FedEx Freight | I Want To Sign A Union Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Streaker69

The Influencer
Credits
I'm kind of tired of management in my barn and their double talk. A lot of us (people in my building drivers and dock workers) are. I know a lot of the guys on this site are too.

I went to the teamsters website and I was reading up on their version of what they do. The idea of our health insurance not getting worse and our wages remaining competitive sounds good to me.

I understand that we have been down this road before and that a lot of you posters are mad about what happened the first time this was attempted, but with some new blood in these buildings, things might be different.

My first question is, what do you guys think and what's your opinion of the teamsters package division?

They can read it, but I don't care much about what they have to say. How many cards would I need to get signed to bring a vote in my barn? What's a good estimate? My barn has about 70 city drivers and about 70 or 80 road drivers and 60 full-time dock workers.

They can read it, but I don't care much about what they have to say. How many cards would I need to get signed to bring a vote in my barn? What's a good estimate? My barn has about 70 city drivers and about 70 or 80 road drivers and 60 full-time dock workers.

This horse has been beaten to death, if it were me, I’d just go to UPS.

They have the best version of what the union can be, if you were able to unionize your center or the entire company, it will never be the gig they currently have.

This horse has been beaten to death, if it were me, I’d just go to UPS.

They have the best version of what the union can be, if you were able to unionize your center or the entire company, it will never be the gig they currently have.

But would you sign the card?

UPS has a great Union, and I don't expect us to build what they have over night, but there's no reason we wouldn't be able to.

I'm sick of supervisors pointing to the book when it's convenient and forgetting about it when it's not. I'm tired of bidding every 6 weeks because.....I don't know why we bid every 6 weeks, but that's what it is. I'm tired of the preferential treatment and the retaliation for speaking up. That ethics line is a joke and we all know it. We have no way to push back against the powers that be and it's getting really old really fast.

One of my Teamsters correct me if I'm wrong please , 51% , a good 51% not just talkers.

I'm sick of supervisors pointing to the book when it's convenient and forgetting about it when it's not. I'm tired of bidding every 6 weeks because.....I don't know why we bid every 6 weeks, but that's what it is. I'm tired of the preferential treatment and the retaliation for speaking up. That ethics line is a joke and we all know it. We have no way to push back against the powers that be and it's getting really old really fast.

Yep my TM LOVES grocery , hand unload , bring backs and trashed loads & inner city runs , problem customers...
Put Smoke's name on it.:33:

We have a facility that is union. How's that working out for them?

I don't know, do you? How much do we know about Stockton? What Union do they have? How are grievances handled? How does management act?

I'm not swallowing the purple pill and taking what FedEx says at face value. If we're bringing that barn into the conversation, we should speak to somebody in that barn. Otherwise, it's irrelevant.

I don't know, do you? How much do we know about Stockton? What Union do they have? How are grievances handled? How does management act?

I'm not swallowing the purple pill and taking what FedEx says at face value. If we're bringing that barn into the conversation, we should speak to somebody in that barn. Otherwise, it's irrelevant.
They're still negotiating a contract. That's been going on for several years now. Hardly "irrelevant".

As a driver who's worked for both I'd say that a union isn't necessarily needed.
The problem is with the rules not being black and white.
I realize that some of the success of the nonunion lines lies with them having more flexibility with the operation.
Having said that there is no reason to constantly disregard seniority and rules as well as past practices.
The success of a good workforce is to go by seniority.
Their is absolutely no one who can argue that point.
The moral would probably go through the roof if they could understand that.
The talk of a union would probably never be heard either.

As a driver who's worked for both I'd say that a union isn't necessarily needed.
The problem is with the rules not being black and white.
I realize that some of the success of the nonunion lines lies with them having more flexibility with the operation.
Having said that there is no reason to constantly disregard seniority and rules as well as past practices.
The success of a good workforce is to go by seniority.
Their is absolutely no one who can argue that point.
The moral would probably go through the roof if they could understand that.
The talk of a union would probably never be heard either.

I understand all of those points and I agree with them. FedEx operates based on favoritism and seniority. I also agree that if things were done right and by the book there would be no need for this conversation, but they're not. If we have issues with somebody wearing a purple shirt, our only option is the ethics line. I can report anonymously and have nothing be done or put my name on it and in addition to nothing being done, I now have a target on my back.

As for the Union talk not being heard, it's only heard if we make it heard. I'm trying to do that now buy asking how people feel about it in my building.

Need multiple cards in the same district. Although teamster are definitely not the union of choice. There has to be a better option.

Let's have that conversation.... Who's the best option? What are we looking for in a Union? What issues are you guys having in your barns that you would like resolved?

Status
Not open for further replies.