FedEx Freight | Holy operating ration

Don’t hold your breath
But But BUT! We've been told for years that DOUBLE digit operating ratios are what's needed for improved benefits and wages. I wonder - will THAT topic will be mentioned, as part of the expected pre-shift announcement of the 16.1% margin for the quarter and 11.766 % for the combined last 2 quarters?

Point taken, Siko... NOT holding breath. Even though I do EXPECT the commitment to be honored.

Doesn't that give you a margin of 11.3?
It might appear that way, at first glance, but that's not really correct.

Analogy: Because the two pies are each a different size, combining percentages doesn't work. You have to combine the ingredients of both pies together, then run the numbers.

Q3-andQ4---stats-6.24.21.jpg
Better full view here: https://add.pics/image/kvnyu

Combined operating income (bottom line) 479 mil
divided by combined Revenue (top line) 4071 mil
equals combined operating margin of 11.766%

Then we can refer to the provided guidelines, and using a trusty interpolation calculator (yes there is such a thing), presto. Your raw, unrounded bonus number: 3.3680999999999996%

3bAWUND.jpg

Last edited:
Max is 4.5%, but we didn't qualify for that.

We qualified for approximately 3.68%, base on a combined 3rd & 4th quarter margin of 11.766%.

The exact payout depends on how favorable the rounding method they choose to use. Historically, in good times the rounding is more generous.
:1036316054::clapping::clapping::1036316054:
Does everyone get different? My wife works for fdx services. She gets 6% of her annual salary. She was just informed the bonus will be paid at 150% this year due to profits, so technically she will get 9% of her annual salary.

Does everyone get different? My wife works for fdx services. She gets 6% of her annual salary. She was just informed the bonus will be paid at 150% this year due to profits, so technically she will get 9% of her annual salary.
No. Services is totally separate with superior benefits. Express is also separate. I can not speak on Ground since their drivers are NOT employees. I have no clue as to their employee benefits.

Freight's bonus structure is stand alone, and unique to Freight. The good part? It's NOT contingent on any other metrics other than it's own profitability - operating margin.

Worth mentioning, since you quoted the amount posted in error, the corrected (raw numbers) Bonus amount is 3.368%

It might appear that way, at first glance, but that's not really correct.

Analogy: Because the two pies are each a different size, combining percentages doesn't work. You have to combine the ingredients of both pies together, then run the numbers.

Q3-andQ4---stats-6.24.21.jpg
Better full view here: https://add.pics/image/kvnyu

Combined operating income (bottom line) 479 mil
divided by combined Revenue (top line) 4071 mil
equals combined operating margin of 11.766%

Then we can refer to the provided guidelines, and using a trusty interpolation calculator (yes there is such a thing), presto. Your raw, unrounded bonus number: 3.3680999999999996%

3bAWUND.jpg
Is it 3.36 of our last six months income, or of the last year?