? This is sad. I'm sure you were doing the best you could, given the circumstances, and instead of saying thanks you get threatened with being fired. And you talk about how wonderful it is to work there? And how you don't want the Teamsters? I think you really lost all of us with this confession. I thank you for pointing out how O/UPSF really is though. You've proven that UPSF needs the Teamsters very badly, even though some of you might not want them......which is something I'll never understand after seeing several examples of how they treat their employees. It's like continually getting bitten by your dog but telling people that it's really a good dog and someday it'll stop biting me.

sounds good prowler,,,,

I can use the 3 plus 1 week (if i saw it right) I allready sold back 2 weeks when they cut our hrs. and i only have 3 weeks vacation been here 12yrs. how good are the union benies for dock workers??

Apostolic said:
So thats 2 &1/2 hours per week.
During the week my start time varys depending on early appoinments.

I don't come in earlier than 7AM,sometimes as late as 10AM if theres no appoinment trailer that day.

Heres my day.
I swipe my card to clock in.
Get my trailer number,and D R's
Hook,and pre-trip.
Make the appoinment,sometimes skids,other times sort.& seg.

I either make 1- 3 pickups on the way back to the Term.,or come back empty.
Drop that trailer hook to my route trailer,go to the dock finish loading,get D R's pre- trip,leaving the Term.,between 10:30AM & Noon
Make all my delivers,than some pick-ups.
Back to the Term.,hand in my paper work,drop my trailer.
Put my pallet jack load bar,& hand cart away in a safe corner of the dock so it won't get run over by the in bound dock crew.

than swipe my card to clock out.

You can see my day is non-stop from Time card swipe in to time card swipe out.

I carry food that I can eat on the fly.
I'd much rather get my route done than to get chewed out by my TM for not making all my deliveries.

As much as everyone knows that its a federal law to have a lunch,the way the freight runs,theres just no way to fit it in.

Most of my Terminals P & D drivers do the same.

But I'm used to this life.

I'm over 62,and this way of life either makes me old,or keeps me young,just haven't figured out which?

Apostolic,

My day starts at 8am everyday unless I volunteer for earlier starts, for which I get paid at premium time, (overtime rates). My day goes basically the same as yours from the time I swipe in till the time I swipe out. What I don't understand is how you have no problem giving your company $2756 per year. I take lunch every day, plus my 2 breaks, unless I am told to work through my lunch. When this happens, I am to take a mandatory break of 20 minutes in order to consume my meal. For this I am paid 1 hour at the overtime rate. If I worked through lunch everyday for a year it would equate to an extra $8450 per year. Why would you be happy with a total disparity of $11206 by not taking your lunch. By the way, I realize that my lunch regulations are stipulated by a contract, and I take an hour as opposed to your 1/2 hour, but my main question remains. Even if my lunch time was 1/2 an hour it would still equate to $4225 per year extra or a total disparity of $6471. We are talking serious peanuts under either scenario.

As far as getting my job done, I have only had one man question my performance or work ethic in almost 20 years of ltl service. I find it ironic that that man now works for UPSF as well.
So I can see none of you can relate to the fast pace.. of a local P.& D. driver.
But guess what?

Getting letters for bringing back returns is nothing short of harrassment. As is the threat of termination if you don't "pick up the pace". Comparing you to another driver is also unfair and uncalled for, and there is no reason that you should have to give free time to the company for any reason whatsoever. Everything you have mentioned here, is addressed in a union contract, and these are exactly the protections we talk about as being there for the working man. All these points are nothing but out and out abuse of the workers.