FedEx Freight | How fast can they destroy lives, families and friendships???

hurricane64

TB Lurker
Credits
What is everybody going thru? I'd like to know! How are you feeling? Do you want to get out of bed. Do you have to try to smile? What's your family going thru? Is this BS all consuming. How many friendships are going to be affected by this? I'll tell you, this has been one "Helluva" week for me. I survived the "BOMB" they dropped on us last Thursday! I managed to stay positive thru the weekend. Felt a little better after the Monday night meeting, and called the wife to let her know. No answer! Came home Tuesday morning, and was told "that she had packed a U-Haul" and left with, three of my four kids, and moved 4 states away. They say it comes in 3's, what's next! The good Lord doesn't put more on you than you can handle. All of you are in my prayers.

I'm very sorry to hear this. I can't imagine. She left because of the job situation only? That's rough man.

As to your question. Things like this mean nothing to them. They've done it to us before, and they're doing it to us again. We lost some very good people in the last go around. Huge amount of experience and talent. That's when we learned that not only do they not care about their employees, they don't appreciate what we bring to the table. They know it all and we are just tools to keep the money coming in. It's not even personal. It can't be personal when the coldness can freeze nitrogen.

I wish you all the luck you can get. Again, I'm really sorry about what you're going through. They say what doesn't kill you, usually sucks in a big way.

Sorry to hear things are that bad Hurricane.
Franklin put it exactly right when talking about the FED EX attitude towards it's employees.
They could put just a little effort into doing things in a fair way rewarding those that have performed well for the company for many years, but they choose not to whenever the oppritunity arises.

Best of luck to you.

I'll will soon be giving 10% instead of 110%. I could care less if they just shut the doors and poor ole fred lost 20 billion.

...,Things like this mean nothing to them. They've done it to us before, and they're doing it to us again. We lost some very good people in the last go around. Huge amount of experience and talent. That's when we learned that not only do they not care about their employees, they don't appreciate what we bring to the table. They know it all and we are just tools to keep the money coming in. It's not even personal. It can't be personal when the coldness can freeze nitrogen.

I wish you all the luck you can get. Again, I'm really sorry about what you're going through. They say what doesn't kill you, usually sucks in a big way.

I couldn't agree with you more! You nailed it. Back in '96 we had almost 200 road drivers, and many premium runs to choose from, then came the big one, "reconfiguration" they called it. That's when we found out that Sheridan didn't really give a {edit} about us after all, he listened to a sales pitch from a group of former Conway Management telling him how he could strip it down, beef it up, create a state of the art badassed LTL operation. After they were done reconfiguring our asses, we only had 109 road drivers on the board. The bad news is, that it worked. Ever since that happened, we have been re-aligned every now and again, (usually when we get up to near 150 road drivers, and they will cut our legs out from under us. I've been bumped to the bottom of the pile several times, and YEAH!, It sucks! It's going to continue, and if I actually miss the cut some day, I'll sell my services to the next highest bidder, I'm a free agent, always have been, always will be, ain't no ball and chain on my ankle. It's been a good trough to feed out of for the past 2 decades, some years better than others, but on balance, a good one. Do they love me? Hell {edit} no! They never will, it ain't that personal, it's just that they don't feel anything towards you. You, (and me too) are a means to an end in a corporation's mind's eye. Keep your eye on the ball, and don't ever turn your back to the pitcher, (he'll bean your ass in the back of the head every time!) and keep swingin' until the ump calls you out. I'm going to bed now, AW, out...,

Last edited by a moderator:
What is everybody going thru? I'd like to know! How are you feeling? Do you want to get out of bed. Do you have to try to smile? What's your family going thru? Is this BS all consuming. How many friendships are going to be affected by this? I'll tell you, this has been one "Helluva" week for me. I survived the "BOMB" they dropped on us last Thursday! I managed to stay positive thru the weekend. Felt a little better after the Monday night meeting, and called the wife to let her know. No answer! Came home Tuesday morning, and was told "that she had packed a U-Haul" and left with, three of my four kids, and moved 4 states away. They say it comes in 3's, what's next! The good Lord doesn't put more on you than you can handle. All of you are in my prayers.

It's tough.
They want guys to move, sell their houses (good luck with that), uproot their families, pull their kids out of school, ditch old friends and family members.
To follow the freight to some desolate, God-awful place in the middle of nowhere.
So you stay there a year or maybe two...think you're OK.
Until they "reconfigure" or "re-engineer" the lanes...and suddenly it's deja vu all over again.
Then you go get to chase the freight to who knows where?

I feel sorry for you guys that have to do that.
I wouldn't (couldn't) do it.

And what about Doug Duncan...the mastermind behind this disaster?
Where's he at now?
He's on JB Hunt's board or directors earning a nice chunk of change.
Wonder what his severance check looked like...and the stock options...bonuses..etc.
This guy blows $700 mil in shareholder wealth...and he's living the high life.
You scuff a trailer, take down a line, forget to chock a tire...and it's 3 strikes you're outta here!

I'm so sorry! You have always made me laugh on this board.

You are right that the lord does by pit more on you than you can handle!!

I'm mad, hurt, depressed. I break out in tears driving down the road or cleaning my house. We had one hell of a good bye Fedex party at my house last Sat nite. I'm sad, I really and truly like my job. It's not because of the money either, even though that is a plus. I drive down the road at night listen to my tunes or a book. All by myself with the music as load as I want. Don't have to worry about waking hubby in the sleeper.

I'm bitter too. I guess this is like a death. But I am WOMAN LOL. I sound like a Helen Reddy song.

hurricane, if I were you I would have already driven 4 states away, took the kids, robbed your wife and sold her to the chinese mafia and came home.

I'm very sorry to hear this. I can't imagine. She left because of the job situation only? That's rough man.

As to your question. Things like this mean nothing to them. They've done it to us before, and they're doing it to us again. We lost some very good people in the last go around. Huge amount of experience and talent. That's when we learned that not only do they not care about their employees, they don't appreciate what we bring to the table. They know it all and we are just tools to keep the money coming in. It's not even personal. It can't be personal when the coldness can freeze nitrogen.

Frankie is dead on this time. It's like they used to tell me in the Army.......it's all Mind Over Matter.......they don't mind, and you don't matter (and never will).

Thankyou, to all, for your prayers. I know that I will make it thru this little challenge. I do worry about my kids and how they will handle this. To answer you Chitown, it's simple. my 13 year old son, that chose to stay with me, has ADD/ ADHD and anger management issues. He had head injuries when he was a toddler, double skull fracture and scaring on the brain. His mother, after some time, couldn't deal with it. I don't blame FedEx Corp. for my situation. I do think they hurt alot of people. And I think that it will help some drivers, if they can let it out. Worthless, THANKYOU, I hope you win the Lotto, I hope you grow the biggest "Maters", and I hope that 12 LB. large mouth Bass finds your hook. But, I hope and pray, you can " not wake the hubby on a bumpy road" unless you want to make it "bumpy"! 10-4 Thankyou and keep talkin