FedEx Freight | Hows your Equipment?

Snaponfan1

snaponfan1
Credits
We've replaced I think seven X15's in the last 6 months. We just had 2 more go down for replacementl this week. Of course, quite some time ago they switched to 10w-30, (just a side note) how's your equipment?

We've replaced I think seven X15's in the last 6 months. We just had 2 more go down for replacementl this week. Of course, quite some time ago they switched to 10w-30, (just a side note) how's your equipment?
Junk and getting worse by the day.

Mileage creeps up on the trucks with no end in sight, rust eats away at everything else.

We're currently using our X3xxx and X5xxx series vans for linehaul.

Mileage creeps up on the trucks with no end in sight, rust eats away at everything else.

That's crazy ... The only time I've seen anything lower than X8, it was used for storage.

That's crazy ... The only time I've seen anything lower than X8, it was used for storage.
We were still using our G series 48s in the city when I first started. Cracked frames and all.

We still have a XWxxx van thats currently a storage trailer that we used when I first started too.

We have several units tore down for in-frames or head replacements. Not sure what’s causing all the blown head gaskets here lately. I’m sure I could speculate… but I won’t.

It's gotta be the drivers, us old folks never had those problems. :poke:
Right? lol

Hard to blame the drivers anymore with the way these trucks are flashed to run. Short of running it low on oil or overheating it I don’t see a reason for 8-10 trucks in our fleet the last 6 months needing heads or transmissions replaced with less than 500k miles. I’m not exaggerating.

They’ve been having tons of problems with the 12 speed automatics in the Kenworth and Pete tractors.

Would that be called a zipper tie fix?
Redneck Road Service Repair....

ultimate-redneck-repair-kit-wd-40-3-oz-handy-can-and-6-yards-of-duct-tape--1.webp

and zip ties.... 🤣

Wow that’s crazy. Our center is about same , the problem at our center is most drivers really don’t know if tractor or trailer needs serviced or repaired. No Chit sad but true when you use their bid tractor when they are off and no other equipment to be had it’s a disaster so many things wrong with it you need a notebook to write down all the things wrong . Asked one of the drivers why they didn’t write it up months ago response was hold on they didn’t want to get a junk shop spare lmao. And not to say it’s younger drivers but at our center it is a huge problem they just don’t get it . Professional drivers are becoming extinct at Fedx at our center no pride at all

Wow that’s crazy. Our center is about same , the problem at our center is most drivers really don’t know if tractor or trailer needs serviced or repaired. No Chit sad but true when you use their bid tractor when they are off and no other equipment to be had it’s a disaster so many things wrong with it you need a notebook to write down all the things wrong . Asked one of the drivers why they didn’t write it up months ago response was hold on they didn’t want to get a junk shop spare lmao. And not to say it’s younger drivers but at our center it is a huge problem they just don’t get it . Professional drivers are becoming extinct at Fedx at our center no pride at all
Oh there's "PRIDE" at FedEx. It's just not in your work, service product, or equipment.