FedEx Freight | How much faith do you have in your coworkers when it comes time to bargain?

Let's clarify this little subject.....The union never has access to your paycheck. You can pay your dues in numerous ways....mail a check, go to the hall and pay in person, or the payroll dept at your employer can make a payroll deduction and wire transfer the money on your behalf. The union never gets your account number and there is NO mandatory auto deduction from your checking or savings. STOP WITH THESE STUPID "FALSE TRUTHS". If you anti-union guys would just take a minute to talk to a UPSF or ABF driver with an open mind you might find out some of the scary union tactics you believe in just aren't true.

Actually, the US Supreme court says no one has to pay dues. Recent ruling...very interesting. Lower courts now starting to say that you can't be forced to join the union...all 50 states becoming right to work states???

Actually, the US Supreme court says no one has to pay dues. Recent ruling...very interesting. Lower courts now starting to say that you can't be forced to join the union...all 50 states becoming right to work states???
Nobody is forced to join a union anyway

That's got nothing to do with YOUR original post. Stop redirecting when your wrong. You can say--"oh i didn't realize that"--or maybe "my bad, all these years I just assumed because........". Sometimes its ok to admit you are wrong. If we are going to have an honest discussion about the future of OUR company then LETS BE HONEST AND STOP WITH THE BULL%$&^ KNOW-IT-ALL crap. I don't care where your from, if you have your name on the door of "your" truck, or if you and Fred Smith sip whiskey together on Sundays. All the guys against the union are always pointing out how dishonest and what a bunch of cheats they are, yet you guys are repeatedly posting incorrect information......ITS THE SAME THING!!!! YOUR DOING THE SAME THING!!! Why can't you guys put aside what the company has put in your heads for all these years, sit down and hear everything out from both sides, and FORM YOUR OWN EDUCATED OPINION. If your still not for it then that is respectable but stopping schilling the union busting misnomers. It really drives your credibility down the crapper.

That all it takes? Just clicking yes/no?
I can train my Boxer to do that. Problem is, my Boxer cant negotiate insurance, pay, and benefits.
So, what your saying, is that you want sheep to blindly follow the "UNION YES!" crowd regardless?
Nice.

With that mentality, your going to have a flock of spineless goons , that will vote us a pay reduction.

Try a little harder. Like it or not, your coworkers are representative of the voting public.
Hows that been going?

Alright then.

Call me crazy, but id rather have a group of informed, logical and intelligent people standing with me.

Im not as easily swayed to your side just because our raise was weak.
Im not against Union, but im not blindly going along with the crowd because its the hip thing this month. I need some solid convincing, not empty, internet chest thumping.
If you think any one of us is going to be directly involved in negotiating anything, I think you'll be disappointed.
While we might all be asked what is important to us and to rank things by importance, that is most likely the extent of our participation in negotiations.

So indeed, it is a matter of voting yes or no.
As others have said, some people will vote and some won't. It is our job to make sure people understand what they are voting for.
Sorry if I just popped your bubble and let your ego out.

[QUOTE=Richard Cranium;
Darn.....Wish I'd said that. . Funny....

If you think any one of us is going to be directly involved in negotiating anything, I think you'll be disappointed.
While we might all be asked what is important to us and to rank things by importance, that is most likely the extent of our participation in negotiations.

So indeed, it is a matter of voting yes or no.
As others have said, some people will vote and some won't. It is our job to make sure people understand what they are voting for.

That was a GREAT comeback!!!!!:LMAO:

That's got nothing to do with YOUR original post. Stop redirecting when your wrong. You can say--"oh i didn't realize that"--or maybe "my bad, all these years I just assumed because........". Sometimes its ok to admit you are wrong. If we are going to have an honest discussion about the future of OUR company then LETS BE HONEST AND STOP WITH THE BULL%$&^ KNOW-IT-ALL crap. I don't care where your from, if you have your name on the door of "your" truck, or if you and Fred Smith sip whiskey together on Sundays. All the guys against the union are always pointing out how dishonest and what a bunch of cheats they are, yet you guys are repeatedly posting incorrect information......ITS THE SAME THING!!!! YOUR DOING THE SAME THING!!! Why can't you guys put aside what the company has put in your heads for all these years, sit down and hear everything out from both sides, and FORM YOUR OWN EDUCATED OPINION. If your still not for it then that is respectable but stopping schilling the union busting misnomers. It really drives your credibility down the crapper.

I'm always wrong....just ask my wife:nono_h4h:

I have lots of faith in the negotiating team. Even if I didn't have any faith in them it would be more than I have in fedex to do the right thing. The negotiating team along with the teamsters locals will do an awesome job. Anything better than what we have now is a step in the right direction.