Estes | holey moley

Matt

Infamous “Beerboy”
Credits
man Iowa has sucked. - 15 last night. freggin truck / dolly would not hook up. [ hint pour diesel treat all over your plate, loosens that grease up ] but man ol man it was cold !!! wanted to catch myself on fire to warm up :flame:. hope you guys are stayin somewhat busy and warm. kc seems to have picked up some freight from the central freight lines closing some terminals the last few weeks in our area.
hell may have to put a few city guys on here soon.

man Iowa has sucked. - 15 last night. freggin truck / dolly would not hook up. [ hint pour diesel treat all over your plate, loosens that grease up ] but man ol man it was cold !!! wanted to catch myself on fire to warm up :flame:. hope you guys are stayin somewhat busy and warm. kc seems to have picked up some freight from the central freight lines closing some terminals the last few weeks in our area.
hell may have to put a few city guys on here soon.

Here in Cedar Rapids we set a new alltime record low temp of -29 at 7:51 this morning. Now they're predicting -33 tonight!!!:holysheep:

My meet man froze up in north Indiana. -24 real air temp. plus a wicked wind chill up there last night. I called central and they told me to drop in 086 and go home, they said they did'nt want anybody else up there cause they already had trucks froze up all over the place.

I got to 086 and it was -5 there and had fifth wheel trouble to there BB. but it finally latched.
Called my meet man few hours later to check on him and he had taken his fuel filter out (it was froze solid) and managed to limp back to his barn with no filter. He said the truck would only run about 45mph by the time he got there. I thank God we both made it back home. This algore:loser: global warming sure is ruff.

Kinda makes us down here is SC feel bad for *****ing about 16 degrees here last night. Eh....it's relative....if it's below 30 to me it's friggin cold!

Hope other terminals are taking care of their dockworkers. Apparently propane's up in price, too pricey in fact to power our propane heaters on the dock for us. In the office area its about 100 degrees though, so most of us are finding reasons to take a few up there. We here @ 024 aren't facing quite the extreme temps as others are, but either way its cold. Hope all the folks out on road have an extra coat or blanket along in the cab. Be Safe everyone. Spring will be here sooner or later.

Propane heaters??? Working our dock is like driving a forklift on a runway... No door bumpers to keep the wind out... It blows in one side, through you, and out the other. Fun.. :waycool: