ABF | Hoffa Statement On YRCW Efforts To Acquire Freight Division Of ABF

I do not drink....at all. I am stone-cold sober.....so much so that my sense of humor has atrophied over the years. I can only laugh at Three Stooges type physical comedy,... subtle irony and double-entendres slip right past my withered humor-organ......Puns and similies only produce a quiver to my dry and dusty lips. Consequently, I can say, without so much as a slight smile, that I believe the Department of Labor has an attorney with some modicum of ethics.....maybe they have him locked in the basement of the Department of Justice.....that would immmediately, ...and with a self-righteous sense of the indignity imposed on the humble and noble working men and women of ABF......rise to the occasion on his (optional) white charger.......
I have done my share of drinking, this deal kinda makes me want to start back, but I have a good sober wife that would bust my buns. But all jokes aside, the way YRCW threw so many under the bus, and was empowered to do so by Wall Street, this latest ploy doesn't surprise me, nor do I see it being investigated. They are all in bed together, our beloved ABF, YRCW, and the IBT and the Banks. Heck, when I run UE to Atlanta, there are YRC trailers hooked at linehaul every night. They are loaning us trailers, to keep from moving empties into certain lanes, thus not deadheading YRC Road Drivers and ABF not having to rent equipment, but, ABF is suing them...Yea, I'm gonna sue you in Federal Court, then holla at ya, "hey, Canary, let me borrow yo utility trailer"..say wha? What was your take again on the legal system? They all use that fine institution for their union busting purposes as well. But, my Brother, I do find your dry wit humorous, entertaining, and thought provoking. Post on, Brother!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Hoffa could put all this business to rest...if he took this stand...and the membership stood with him....with a statement more like this....Let this Great and Proud Union of hardworking members put you Mr. Welch, and your financiers, on NOTICE, Please, by all means, strike whatever deal you desire, that you feel is best, for the companies shareholders, but, be sure, on that very day, at whatever hour that the SEC approves the deal for a virtually defunct company, except for the sacrifices of the Union membership, to buy a solvent competitor, that also employs our members, I will personally approve a walkout of all members, until all members of record that were laid off by YRC are paid full back wages at the original NMFA standards, and furthermore, all full pension contributions due those members are paid into the pension fund coffers. Then and only then will these companies resume operations, and any merger of YRC and ABF will fall under the guidelines of the original NMFA contract that was opened for renegotiation to save YRCW. You good folks have a nice Wall Street day! Tell Mr. DEEP POCKETS to pay up or LOCK THE GATES! Of course, that would be the end of the Ponzi scheme, so we all know that will never happen!

Turncoat, you are on the right track. I think the union should file a lawsuit against ABF and YRC for this meeting of collusion. It should take a few years after all the appeals are done with. This way we wouldn't be able to vote on the giveback contract coming our way Fairly and we retain the same rules and wages we currently recieve until it gets straightened out.

Turncoat, you are on the right track. I think the union should file a lawsuit against ABF and YRC for this meeting of collusion. It should take a few years after all the appeals are done with. This way we wouldn't be able to vote on the giveback contract coming our way Fairly and we retain the same rules and wages we currently recieve until it gets straightened out.
Cropduster, Union is in too deep with YRCW. All we'll here from Mr. Hoffa are his "politically correct" talking points. passing the buck BS. It really makes you want to puke. In reality, if YRCW and ABF went out on the picket line together, the non-union carriers could not handle the business, it would be very problematic for shipper's, because rates would rise and service would definitely suffer..and Mr. Obamas struggling to recover economy would take a big hit, because the cost of goods sold would quickly rise 25% or more,..But, if we were willing to hang our hats, and Mr. Hoffa had the gonads to put up the hat rack, we might get our NMFA back, and if the non-unions saw that the Union was again alive and well, and possessed a spine, then we could again recruit members and increase our ranks and improve the standards in the industry......and that my friends would be good for all concerned!