SEFL | I heard SEFL may be setting up a terminal in Lubbock Tx?

I heard today from my SCM that SEFL bought 7 of Yellow's terminals across the country and are leasing it to Yellow. They seem to be selling a lot of their assets in order to stay afloat. Also confirmed that TWO of those terminals are Lubbock and Amarillo. :-)

SEFL bought 9 terminals total, including 116 door Miami, FL facility, Little Rock, Ft Smith, Oklahoma City, & 5 TX.

It's good to see they have the money for future endeavers. I have not heard anything from management about these purchases. It makes me wonder if they really don't want us to know about this being we are not getting a wage increase this year.

It's good to see they have the money for future endeavers. I have not heard anything from management about these purchases. It makes me wonder if they really don't want us to know about this being we are not getting a wage increase this year.

no sabres....ask your tm....he will tell you...its not a secret....its a great move for us.....

No secrets. The economy is not going to improve anytime soon, nor is the health of the largest carrier. SEFL is always looking long term for the benefit of the employees. This purchase was smart, just like the pre-buy of the tractors 3 years ago. When you hear something, ask your T.M., they will give you the straight answer.

you are right, sometimes i wonder if i am working for 2 different companys.

No secrets. The economy is not going to improve anytime soon, nor is the health of the largest carrier. SEFL is always looking long term for the benefit of the employees. This purchase was smart, just like the pre-buy of the tractors 3 years ago. When you hear something, ask your T.M., they will give you the straight answer.

they soon got to buy new road units alot of them are getting high miles and staying wore out. sometimes i feel ashamed to pull some of these raggdy trailers.

I think it's a smart move to get real estate in places where there is none left to buy. I'm just looking down the road to next year. I would hate to see our benefits go up and not even get a cola to even it out. Rotation at our barn has been good for the last couple of months but I have not worked a complete 40 hour week in months. I'm very happy to have a job and be at a place that does not layoff. I'm fortunate that my wife makes a good salary at her job. I'm just thinking if they have enough to buy all this real estate then I for one would be upset if our health insurance goes up at the first of the year. We all have made sacrifices to help sefl out during this downturn I would find it tired to hear them say their broke and have to pass the cost on to us. Just my thoughts.

sabres...try and not worry needlessly....we are with the best ltl carrier out there....i am glad i am here and no where else....i believe mr c has and will do everything he can for us...try to think positive....