XPO | How to retire a dinosaur tractor.

At UPSF we were still driving 1994-1995's.
In a business standpoint, it made sense to squeeze every ounce out of it.
Like eating a Hotwing. Suck everything off the bone even the bone marrow.

Some kept on going like the energizer bunny but the newer emissions standards set forth just killed them off like the old dinosaurs of yesteryear.

Either meet the stricter emissions law by retrofitting Catalytic convertors or bid them a fond farewell.
I believe we got an extension but that's now running out and we opted to bid them a fond fare well.

What's the bone marrow taste like..??

What's the bone marrow taste like..??

I played steal the bone away from my dog while acting like a dog, she loved the marrow. I barked loud, she backed off, I grabbed the bone with my mouth and I accidentally tasted it. It's bland, slimy and a bit gritty.

Almost like going into your garden lifting a rock up and slurping up one of them leeches, soil and all. (boy that almost made me puke)

I played steal the bone away from my dog while acting like a dog, she loved the marrow. I barked loud, she backed off, I grabbed the bone with my mouth and I accidentally tasted it. It's bland, slimy and a bit gritty.

Almost like going into your garden lifting a rock up and slurping up one of them leeches, soil and all. (boy that almost made me puke)

I bet it would go well with a nice Conway BBQ sauce.

I was sure he was going to say "Tastes like chicken"....wrecked the whole thing for me...
:biglaugh: Some times I don't get the lead in to supply the right punch line. sorry.
Oh yah! You are 100% correct. It does taste like chicken. :hide:

:biglaugh: Some times I don't get the lead in to supply the right punch line. sorry.
Oh yah! You are 100% correct. It does taste like chicken. :hide:

Timing is everything...once it's past, you just have to wait for the next opportunity to come around..

Soon as you mentioned slimy, I tuned out...I am not a "gutty" type consumer..

:furious:it would not be so bad but they dont fix them seats are junk they dont steer right no pride they dont take care of me well you know the rest of the story oh and i also have one that exhaust comes into the cab

:furious:it would not be so bad but they dont fix them seats are junk they dont steer right no pride they dont take care of me well you know the rest of the story oh and i also have one that exhaust comes into the cab

Red tagging equipment is hard for a lot of drivers to do. They know there as usally a shortage of equipment, It goes against being a team player, and they don't want to appear difficult to their supervisors.

Supervisors know this and they also know not to tell you to not red tag equipment as there is a lot of liability associated with malfeasance by omission. Our industry has been instilled with a legal duty to protect the public from ourselves. In other words, demonstrate neglect by dispatching equipment that should have been placed Out Of Service and you cause major financial exposure to not only the company, but to your self, as well.

And there are many supervisors that are willing to take those chances that nothing will happen after such a dispatch. Just get the job done no matter whose butt they put in a sling.

We also know that after a drivers reaction time is compromised after breathing exhaust fumes that any accident he causes will be deemed as chargeable.

want to know the criteria for retirement?

if a truck has a 1.2 mil miles 3000 or more in repairs
a cool mill i believe its 4500 in repairs
and so on down the line so feel free to report all of the deficiences with your turck and we will fix them as fast as possible. if you run to xgh see me i will be happy to assist in repair and ordering parts as long as your a regular visitor to our wonderful facility, and don't have a shop of your own to call home. i get paid to fix things and i'd much rather take care of a truck for a driver than go out and find a trailer or dolly to fix.