ODFL | Household Services

Sound's like it will be a good investment.We have had our training on what to do.I think it will go over good.Just hope no-one fall's out the back of the trailer's while loading.look's like we are giving ABF something to talk about.lol

Well,still after 3 day's they are still worried.Has a City Driver we have been told what&how to do this.Don't see much of a difference in what we have done in the past.We have alway's took pup's&big trailer's into resident's for Del.We have been moving employee's for yrs.The moving services contract that the client sign's..State's that the trailer will be set at the curb along the road.Unless they sign a release that OD is not responsible for any damages to the property.Has of the low wire's&branches.If a driver takes the extra time to scope out the area before going in there will never be a problem.I again think this is a great Idea & they really don't have much investment in this program.We are just feeling up space on the pup's .The only thing that they have invested time&a little money is the ramp's.My understanding is that OD is building the ramp's themself.We will supply a hand truck.Like I said before this is no competion with ABF.We are in the business to make money&Helping People make Promises.Lastly OD would have never start this if they didn't think it would work.We have a great team of People at OD.This is just my take on it.Everyone has there opinion's to disagree or agree.

Maybe a new service to OD but the LTL industry has been doing this for years. A few of the major players in the household moving industry have also used LTLs to make small moves too for years.
Many city's have laws about parking the trailers on the streets, some require a permit to be issued before dropping trailer and also put time limits on them.
I know of one case where the trailer was struck by a car at night and the carrier wrote a big check after their day in court. The driver was worried that the party would then go after him personally as he was the one responsible for leaving the trailer.

I think you will see cases where the big moving company's will use us instead of loading there on truck's.I feel very comfortable that OD has done there homework.They wouldn't have made a move without alot of legal checking..The resident or person using the services have everything they need on the internet sight to order &set up del&pick-up of trailer.Plus all the form's are there to .

unfortunately most customers really don't know their neighborhoods very well. I can't tell you the number of times the customer has said "TRUCKS COME DOWN THIS ROAD ALL THE TIME" just to find out a tree hangs down that is not passable and the customer says "OH I DID NOT KNOW YOUR TRUCK WAS THAT BIG" , like did you think i was driving a pickup truck.

Alway's,,Had one out in the country on a dead end country road with a 48.Pulled up to the guy's driveway..He came out&said come in you got plenty of room.I just stood there & look'd up & told him "No I don't think so".He said WHY.I look'd up&said see them tree branch's ..They were about 10 ft from the ground.His response was O"H never thought about that..Well,I will just go get the pick-up to put it on..I respoded sound's like a great plan..lol..Has of getting back around there was just enough room to turn around at the end of the road..
unfortunately most customers really don't know their neighborhoods very well. I can't tell you the number of times the customer has said "TRUCKS COME DOWN THIS ROAD ALL THE TIME" just to find out a tree hangs down that is not passable and the customer says "OH I DID NOT KNOW YOUR TRUCK WAS THAT BIG" , like did you think i was driving a pickup truck.

So funny them ABF"Rs are still ranting on how OD is going to bomb on this one&they just can't hang it up..I do hope that the U-Pack business is enough to keep them going."It's our baby&we know how to do it""from one ABF"R..Don't know why they are so worried about OD stealing from them..You know we just go in & under bid them&we all follow them around to steal freight..UMMM....OD under bidding another LTL .Now,that's a first..Never heard OD cutting rate's we have been going up&still growing&opening new term&spending money on equipment..O'h yes did I mention pay raise's& big profit's which mean's more in my "Pension"..

well, how's the service looking in your area????I've only heard of 1 trailer drop at my term.I just don't know about this one.Maybe over-time.But,hey they don't really have anything in it.My only complaint that I have is.They are just sending a reg.handtruck...I think they should send a better handtruck.Still,I think they are going to have someone fall out the back of a trailer or trip on the ramp coming down.Well, I hope that doesn't happen..

So many possibilites for injury. When you rent a U-Haul it is just as bad.The only real differences is the height of the OD trailer and the bumper on the back of a U-Haul. It is gonna hurt one way or the other.

Havent pulled any HHG trailers yet(or at least the self pack stuff)I can remember several times in the past pulling transfering employees HHG.

Being in the hometown have pulled alot for moving employee's.So like I told the other board really don't see much difference in what we have been doing for yrs.you know they seem to be concern'd about us OD driver's about pulling down them wire's& know we don't have the tech.software to handle all them important thing's..You know we so high tech around here..It's the OD way..lol
Havent pulled any HHG trailers yet(or at least the self pack stuff)I can remember several times in the past pulling transfering employees HHG.