XPO | How long before....

Yes on the 5th wheel. I have actually talked to drivers as well. No I cannot read the logo. Can we agree to disagree?

No. For the life of me I cannot figure why you would be having a discussion with a road driver about sliding fifth wheels .. there are tons of other responsibilities you need to be concentrating on then some road drivers fifth wheel ..

it does not matter, history repeats itself, years ago line haul was run by outside help, look at the savings, fuel,insu,bennies, they pay us .50 per mile plus, these jamokes only get 24-30, big savings, more profit, i tink it is a good deal, said that from the start. let's just truck in 2012 and stop all this whining, you can not control it, just deal with it. Oh! Happy holidays

No. For the life of me I cannot figure why you would be having a discussion with a road driver about sliding fifth wheels .. there are tons of other responsibilities you need to be concentrating on then some road drivers fifth wheel ..
When they are over weight in the nose and cannot compensate by sliding the 5th wheel it concerns me and the load has to be reworked.

When they are over weight in the nose and cannot compensate by sliding the 5th wheel it concerns me and the load has to be reworked.

If you were doing your job from the first piece of freight that went into the nose of a sub service you would not have had that problem.

If you were doing your job from the first piece of freight that went into the nose of a sub service you would not have had that problem.
And in a perfect world this would never happen. Am I supposed to watch every piece piece of freight be loaded in every single trailer on the dock? I'm guessing you have never made a mistake?

And in a perfect world this would never happen. Am I supposed to watch every piece piece of freight be loaded in every single trailer on the dock? I'm guessing you have never made a mistake?

I have made mistakes dont get me wrong ... but definitely not being over drives on a subservice long box.

I didn't load them either. a supervisor can't see everything on the dock. Why are we arguing on Christmas? Did you get what you wanted today?

When I was an FOS I was proactive in making sure the front 8 of my sub service pulls were not over weight...

What I want and what I have are two different things .. have a good day .. hehe

According to beerfd ODFL does not do sub service. What is the status of contracting outside carriers in the LTL industry?

According to beerfd ODFL does not do sub service. What is the status of contracting outside carriers in the LTL industry?
Actually OD used a have a small outfit outta Chicago(Victory I believe was the companies name)that had mostly Eastern European Immigrants driving for them 6 or 7 years ago they were supposed to be a team operation but no matter what terminal in the system when you saw a particular tractor you always saw the same tired looking drivers, I think OD found out they were being scammed,looked the liability problems it might of caused if one of these guys had an accident dragging our equipment and stopped using them.They'll occasionally use truckload when we're over capacity through its in house truck brokerage.

crest pulling pups

i know for a fact they did a few months ago they came into xgh on fac when he split the set to put in the door. he took a long time still left the trailer 4ft from the door. the yard spotter had to put it in . this set came out of Colorado company said they were moving empties around um!

Actually OD used a have a small outfit outta Chicago(Victory I believe was the companies name)that had mostly Eastern European Immigrants driving for them 6 or 7 years ago they were supposed to be a team operation but no matter what terminal in the system when you saw a particular tractor you always saw the same tired looking drivers, I think OD found out they were being scammed,looked the liability problems it might of caused if one of these guys had an accident dragging our equipment and stopped using them.They'll occasionally use truckload when we're over capacity through its in house truck brokerage.

Somebody pointed out the fact that they didn't use sub-service.. and I talk to the drivers.. AND drive by one of their yards and see if you see any purchase trucks or trailers.. I don't.. and I didn't realize it 'til somebody pointed that out to me..

OD doesnt use sub-service as part of their business plan(yet,never count anything out in our business!)unless the freight level far exceeds our ability to get it moved,and thats pretty rare.Speaking as a linedriver its nice to work for a company that uses outside carriers only as a last resort,and yet somehow makes a profit using the traditional linehaul system

OD doesnt use sub-service as part of their business plan(yet,never count anything out in our business!)unless the freight level far exceeds our ability to get it moved,and thats pretty rare.Speaking as a linedriver its nice to work for a company that uses outside carriers only as a last resort,and yet somehow makes a profit using the traditional linehaul system

Thats good to hear and hope it stays that way. Pretty soon at conway if youre not sitting in the top 10% of the lineboard you're going to starve. Funny most nights I dont run, the next morning there are at least 4 vans stacked with freight. Gotta love it!

Thats good to hear and hope it stays that way. Pretty soon at conway if youre not sitting in the top 10% of the lineboard you're going to starve. Funny most nights I dont run, the next morning there are at least 4 vans stacked with freight. Gotta love it!
If you didn't run that night how do you know what's setting there the next morning?

Do you know how to tell the difference between the two fifth wheels? Because I have seen 3 CRST tractors and they all had sliders, not saying driver knows how to slide fifth wheel but they had it.