FedEx Freight | Ice Road Truckers Tonite at 1000

Ice trucker from last year

Pretty awesome what they do. Would sure be a weird feeling to have the road moving under you . My hats off to these guys.:woot: :1036316054:

I wonder if you feel any real vertical movment until the water is coming up over your rig? Saw another special last year on I believe Discovery Channel. Alaska where the rigs had to make mountain passes and frozen rivers. Ice Roads were created out of laid down water on the frozen tundra/ permafrost, and snow and gravel in the mountains. Going to try to nail down the old program. Takes alot of maintanence and upgrades on those Ice Trucker rigs. Got to be safer than driving a fuel tanker or arms convoy in Iraq.

I wonder if you feel any real vertical movment until the water is coming up over your rig? Saw another special last year on I believe Discovery Channel. Alaska where the rigs had to make mountain passes and frozen rivers. Ice Roads were created out of laid down water on the frozen tundra/ permafrost, and snow and gravel in the mountains. Going to try to nail down the old program. Takes alot of maintanence and upgrades on those Ice Trucker rigs. Got to be safer than driving a fuel tanker or arms convoy in Iraq.
I missed that one last year - the website for this show has a lot of neat little 2 to 3 minute videos on it. As far as safer than Iraq, yeah, you could say that. Those were the roughest roads i think i will ever have to have driven -- until we go to Iran ...

Rob

that show was just on discovery channel last nite about 7pm CDT. you missed it...again....:funky:
ok maybe that wasnt it..it was this one. still interesting show:Jun 18, 8:00 pm

(60 minutes) Oil, Sweat and Rigs
Doyon
TV-PG

Two crews are both racing to get their oil rigs up and running as quickly as possible; In Alaska one crew is driving their rig across the frozen tundra while in the Gulf of Mexico a crack team of derrick builders is struggling to install a new derrick.

Indeed, my Marine buddy is home for 2 weeks from Hadditha Iraq right now - sadly it was because his cousin lost his life to an IED while in Iraq. My area is getting hit hard ... in the last 2 weeks we have lost 4 young guys to Iraq - all lived within 15 miles of each other. Then to top it off the missing pregnant lady lives right here too that you have been hearing about ... NE Ohio is getting it bad right now ... keep those in your prayers ...

Rob

ps - tell your daughter job well done ... i want to go to Afghanistan but my number hasn't been called for that one yet.

My daughter wanted me to thank all of you for the support that you extend to not just to her, but for her fellow soldiers as well. I would like to thank you for doing the same. I appoligise for side tracking the topic.

My daughter wanted me to thank all of you for the support that you extend to not just to her, but for her fellow soldiers as well. I would like to thank you for doing the same. I appoligise for side tracking the topic.
Well, i don't know what Jeff's or Smokes take is on it but when it comes to a sidetrack like this, i don't seem to mind too much and I don't really see anyone else complaining :1036316054:

Rob

Well, i don't know what Jeff's or Smokes take is on it but when it comes to a sidetrack like this, i don't seem to mind too much and I don't really see anyone else complaining :1036316054:

Rob

Rob you know me well enough to know.:1036316054:

give your daughter a big thank you for serving our country you should be a proud pops and tell her to be safe:1036316054:

did anyone else catch the one guy said F.T.E. ? i thought that was cool since i consider my self F.T.E. in the bubba army