How did you learn to type and how do you type..??

How did you learn to type, or how do you type..??

• I never go into chat rooms, cuz I am so slow, it's the next day before I finish typing..!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

pro1driver

I don't wanna go fishing, even though i got stuff
Credits
for me, i never had training in school for typing. i went into "vo-tech", instead of the "business" classes in high school.

so up until i got my first pc, i never knew how to type.'

then came along that first pc, and i typed with the typical "2 finger" way..

slowly, i progressed to 3 fingers then 4..!!

i had bought a great typing program, named, "Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing", and i learned more from that. it was (for me) really a great program.

now i type with at least 4 fingers, sometimes 5, but never more than that..

in fact, i have removed some keys from the keyboard that got in the way of my "speed typing", necessitating several "edits" to anything that i type...

i stopped learning form that program, and i had removed it from the pc, maybe someday i will re-install it and start my learning all over again.

But ya know what..??

sometimes i type faster, as long as i still LOOK AT the keyboard.....lol.....

so what about you, how do you type, how did you learn...do you even care how long it takes to type up anything.>??

thanks in advance to all that respond...

now you see, what happens when you type with 5 fingers or less..??

in my poll, the question reads...

"I still type with 2 fingers of less..!!!"

it should read....."I still type with 2 fingers OR less..!!!"

I AIN'T a Typist.

To some I'm a type (of) pest or typest. :stirthepot::wavey:

When in school (formative) years, I concluded typing was for girls, just like piano playing.

Later years resulted in "man was I dumb".

Oh Well, CHEERS!!

When in school (formative) years, I concluded typing was for girls, just like piano playing.

Later years resulted in "man was I dumb".

Oh Well, CHEERS!!

There were no males in my High School typing class and I'm sure those that may have considered it were dissuaded by peer pressure.

There was an unspoken certitude that we would be the men in charge of the future and would have subservient females available to us for such mundane chores as typing.

Brings to mind scenes of Larry Tate and Darrin Stevens having cocktails in the office while young secretaries scurried around in mini skirts.

Ah, the unfulfilled dreams of my youth.

Wow, an even three way split in the polling data!

Now it's a four way. Without a tie breaker, a runoff election could be in order.

Last edited by a moderator:
When in school (formative) years, I concluded typing was for girls,

That's right. Back then women grew up to either be barefoot and pregnant, and keep the home for their men. But should they get their hands on books, get smart and want to get a real education, then they were only allowed to get jobs as secretaries, and secretaries were there to do the TYPING for their male bosses.

No such thing as a male secretary back then, and if there was, well it was because the guy was, well, you know.

There were no males in my High School typing class and I'm sure those that may have considered it were dissuaded by peer pressure.

There was an unspoken certitude that we would be the men in charge of the future and would have subservient females available to us for such mundane chores as typing.

Brings to mind scenes of Larry Tate and Darrin Stevens having cocktails in the office while young secretaries scurried around in mini skirts.

Ah, the unfulfilled dreams of my youth.

There was no other way the future would turn out back then. It was etched in stone.

Not only were there no guys in the typing class, there were no guys in the home economics class either.

Wow, an even three way split in the polling data!

Not anymore!

big-cheesy-grincopy.png

I still remember the day the Health teacher took all the girls from the class for a secret meeting at an undisclosed location.

The must have sworn an oath of secrecy because not a one would ever tell us what was discussed; but upon returning they all had this sly smirk like they had just learned something vitally important and now had an edge on us.

I too bought Mavis Beacon back when I got my first computer (I think it had a whopping 4 megs of RAM) and worked at it for a while. I reached a ceiling with mavis and got bored with it and went to Prodigy chat and learned more there. I type with ten fingers and do pretty good at it but when it comes to typing numbers I have to look.

6 voters 8 votes I see I'm not the only one who checked two of them.

I attempted to learn from an instructional cd years ago but never practiced enough to actually learn. Nowadays, I just do it any way I can to get the job done, and I have been quite creative at times, especially while holding a beer and slice of pizza at the same time.

I took one quarter of typing in seventh grade. Basically it was enough to learn where the keys were and what fingers I was supposed to use. Fast forward to 1996 when I bought my first computer and went into my first chat room. It all came back pretty quick and before long I was to the point where I am now, where I type around 70 wpm.

I learned to type in High School....and yes there were other guys in typing class to....and of course with the advent of computers becoming prevalent in the home, that only served as a means for me to progressively improve in speed and technique..

smiley-computer012.gif
smiley-computer002.gif