R&L | I Have Had Enough !!!!! I"m Outta Here !

Unions are best suited for those who don't like to work. That's what I see from the people I know that are in them.
A couple people I know which I wouldn't call friends are in one. They think it's great since they take off all the time, come in late, etc. The union job keeps them around. Although when it starts to get slow and business drops off slightly they are sitting at home waiting for work. Then all of a sudden the union sucks? What's the deal?

Unions are best suited for those who don't like to work. That's what I see from the people I know that are in them.
A couple people I know which I wouldn't call friends are in one. They think it's great since they take off all the time, come in late, etc. The union job keeps them around. Although when it starts to get slow and business drops off slightly they are sitting at home waiting for work. Then all of a sudden the union sucks? What's the deal?

What a great post... You hit the nail right on the head...A lot of union members act as though they are entitled to something...Reminds me of Welfare recipients...

What a great post... You hit the nail right on the head...A lot of union members act as though they are entitled to something...Reminds me of Welfare recipients...

I love it at least i'm not the only one to think that.I was in 2 diff unions,well you know how that story goes:1036316054:

no overtime I couldn't live on 65000.00 a year either what a joke
Thats good money. How many hours was that for????? Nothing against you or anyone else but answer this question, When your up in age will you still run like you do now????????? I know what its like to run the city and it isn't easy ecspecially with R&L's freight. I'll be unemployed before i move freight in the city again. It'll make you old fast. The money isn't worth it for all the hours a driver puts in.. OT in the city might draw me back :biglaugh:!!!!!!!!
Lets see i averaged 57 hours a week thats some extra change:1036316054:...........

I agree rubber duck,when you let the pace get set For You then there is no way to slow it down, it's just faster , faster , faster.. It's amazing watching guys wear out their shoes pacing the floor ,waiting for you to finish your paprwork, so they can get to their next stop. Have something go wrong though and all of a sudden you're not their hero anymore,will they pay that ticket for you or forget about the accident you might have.?? Guys ,please, YOU set the pace not management.!! remember that the picture on that drivers license is yours, you can't blame your super for anything you get on it!! Your next employer won't care that you went down the restricted road and got a fine because you were trying to help save the company the extra five mile detour.

I agree rubber duck,when you let the pace get set For You then there is no way to slow it down, it's just faster , faster , faster.. It's amazing watching guys wear out their shoes pacing the floor ,waiting for you to finish your paprwork, so they can get to their next stop. Have something go wrong though and all of a sudden you're not their hero anymore,will they pay that ticket for you or forget about the accident you might have.?? Guys ,please, YOU set the pace not management.!! remember that the picture on that drivers license is yours, you can't blame your super for anything you get on it!! Your next employer won't care that you went down the restricted road and got a fine because you were trying to help save the company the extra five mile detour.
Great post!!!!!! I would also like to add, i've got better things to do than work 50-60 hrs a week!!!!! :1036316054:

hey santa do you wait til christmas to to see if big green is going to give you a bonus.here at holland we dont have a wish list. santa brings us a gift every year its called a pension its a 13000 a year gift. thank you TEAMSTERS.
13k a year, Is that your money? no.can you spend it now? no. sounds like you got NOTHING LOL LOL:hysterical::hysterical:

I made 90k last year and I am home every day and most of all I don't have to kiss the Robert's family rear end for my job
Good for you :biglaugh: I'm home every night to and make 75 a year and don't kiss The Roberts rear i do my job and go home . So you enjoy your Hell and I'll enjoy mine

We need a pay raise as an industry. We've lagged behind all other skilled trades. Carpenters,roofers,pipe-fitters,you name the trade they've passed us by in terms of base salary for master level tradesman.Anyone that doesnt think what we do takes skill doesnt know what it is we do.

A good portion of these trades are iether union or contractor, Trucking has lost the union scince deregulation, and until they gain some ground in the industry again, things will stay the same ,essentially in limbo.

I am not promoting the union in this forum, but speaking mearly the truth. No regulation means, lower wages and bennies in comparison to the trades you have mentioned.:smilie_132:

That' right. You can't cash in enough atta boys to cover an aw $#!t.

I am going to find someplace else to work!!!! Some on these boards have convinced me that R&L is screwing us....R&L drivers receive substandard pay,and I have to provide my own pallet jack.... I will only make $65000.00 this year, who can live on that ??? Than dang pallet jack cost me $75.00 4 years ago, HOW IS THAT FAIR ???? I only get 3 weeks of vacation, and next year I will only get 4weeks. I am going to go ahead and stay at the Daytona Resort next month with my family before I quit. I am sure that by staying there for FREE, that somehow R&L is screwing me... Oh yeah, when I stayed at the resort in Fort Meyers, FL last year for FREE, they screwed me then also... I guess that since I am treated decent, that really, I am getting screwed and just don't know it... I wonder if ABF is hiring, maybe just maybe they would hire me and then I could work for a quality outfit with superior wages and benefits....$23.47 just is substandard...Man, how could I have been so stupid all these years working for the Roberts ? All these years I thought they were good people to work for... I have been mislead...Thanks to all the drivers who have helped straiten me out...:hysterical:

How's that overtime working for ya! :BlahBlah:

I'll say this about R&L, they paid me good! I was making $1600.00 per week running teams from Los Angeles to Albuquerque. The trucks were complete junk and they didn't even detail it for us. We had to clean it ourselves! I worked Sunday night through Friday night but man they ran us hard. No time for shower or anything else. It was darn near impossible to make it to albuquerque in the 12 hours they wanted us to. We tried running straight through once and couldn't do it in under 14 hours. It was due to the equipment, trucks couldn't pull a hill for crap. I ended up having back surgery so I had to quit but they did seem kind of shady and unorganized.

Shady they are not.... unorganized... yes very much so!!! its becasue they put people in charge that should be flipping burgers at a fast food chain. This is why you shouldnt hire inlaws... especially the cartoon character (Sponge Bob) that works out of Newark, NJ.