FedEx Freight | How many days have you worked this month?

I guess the questions should be the following:

1) How many hours did you get this month

2) Where are you in terms of seniority

This might help explain how some people are getting 40+ a week and others are getting less than a day or two.

1 day

I worked Jan 2nd, haven't worked since.:popcorn:

It will kick back in before long.

Extra board is very slow this year.

I guess the questions should be the following:

1) How many hours did you get this month

2) Where are you in terms of seniority

This might help explain how some people are getting 40+ a week and others are getting less than a day or two.

I'm in the same boat as you JDK. Although I am able to get 20-25hrs/week on the very cold dock in YRK. I am in the bottom 3rd of the city board there. Waiting for the phone to ring everyday and often don't start until 4PM. Our supervisors make sure we stuff the purchase trailers full first! And our city drivers (on the street) work 50 hrs trying to make up for the lack of bodies the FedEx Gods will allow on the street. You are not alone in HSG. We have linehaul drivers with 9yrs staying home 2 nights/week and the Xboard guys are really starving.

The good news is that between my 25hrs on the dock and partial UC I am able to pay the bills...gulp...for now. When they let me do my job, I love it. So, I plan to hang in there and hope for the best. I, for one, am convinced it will come back to us if we can survive this period.

2 last week, 2 the week before

I could have probably worked 4 but doing so would have left the other 2 guys on the extra board without any work.....
My favorite run is Richmond, a little over 400 miles for the night, I normally pass on all other runs at night(if I can) unless It is getting late in the week and I have not worked much.

Tell ya what guys, I made the decision in the late 90's when I broke my leg really bad to get debt free.....

Alot of the guys always say I am well off, Yes I am well off because 15 people aren't holding their hand out for my paycheck every week regardless if it's a big check or a small one. When you are debt free YOU control your financial future, when you are up to your *** in debt.... somebody else does.

When I define debt free I mean.

Mortgage no more than 1 full paycheck net a month
You carry no credit card balance
You have no car payments.

All you basically pay is utilities and food....

Don't hate me for being debt free, don't hate me because I CONTROL where my money goes....
I challenge you to improve you life drastically by getting debt free.
I want you to improve your life and lower your stress by being debt free.
It slow here too, but I have to work about 8 full days a month give or take a couple at Fedex Freight to cover my bills.

If the job ended tomorrow, God Bless them, I will make it.... I can make enough flipping burgers a month to pay my bills if I had to and I would flip burgers to take care of my family.

You ready to go in the right direction?

See this guy
http://www.daveramsey.com/

Jeff: I didn't know that you ran to RCH. I run their on occasion as well. That is also my favorite run. It is 241 each way. Much flatter than running to YNG or NWB. I haven't been there in about a month however.

And you are so correct. Getting out of debt and staying out of debt is the goal. Might I add one more step? Setting up a flow of interest income with fixed income investments is a great way to go. Once you start receiving interest instead of paying interest, you have really turned the tables.

Great post!!!

P.S. By the way my Center Manager called this morning and said that our road driver meetings scheduled for today and tomorrow have been rescheduled to Thursday and Friday. Never a good sign when they schedule meetings at the end of a week in my past work experience.

Jeff: I didn't know that you ran to RCH. I run their on occasion as well. That is also my favorite run. It is 241 each way. Much flatter than running to YNG or NWB. I haven't been there in about a month however.

And you are so correct. Getting out of debt and staying out of debt is the goal. Might I add one more step? Setting up a flow of interest income with fixed income investments is a great way to go. Once you start receiving interest instead of paying interest, you have really turned the tables.

Great post!!!

P.S. By the way my Center Manager called this morning and said that our road driver meetings scheduled for today and tomorrow have been rescheduled to Thursday and Friday. Never a good sign when they schedule meetings at the end of a week in my past work experience.

end of the month on top of that

i work out of mob .city driver no. 20 out of 30 city. i have been with company 15 years but lost all time when i came down here from ,,, so now i just have 3 years center time. im on a 4 ten hour day get between 37/41 hours a week . before that was on call got 35/ 45 hours a week.in december i worked 10days took lots of time off so other 10 guys could work. i have wanted to work less but tm said he will write me up for missing work go figure.

:duh:Bottom 3rd of city board, worked 3 days last week, sitting at home today. Been here 6mths, came from other freight company to FedEx to better myself. Would have rathe put up with the bs and have job security, than no bs, no job at all.

I'd rather be here. I left my white collar job three years ago to make more money and leave my work at work when I go home every day. I made $20,000 more last year than the year before. So I think I accomplished my goal. Obviously this year is not going to be the same. But I want to stay where the growth will be when the economy turns around. And I think FedEx Freight is where that will be.

2 last week, 2 the week before

I could have probably worked 4 but doing so would have left the other 2 guys on the extra board without any work.....
My favorite run is Richmond, a little over 400 miles for the night, I normally pass on all other runs at night(if I can) unless It is getting late in the week and I have not worked much.

Tell ya what guys, I made the decision in the late 90's when I broke my leg really bad to get debt free.....

Alot of the guys always say I am well off, Yes I am well off because 15 people aren't holding their hand out for my paycheck every week regardless if it's a big check or a small one. When you are debt free YOU control your financial future, when you are up to your *** in debt.... somebody else does.

When I define debt free I mean.

Mortgage no more than 1 full paycheck net a month
You carry no credit card balance
You have no car payments.

All you basically pay is utilities and food....

Don't hate me for being debt free, don't hate me because I CONTROL where my money goes....
I challenge you to improve you life drastically by getting debt free.
I want you to improve your life and lower your stress by being debt free.
It slow here too, but I have to work about 8 full days a month give or take a couple at Fedex Freight to cover my bills.

If the job ended tomorrow, God Bless them, I will make it.... I can make enough flipping burgers a month to pay my bills if I had to and I would flip burgers to take care of my family.

You ready to go in the right direction?

See this guy
Real Debt Help - Get out of debt with Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover Plan.

Very good advice. I like Dave.