TForce | Hope/ concern?

No port

Libertarian free thinker
Credits
At this point I am more concerned than hopeful.
What has the current management done to give me any hope? Very little.
If the management does change, then the company will just be the same under a new name.
I have heard that straight trucks are being removed from service, haven't seen it yet, but was told it is already happening.

Last edited:
Management has changed very little. A few moves, a few retirements, sad to say the same group of managers that created this mess are the ones who are scrambling to get it fixed.
Hope with time that they get weeded out.
I know a local terminal that runs 7 drivers on the street with 4 people in the office. That needs fixed....

I have heard that straight trucks are being removed from service, haven't seen it yet, but was told it is already happening.
There are a lot of areas some terminals cover that if they didn’t have straight trucks freight would not get delivered.

Management has changed very little. A few moves, a few retirements, sad to say the same group of managers that created this mess are the ones who are scrambling to get it fixed.
Hope with time that they get weeded out.
I know a local terminal that runs 7 drivers on the street with 4 people in the office. That needs fixed....
Here in IL yesterday we ran 5 in the city with 4 managers and 2 clerks for two road guys. Genius.

I am not sure, but I think TFI may be going away from residential and lift gates. Low profit, high risk and cost.

Higher risk, but high profit potential for the driver; i'm averaging $40-60 per week in tips. That's $40-60 tax-free cash.

Rogue fitness sucks though. i wouldn't miss residentials.

Anyways, the first red flag, to me, is:

1) First off, i don't like newcomers who "think" they know everything and what will "fix" the company.

The truck i had wednesday was a 2005 and worked just fine. A/C very cold.

A new tractor is going to be over $100,000 and he's talking buying 100's of new tractors. i don't think a mechanic is going to make too much more over 100K per year? 2-3 mechanics per terminal can keep 20 tractors running. You do the math.......

It's not AGE of the equipment, it's CONDITION. i think we need to worry more about caster and alignment and better tires than getting new tractors.

Higher risk, but high profit potential for the driver; i'm averaging $40-60 per week in tips. That's $40-60 tax-free cash.

Rogue fitness sucks though. i wouldn't miss residentials.
No doubt, an occasional tip is always good, but at any given time we have 20% of the drivers out with an injury. Almost all of them from liftgate deliveries.

Buyouts are all about changes , they will lie to you daily and then make changes the next day , just look at the history of any buyouts , like what old yellow keeps changing & merging weekly !

If YRC/Yellow made no changes after the mergers people would **** and moan that they weren't adapting to changing conditions. Then as they are making changes people are pissing and moaning that they are making too many changes. If it weren't for pissing and moaning trucking would be a very boring job! :hilarious: :bananapartyhat:

I hope we can all make it to retirement! And I certainly care about the other hands still employed, and that would include you Mr. WOOO!

I guess I’m somewhat disgruntled. I had thought that UPS really wanted to be a premier force in LTL. I know what they did with us was a smart business play for them. They used Big O to buy their way out of the CSPF, and made their money back by saving the billions of dollars they would have had to pay out to make up the difference from other contributors who have went out of business. Before we were bought, it was Big O vs. the World. We were a family. Now we’re all just an I.D. number. Maybe we can get some of that back. Time will tell. UPS IS THE DEVIL !