FedEx Freight | Hope all you pro union guys give this some thought

So you think that all the drivers who were displaced due the changes Fedex has made over the last five years do not deserve to have their seniority?

This Is Just for you bigdaddy300 You can hide behind your desk or your steering wheel I don't care. The United Steel Workers Of America Members cost me a job in Texas in 1982. I'm not Pro Union but I'm sure against you. I went to work for FedEx in 2004 and went through the realignment in 2008 in Dayton OH. so my choice was to be a dock worker or follow the freight so I followed the freight to Louisville,Ky. hoping to save my Home and use my one time come back to come back to Dayton but that didn't happen. Because I was laid off in 2009 A handful of driver's with more company seniority and less roadboard seniority complained about not getting enough work knowing they would not get laid off so I was and when my 6 month lay off was over and no call from Fedex to come back to work. I went to work for FedEx National in Cincinnati, Oh. in 2009. So along comes the merge and I went to Terre Haute,In. Hoping I could keep a good run. And in 2013 FedEx came to Terre Haute,In. and cut 23 Runs and by the way I did lose my home in Oh. So to cut this sick story a little short it's 10 and a half years later and some bad choices and bad FedEx Policies I'm back in Dayton and still at the bottom of the board. with Drivers with less than six months experience ahead of me. So you know where you can stick your seniority Policies and you know where I work and I would be glad to say it to your face. my name Is David McMurray and I don't care who you tell I'm not afraid of losing my job with all the BULL**** My Family and I have been through. I wish you would have had to go through this **** not me and my family and friends and see if you still feel the same way.

i do have a question for anyone who wants to answer. I will grant you the "fact" that if you do organize you will not be in central states pension for sure, and probably not in any multi employer fund for that matter it will most likely be something of your own. But my question is how can you vote yes with out knowing, that seams like a pretty important part of your life (especially for the younger guys) to just leave up to someone to say "just trust me it will be better".

ironic that you can say this, but isnt this exactly what we get from fedex every day? Trust me, fool!

I do have a question for anyone who wants to answer. I will grant you the "fact" that if you do organize you will not be in central states pension for sure, and probably not in any multi employer fund for that matter it will most likely be something of your own. But my question is how can you vote yes with out knowing, that seams like a pretty important part of your life (especially for the younger guys) to just leave up to someone to say "just trust me it will be better".
Because I will not vote to ratify the contract if it's in a mepf. That is just not acceptable, and I believe that is everyone's position. The members have to vote on the contract to accept it.

We have beat this horse to death!!

Read what you wrote..beat it to death? Tell me, how can you be sure what fedexs plans are down the road with any certainty? If they take away your pension, would you feel the same as you do today? What about insurance, if they made you responsible for more copay without a significant raise, would that change your view? How about vacation, they cut it on you, or personal days? Would you then feel the company has your best interests? ?

Read what you wrote..beat it to death? Tell me, how can you be sure what fedexs plans are down the road with any certainty? If they take away your pension, would you feel the same as you do today? What about insurance, if they made you responsible for more copay without a significant raise, would that change your view? How about vacation, they cut it on you, or personal days? Would you then feel the company has your best interests? ?

Tell me how do I feel? You have no idea how I feel because you pay no attention to what I say, you read into it what you want. What I meant is we have talked about this until we've turned blue in the face, my post that was quoted is a month old and since then we have talked a lot about it in many threads. But since you asked I'll give you a little insight into my world, they have cut my pay to give it to my health and welfare to cover rising insurance costs. Every contract we've ever had since I've been around has had wording saying that our raises can be diverted for healthcare costs. I belong to a construction trade union, I don't get paid vacation, paid holidays, paid personal days or seniority . If I don't work I don't get paid. I'm just wondering how much more we can say the same things over and over.