XPO | Icp here at last!!!

presto6969

TB Lurker
Credits
I got my ICP ON MY CHECK THIS WEEK. It was only $127.00, but it was better than nothing. Some bigwigs are sitting on some money somewhere.

yeah theres another post on here all the bigwigs got around 1/2 million each in free stock on jan.26 of this year. So i guess conway is not hurting to bad.They got there huge bonues

yeah theres another post on here all the bigwigs got around 1/2 million each in free stock on jan.26 of this year. So i guess conway is not hurting to bad.They got there huge bonues

Yeah...I know what you mean!

Just found out through a LHer that John L. bought Hawaii, Guam, and as an added bonus they threw in Samosa. So there he is basking in the sun making videos, contemplating how to screw the 16 and all the while I am freezing.

Rat :hysterical:

Icp

Ya me to..It would be nice if they would give us targeted bonuses based on terminals performance.My zone made a profit last year for conway, be nice if we saw a reward for that.:furious:

Ya me to..It would be nice if they would give us targeted bonuses based on terminals performance.My zone made a profit last year for conway, be nice if we saw a reward for that.:furious:

How does not having your zone shut down sound. That was probably the next cut if it got worse. Be thankful for what you have gotten.

They didn't have to do it.....

ICP is a fully company paid perk. They are entitled to take any or all fully company paid perks off the table at any time. Your company 401 K contribution, your PTO days, shoot, your company paid insurance are all company funded. So far, and I say so far, they have not messed with any of them as other companies have. We un-retired some older trucks ( hey I have new shoes in the closet but I still wear my old ones 'cause they're not worn out yet) and put capital spending on hold but my income and perks have not been touched. Do I like all the changes? No. But when it comes to what management has and has not done to effect me and mine, I'll say they're doing OK. Press on

ICP is a fully company paid perk. They are entitled to take any or all fully company paid perks off the table at any time. Your company 401 K contribution, your PTO days, shoot, your company paid insurance are all company funded. So far, and I say so far, they have not messed with any of them as other companies have. We un-retired some older trucks ( hey I have new shoes in the closet but I still wear my old ones 'cause they're not worn out yet) and put capital spending on hold but my income and perks have not been touched. Do I like all the changes? No. But when it comes to what management has and has not done to effect me and mine, I'll say they're doing OK. Press on

Then it follows that our wages are also company paid perks.

we will never be happy. they adjust to make one group happy, the other group complains. so, it is no use trying to please everyone. i am not happy with all the changes. i do my best to keep my mouth shut and hope things get better. least i have a job and working everyday

I would say you are correct. Wages are formed by supply and demand, industry standards, cost of living, etc.. but in the long run it's what the company is willing to pay for service rendered. If we could hit a baseball 365 times out of 1000 times we went to bat we'd be millionaires. Press on

I would say you are correct. Wages are formed by supply and demand, industry standards, cost of living, etc.. but in the long run it's what the company is willing to pay for service rendered. If we could hit a baseball 365 times out of 1000 times we went to bat we'd be millionaires. Press on
Depends on who is pitching lol:biglaugh:

They sure as hell are Bigboy!!!

You provide a service that you agreed to do when you hired on. CW said OK...we will provide thus and so. And so far they have lived up to that agreement. There are other companies out there who haven't lived up to what they promised (think FedEX Freight et. al.) Others still have slashed wages big time (Milan has to date taken a 16% wage cut).

CW so far has left everything as it was before the economic downturn. Yes, there have been changes over the years. Change is a constant and always will be. But overall you are still have the best paying LTL job and have the best benefits of any LTL company in the marketplace.

(COUGH!!...HACK!!...COUGH!!..Sorry the Kool-aid went down the wrong pipe!...)

Once again...I crack me up!:rofl2:

Rat :moon2:

They sure as hell are Bigboy!!!

You provide a service that you agreed to do when you hired on. CW said OK...we will provide thus and so. And so far they have lived up to that agreement. There are other companies out there who haven't lived up to what they promised (think FedEX Freight et. al.) Others still have slashed wages big time (Milan has to date taken a 16% wage cut).

CW so far has left everything as it was before the economic downturn. Yes, there have been changes over the years. Change is a constant and always will be. But overall you are still have the best paying LTL job and have the best benefits of any LTL company in the marketplace.

