XPO | How to retire a dinosaur tractor.

HoosierWarParty

TB Lurker
Credits
This info was passed on to me and i feel like sharing. Ever wondered what that raw taste is in the back of your throat when you return from linehaul driving a 1998 450 miles? That is carbon monoxide. Go down to your local auto parts dealer and purchase a carbon monoxide detector and see how much you are swallowing everyday.
For your reading pleasure please check out this link.
http://www.osha.gov/OshDoc/data_General_Facts/carbonmonoxide-factsheet.pdf

This info was passed on to me and i feel like sharing. Ever wondered what that raw taste is in the back of your throat when you return from linehaul driving a 1998 450 miles? That is carbon monoxide. Go down to your local auto parts dealer and purchase a carbon monoxide detector and see how much you are swallowing everyday.

Screw that!!!...just use C4!!!

Rat :loser:

WOW ... you guys are talking about laying pipe ...

But this really makes me wonder how much some guys are digesting. C4 is a good idea but there has to be a certain ratio to where it is very unhealthy to breathe this in.

We talked about that, driver...you agreed...pipe dream, not pipe bomb...

Oh yeah...thats what I meant...definitely pipe dream...yeah thats what I meant..sure did!!!

WHEW!!!!

Knock at the door??!!!

Damn!!...its the FBI...quick!!!..flush the toilet!!

I'm just too funny for my own good!!!!

Thank you Hoosier.

To report, call 1-800-321-OSHA (6742)

This is a good number to keep close by.

I can hear it now: Driver tells SCM I dont feel well and I got very sleepy on return trip I might have CO2 poisioning. SCM reply: Roll your window down and let fresh air in.Sorry that you have no heat and it's -20.(no offense boxboss,this is something my SCM would say)

the new game plan from our so-called managers. just send all your trucks to texas. we run enough miles every day. we don't need a/c. we are tuff down here. who cares how stupid our company leaders are when they send ccx trucks, w/o a/c to texas. we are getting our new trucks from ccx today. i see alot of time in the truckstop cooling off going and coming to the fac

If there are drivers willing to drive the type
of equipment described here , under the conditions described here , why would CNW , NOT
PROVIDE said equipment ?

Just4Thought

as i or we walk out to hook at reship and our eyes water from all the raw fuel in the air a(* we are a green as the press reless relese says*) ( im using 10 m0re gallons a day ) in my 97.......NO HEAT TO MY FEET...... workman comp pay for sickness due to it ......

I can hear it now: Driver tells SCM I dont feel well and I got very sleepy on return trip I might have CO2 poisioning. SCM reply: Roll your window down and let fresh air in.Sorry that you have no heat and it's -20.(no offense boxboss,this is something my SCM would say)

And this is where we fail...

This is where we have lost our momentum and killed the moral of thousands of people...

The start was Black Friday...The BS company release didn't state that we terminated 20+ year people just because they could get someone else to do it for less money!

They simply stated it affected 'X' people...to 2003 business levels...

Guess what...some of those affected had been with Con-Way years before any 2003 business levels...

These dedicated members of Con-Way counted on this company to provide employment until they retired...Con-Way simply screwed them and their families for the almighty buck!

And lets dispense with the mindset "its all about the freight" or "we are doing this to assure the survivability of the company".

This is all about greed!!!

Money...money...money for those who have more money than you or I ever dreamed of having.

More importantly...it is about job security! Not for you and I but for the President of Con-Way and his minions. Keep the major stockholders happy and I get to keep my job!

Hands down John L. is the worst President Con-Way has ever had in its history. You have lost your option days...you have lost your sick days (maybe not under John but he still obviously supports the edict!) you are now all thieves and lars so if you don't give 24 hours notice to Con-Way (thanks Bruce M.!) it is an unexcused absence...

And whatever the hell happened to the monthly 'state of the company' videos...hell!!...these people don't even think you are worth that anymore!!!

You are now driving junk...Sh*t pulled off the fence that is not even roadworthy...and certainly not driver worthy.

Con-Way has proven to me and others that they do not give a damn about you or your safety...there is some idiot named Ken @ the LH dept who now makes the decisions as to what road service you are or are not going to recieve...some kid in a cubicle making life and death decisions for you and your family and those of the motoring public...guaranteed he has never been in a truck and has no idea what takes to do what we do!

You have been relegated to a necessary expense....period...and they think we are all cheaters and losers!!!!

Con-Way will survive...but at what expense...people in the biz will want nothing to do with us...and who can blame them?

The current philosophy is 'kick the sh*t outta them' when it suits our need for greed!!!!

Rat:loser:

No offense taken...besides, I would have told them to roll both windows down because it was 72 and beautiful outside..

No offense taken...besides, I would have told them to roll both windows down because it was 72 and beautiful outside..

Hell!!!...72 degrees I would have been along side of the road taking a nap under a tree!!!...what a minute...wait...wait...oh yeah that would be delaying freight...nevermind!!!!

Hell!!!...72 degrees I would have been along side of the road taking a nap under a tree!!!...what a minute...wait...wait...oh yeah that would be delaying freight...nevermind!!!!

Yeah, I gotta stop doing that to my midwestern brothers here, but it's just so hard to stop bragging...Later in the year when I have no water and the lakes are all dry, your turn will come...

:Flame-On:i got twenty years one million miles and counting and a junk tractor that says con-way on it and they want me to feel good that i work for them bull **** cant wait for the first dot check

Yeah, I gotta stop doing that to my midwestern brothers here, but it's just so hard to stop bragging...Later in the year when I have no water and the lakes are all dry, your turn will come...

:hide: How about when the BIG ONE happens, and a certain state is floating around in the Pacific? :smilie_132:

At UPSF we were still driving 1994-1995's.
In a business standpoint, it made sense to squeeze every ounce out of it.
Like eating a Hotwing. Suck everything off the bone even the bone marrow.

Some kept on going like the energizer bunny but the newer emissions standards set forth just killed them off like the old dinosaurs of yesteryear.

Either meet the stricter emissions law by retrofitting Catalytic convertors or bid them a fond farewell.
I believe we got an extension but that's now running out and we opted to bid them a fond fare well.