XPO | how many closings inthe last year?

Whatever ... they were forced to change their economic situation because of decisions beyond their control. This goes back to alleged promises this company made to people over the years. You cant sugar coat these closings .. whether they are service centers or zones..

I don't think anyone is arguing against the fact that the closings affected our fellow employees, some in a very negative way. I also don't think anyone is sugar coating anything. These closing are no fun for anyone involved.

Let's just get our facts straight on them so we can make judgements on the truth not rumors... That's all I'm trying to do...

BTW, The other state was Indiana...

Ok I have a couple of questions ... Where are we opening another service center in Illinois besides LaSalle.. I thought XRF was just an upgrade

Where are the other service center upgrades?

I hesitate to share too much detail, as this could give our competition a strategic advantage. However, given that this was shared with all employees (including external contractors), the information is readily available.

Here is what I found regarding new service centers. Although this does not reflect all new locations and upgrades mentioned, it is a more comprehensive listing.

XCF – Council Bluffs, IA – New Service Center
New 80-door service center

XLA – LaSalle, IL – New Service Center
New 220-door facility with 6½ bay shop and fuel island. Anticipated completion is end of 2008.

XMD – Mundelein, IL – 2006 Expansion of existing Service Center
Expand service center by 32 doors with new office.

XRF – Rockford, IL – New Service Center
Purchase land and build 100-door facility

NMW – Miami West– 2007 New Service Center
New 40-door service center.

NNF – Norfolk, VA –New Service Center
New 64-door service center. Nearly complete.

Note: Some are relacements and are thus not considered "new" dispite the fact that they say new.

Disclaimer: Plans may change based on environment, market, and company needs.

Sorry for all the reading between the lines, notes, and disclaimers (cya). :1036316054:

I hesitate to share too much detail, as this could give our competition a strategic advantage. However, given that this was shared with all employees (including external contractors), the information is readily available.

Here is what I found regarding new service centers. Although this does not reflect all new locations and upgrades mentioned, it is a more comprehensive listing.

New 220-door facility with 6½ bay shop and fuel island. Anticipated completion is end of 2008.

Note: Some are relacements and are thus not considered "new" dispite the fact that they say new.

Sorry for all the reading between the lines, notes, and disclaimers (cya). :1036316054:

Great info! Some are already a work in progress.

I actually gave you a greenie!:biglaugh::1036316054:

Quick! Turn around! The Wizard is watching you.:smilie_132:

Thanks for sharing this information. More often than not some employees are left out in the cold and are not able to see certain vidoes because of the variables of shifts they work and also the videos or paperwork is not readily available for those employees them to view at the start of their shift. Alot of times employees get their information HERE rather than at their service center BECAUSE SCM's and FOM's only have "the monday mettings" to fit according to their schedules rather than the best interests of the employees of each individual terminal.

Makes sense to me. Why have all those terminals almost on top of each other? Isn't Con-Way a trucking company and not a real estate company?

I hate for people to lose their jobs but ultimately the company needs to survive for the rest of us. If a terminal is not operating at a profit and its not due to poor management then I would close it also.

Just FYI...

Con-way has not released anyone at the terminals that have closed... ALL have been OFFERED Relocation packages to move to the facilities which took their area over.

Some decided of their OWN FREE WILL to leave but the majority stayed with us.

If you are curious why we closed those terminals it is because they were LOSING $$$ I.E. Impacting our ICP as it is profit based along with our raises... Also at no Terminal that was closed did we lose service. The terminals that shutdown were not profitable and had other terminals very close by...

Compare us with most other carriers and we are over saturated in the midwest. We have more Terminals in this part of the country than any other carrier

I'm not saying I was glad to see these terminals close or to see anyone walk away from the company but understand, nobody was "Let Go" and we are better off having closed them.

As an example... In Ohio and Indiana alone we have 30 Service centers... No other carrier has nearly that many... Some of our locations have 2 other terminals within 50 miles of them!!!

MG

Knowing full well, how Con-Way management slithers. I would bet they ceased operations at those facilities, due to interest in a certain organization, that the company views as a threat, and non conducive to their long range plans to further dominate it's workforce, and force feed more of the slashing and cutting of pay and benefit packages, that they have become so famous for. Teamster Elvis out........

Knowing full well, how Con-Way management slithers. I would bet they ceased operations at those facilities, due to interest in a certain organization, that the company views as a threat, and non conducive to their long range plans to further dominate it's workforce, and force feed more of the slashing and cutting of pay and benefit packages, that they have become so famous for. Teamster Elvis out........
I know it's difficult to believe, but every move Con-way makes is not an underhanded move to hold off the big, bad union.:sadwavey:

Stand up and do WHAT? :shrug: "Make" them keep unneccesary locations open so we have a higher operating cost than necessary? I'm thankful they're looking at these things and reacting before we end up losing our butt because management was scared to make a move that might not be popular with everyone. There are several companies that no longer exist because mangement was unable or unwilling to react quickly and decisively. As said before, it's not like a plant leaving a town. I'm sure everyone affected had the opportunity to transfer to the nearby terminals that took over the areas previously served by the closed sics.

+1 :1036316054:

whatever you do don't force salesmen to produce. make sure the big shots get a ton of money for moving and keep adding more supervisory positions. that should make the company better. don't ya think