Yellow | HOUSTON, TX terminal has issues

gauster

TB Lurker
Credits
FYI: 5-27-6 4 road drivers received layoff notices.

Now from what I hear one driver is due to retire within the next week. Another road driver is now the business agent at the hall.
Wouldn't the departure of two more drivers off the board allow two of the layed off drivers to return?

gauster said:
FYI: 5-27-6 4 road drivers received layoff notices.

Now from what I hear one driver is due to retire within the next week. Another road driver is now the business agent at the hall.
Wouldn't the departure of two more drivers off the board allow two of the layed off drivers to return?
Here's where I'm at odds with the guys running this joint. Common sense would dictate that if you loose 2 drivers that is 2 spots you need to filled and re bid. But somehow RDWY doesn't think that way. That's two less drivers that they have to pay and thus, they are "saving money". So you would ask, doesn't that delay freight....with not enough drivers?? Nah.....us Teamsters are the only ones that can be written up for "delaying freight", when they do it, it's called a "business decision" :duh: If the management at 521 are told to layoff 2 guys, they must layoff 2, or they won't be around very long. Most supers are job scared, because they know Yellow aint afraid to drop the ax on anyone!!! DS.

Rebid? probably not. The guy probably should have never taken a bid in the first place. Why fug another over a couple days, then take all your time? With that said, he probably had a premium time start and run. And with typical fashion, Rex will get rif of the start ime and replace it with a weds. thurs days off!