TForce | I-40 Crash in NC

gilwer

TB Lurker
Credits
I heard last night that one of our Drivers was kill in a crash last night on I 40 in NC. Around the 273 mm . Suppose to be out of Kinston. I checked the Raliegh news but see nothing.
If anyone knows anything or can find something about this please post.
The name I have is someone I have known a long time and hope this is not true.
Thanks for your help and please pray that I am wrong.

Big hammer

I wished it wasn't so but it is, he was killed. I worked with BIG HAMMER out of Kinston, he is the one that got me the job at overnite 15 years ago. He was a wonderful person, a very good man, a very good Christian man. I highly respected BIG HAMMER. I also grew with his son. He was a good father and loving husband. And so much fun to be around never a dull moment, he used to get amused so easy. I'm still don't believe it happened. Theres alot I what to say about him but I'm at a lose for words upon what has happened. I never met anyone who didn't like BIG HAMMER. He was someone to look up to. The one thing that comforts me is that he was right with GOD and is with him now. I"ll always love him and miss him.

I don't know if this is what your looking for, but this is all I found, without knowing the guys name.
But this sounds like it could be what your looking for.

ORANGE COUNTY (WTVD) -- An accident involving two trucks on I-40 claimed the life of a 62-year-old man.
North Carolina State Highway Patrol Troopers tell Eyewitness News that one truck struck the other in the rear, causing both trucks to roll off the road on Interstate 40 near mile marker 263.
The accident happened after 11 p.m. Friday night just outside Hillsborough. Crews were on the scene for hours trying to clean up the accident.
Troopers say Robert Earl Bizzell was ejected from his truck because he was not wearing his seat belt.
Story continues belowAdvertisementThe other truck driver was hurt, but his injuries are not considered lofe threatening.
Troopers are not sure what caused the accident, but say that speed, weather and alcohol, so far, are not factors, but that the investigation into the accident is ongoing.
Troopers also say charges are pending. No other vehicles were involved.

(Copyright ©2009 WTVD-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

I have worked with Robert for many years out of the Kinston Terminal. He will surely be missed. He was one of the safest drivers I know. I can not hardly believe that Robert was not wearing his seat belt as the Trooper stated. Robert was always one to follow all rules and regulations. His family will be in my prayers.

Regarding Big Hammer and seatbelts

I have known Big Hammer for at least 10 years and could not have known a more kind, considerate,gentleman. Robert always seemed happy. He neverhad a bad word to say about anyone. He was always smiling and always made a point to speak to you when he saw you, even if you didn't see him. In regards to the seatbelt issue,our TM told me that Robert WAS wearing his belt but the impact of the crash was so hard that the belt broke and Robert was ejected form the cab.

When we all get in our trucks on monday or tuesday, have a moment of silence and say a prayer for him. Be SAFE out there! God Bless us all!