R&L | Hunting and Fishing

I think you guys are pointing your anger at the wrong person. I've seen other companies frt they handle and we really don't have it THAT bad. I'm sure frtgal is not the rep for car lifts yes they suck so does rush hour traffic its part of the job.

I'd love it if every pallet measured just as SB put it however it ain't ever gunna happen.

I think just by looking at the origin terminals on some of our bills some salespeople are better that others.

70% of the frt I pickup is collect. Hard to get more out of a customer when our rep won't stop in to see them and get them an account huh...

I think we could be much more aggressive on sales in our area not sure why we are not.

Forgive my skepticism here but you being a salesman, and a female, almost makes it a lock cinch that you've never drove a truck before.

Now having said that, what the hell could you possibly know about what constitutes "ugly freight"? You don't even know what a 2000 lb carlift looks like, do you?

Here's a couple more for you.

1) How much ground clearance is necessary to get a pallet jack under something to move it?

2) What is the outside dimension of our standard-issue pallet jack forks?

3) What is the inside dimension of our standard-issue pallet jack forks?

4)How long are our standard-issue pallet jack forks?

5) How big are our liftgates?

Answers...

1) 3 inches. That's for the stupider salesmen who insist on finding us freight shipped on those low-profile skids.

2) 27 inches. That's for you idiots who insist on finding us those narrow skids.

3) 13 inches. That's for the dumbasses who keep getting us freight on those skids with 4 stringers in them instead of 3. Hello?!? We can't do a damn thing with those beyond breaking it down.

4) 4 feet. That's for you rejects who keep finding us that long stuff, you know, the skids that weigh about 1000 lbs and are 12 feet long.

Now think about the physics of that, lady. With 4 feet of pallet jack you'll only lift one end of something that size and you still won't be able to move it.

5) 5 feet by 7'6". That's for you morons who insist on finding us those 1000 lb crates that measure about 8 foot square, going to Joe Residence in Jerkwater, anystate. And, of course, QWE Logistics would be the broker, so it would say "do not hold freight for any reason".

Pardon my seemingly condescending tone here, but I do regard salesmen with some degree of contempt. The reason for this is that you people, due to your responsibility to the company, are primarily to blame for making my job harder than necessary. Rubberduck's post has some fine examples of that.

Now, I don't expect you to be a physics major. Hell, a lot our so-called drivers would look at you like you're from Mars if you asked them any of thse questions. But I do expect at least a modicum of common sense to be used by those who have the most capacity for affecting the quality of my workday.
You put a smile on my face with that post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:1036316054:

most of the junk freight is from brokers,not sales reps. being able to get pallet jack under pallet is the responsibility of the loader,I tell them to just assume no place I deliver to has a dock or a forklift.2,000 pound car lifts are easy if you bring the right tools with you and a little bit of smarts.As far as sales reps they suck. Had 2 businesses ask to meet with rep in the same day,both ship a good deal of freight and both were first time deliveries for me. Told rep two days after meeting potential new customers and he showed up there 6 weeks later,this was back in January and I've never delivered anymore or picked up from either one of them. Give drivers more incentive to hunt and fish and I could get both accounts. I have one family run business daily pick-up and they say they like R&L because of my attitude.I'm not looking for accounts because I have enough to do already and non existent rep made me look like a fool.throw something extra to the drivers and business will really pick up, we are the real sales reps!!!!!

most of the junk freight is from brokers,not sales reps. being able to get pallet jack under pallet is the responsibility of the loader,I tell them to just assume no place I deliver to has a dock or a forklift.2,000 pound car lifts are easy if you bring the right tools with you and a little bit of smarts.As far as sales reps they suck. Had 2 businesses ask to meet with rep in the same day,both ship a good deal of freight and both were first time deliveries for me. Told rep two days after meeting potential new customers and he showed up there 6 weeks later,this was back in January and I've never delivered anymore or picked up from either one of them. Give drivers more incentive to hunt and fish and I could get both accounts. I have one family run business daily pick-up and they say they like R&L because of my attitude.I'm not looking for accounts because I have enough to do already and non existent rep made me look like a fool.throw something extra to the drivers and business will really pick up, we are the real sales reps!!!!!

SEEMS LIKE YOU KNOW EVERYTHING!!!!!:hysterical: