TForce | How many transfered

I believe we had plenty of work for our staffing levels prior to the purchase.It has been since the purchase that we started hiring folks and it appears that we are not as busy. When in reality we are not any slower,just more drivers to try and work the same amount of freight.But we all know it is gonna get better just hold on because when it breaks loose we are all going to be working more than we want too, and then we will be complaining about to many hours. Funny Huh?

krash said:
But have some drivers had to transfer to other locations to work?

Yes Krash, this isn't recent but if you look back at a thread I started titled forced transfers out west here two of the ex-Motor Cargo terminals had to force a total of 20 drivers over to Fontana. This was 2 1/2 months ago.

I don't know if this is what you meant, if not disregard.

Yes, that is. Also talked to a slpr drvr who was outta NY who originally worked at another loaction. Said they told him he should be able to go back to that location once frieght picked up

There were 6 drivers that were forced to transfer to FON from LAX and I voluntered for a total of 7 from LAX.

A month ago there was a notice posted at the dispatch window in FON stating that 7 drivers were needed back at LAX. Then a week later it was taken down and no one was allowed to transfer back. I asked again about it a week ago and the person that I asked (management) said that the decision was indefinite.

I can't get an answer from any one I talked to whether they hired off the street or not. Or they ran the freight to another terminal.

krash said:
Yes, that is. Also talked to a slpr drvr who was outta NY who originally worked at another loaction. Said they told him he should be able to go back to that location once frieght picked up
I run out of NBR. What that driver told you does not sound right. Anybody that transfered was at there own will. I should know I transfered.

Well, if your givin the choice of layoff or transfer, isnt that essentially forcing them to go? Not trying to sound sarcastic, just that a choice isnt allways a choice.

krash said:
Well, if your givin the choice of layoff or transfer, isnt that essentially forcing them to go? Not trying to sound sarcastic, just that a choice isnt allways a choice.

If you want too work they are....

webidiot said:
will anyone at O who knows what their doing please stand up and take control of this fiasco.
Webby, I do not want anyone at the old "O" to take control. Thats why we are where we are now. Out of control!! Control will come on the voted in contract.

krash said:
Let's just say there's more to the story. I know the two sleeper drivers that were effected. One is a stand up guy and the other is the mouth of the south. And only been here a minute.