(COUGH!!...HACK!!...COUGH!!..Sorry the Kool-aid went down the wrong pipe!...)

Once again...I crack me up!:rofl2:

Rat :moon2:

Maybe you weren't listening at orientation, or maybe you haven't been here long enough to remember. They told me I would get a pension based on a 4 % raise every year yet they have only given a 2.2% raise every year. I was also told we would never put our customers freight on another carrier.
So with those 2 points I can say that I do not believe that they have lived up to what they promised me.

Maybe you weren't listening at orientation, or maybe you haven't been here long enough to remember. They told me I would get a pension based on a 4 % raise every year yet they have only given a 2.2% raise every year. I was also told we would never put our customers freight on another carrier.
So with those 2 points I can say that I do not believe that they have lived up to what they promised me.

Whoa.......wait just a minute there "Big Strapper"..........

"Promises" are only as good as the one making them. (oh, wait now, that was what you were saying wasn't it)......

O.K........new tack here........the customers that were with us when they said that are now gone, therefore, those customers of which he spoke........are the ones whose freight is not going on other carriers. No, that isn't it either, because if they aren't with us anymore, than their freight is in fact going on another carrier........

Allright, now I have it.........

The person who made those ridiculous statements, is no longer with the company, so, it would follow that his promises don't hold weight with "new management". Unless of course, they were written down in the Employee Handbook (and we don't want to start that discussion again now do we?)...

Maybe you weren't listening at orientation

I tried not to...I bloat on too much liquid...plus the Kool-Aid left a bad taste in my mouth! Plus the mind can only absorb what the butt can endure. Based on that assumption I didn't absorb much. Guess that makes me a sore @ss.

OK to the point...

They told me I would get a pension based on a 4 % raise every year yet they have only given a 2.2% raise every year.

Does your pension reflect a 4% raise regardless of the fact you recieved a 2.2% raise? You were told your pension would reflect a 4% raise and yet you only recieve 2.2%. So which does it reflect the 4% or the 2.2%?

I was also told we would never put our customers freight on another carrier.

The way I understand it...when we sign for the freight we own it! It is our freight at that point. It no longer belongs to the customer. Based on that presumption...we are not actually putting customers freight on another carrier, we are putting our freight on another carrier. BoxBoss would be the one who would have a more precise answer to this. I am just going on what I understand things to be. I know this is splitting hairs...but!!....

When Con-Way TL picks up freight at a customers we are not using another carrier...just a division of our own company.

Rat :loser:

Maybe you weren't listening at orientation

I tried not to...I bloat on too much liquid...plus the Kool-Aid left a bad taste in my mouth! Plus the mind can only absorb what the butt can endure. Based on that assumption I didn't absorb much. Guess that makes me a sore @ss.

OK to the point...

They told me I would get a pension based on a 4 % raise every year yet they have only given a 2.2% raise every year.

Does your pension reflect a 4% raise regardless of the fact you recieved a 2.2% raise? You were told your pension would reflect a 4% raise and yet you only recieve 2.2%. So which does it reflect the 4% or the 2.2%?

The way I understand it...when we sign for the freight we own it! It is our freight at that point. It no longer belongs to the customer. Based on that presumption...we are not actually putting customers freight on another carrier, we are putting our freight on another carrier. BoxBoss would be the one who would have a more precise answer to this. I am just going on what I understand things to be. I know this is splitting hairs...but!!....

When Con-Way TL picks up freight at a customers we are not using another carrier...just a division of our own company.

Rat :loser:

It's been a long time since I went through orientation, but I can honestly say without reservation that nobody stood on a stage and told me to expect 4% increases every year...anybody practicing that would have been whisked off the stage and corrected immediately...

Rat, Alot of the old timers say the samething.

"When i went to orientation we were told if it is P/U by a con-way truck it will be sent out on a con-way truck."

I'll here that comment about 3-4 times a week.

Zone.

How does not having your zone shut down sound. That was probably the next cut if it got worse. Be thankful for what you have gotten.

Why would they shut my zone down if we made more money than the terminal we are connected with?I am thankful for my job..and that wasn't the point I was trying to make:duh:

Why would they shut my zone down if we made more money than the terminal we are connected with?I am thankful for my job..and that wasn't the point I was trying to make:duh:

I don't think they will shut down any zone.

If anything, they would shut down those way out terminals and turn them into zones like they were before.