Holland | Hiring too many?

sharpshooter

TB Veteran
Credits
Over the summer, it seemed like they couldn't get anybody, all of a sudden, there's a new driver every week and they can't clear the board :duh:...can't find a truck for them to drive either.
Why don't they hire, going into the busy season, instead of coming out of it? Last thing anybody wants to do is start a job, then sit home.

It takes forever to get on. From the time I applied till when I started, a good 3 months had passed. Supposedly they are having trouble at several terminals getting adequate help. I am guessing that they are expecting a heavy winter like last year. Time will tell. Also, who knows what impact the Conway and Fedex organizations will have on our work load. Will customers jump ship or stay committed to them? Will they close terminals that vote in the Teamsters? :drama:

It takes forever to get on. From the time I applied till when I started, a good 3 months had passed. Supposedly they are having trouble at several terminals getting adequate help. I am guessing that they are expecting a heavy winter like last year. Time will tell. Also, who knows what impact the Conway and Fedex organizations will have on our work load. Will customers jump ship or stay committed to them? Will they close terminals that vote in the Teamsters? :drama:
That was always the excuse at FXF for over hiring, they were waiting for YRC to close anyday..lol.
I just feel bad for people that start and sit home..been there done that, and it sucks

Ive been told where I work(different company),it was because of an aging workforce.Maybe they dont wanna get caught short handed by multi retirements.Your right though,that isn't doing new hires any favors.

well if they over hired ill be helping you junior guys out i gave my notice this week.. hope all works out for all my brothers here but im sick of what YRC has done.....

That's another reason they are hiring. They realize that people are leaving left and right so they are trying to keep up with that also.

well if they over hired ill be helping you junior guys out i gave my notice this week.. hope all works out for all my brothers here but im sick of what YRC has done.....

Best of luck to you at your new job.

At Holland they're quitting or get fired about as fast as they hire em , so it keeps us at about the same level all the time. About 15 short.

This has always been the Holland way , wait & wait all spring & summer & then hire like crazy in Aug & Sept, & then lay them off in Nov !!! new guys are sweeping the dock with no runs or trucks or trailers for them & still road testing & hiring more next week !!

I saw a half dozen brand new trailers this week in MI and MS, but only one new tractor in JA

At Holland they're quitting or get fired about as fast as they hire em , so it keeps us at about the same level all the time. About 15 short.

Who is getting fired? Probationary guys that are hitting **** or senior guys?