Estes | idling trucks

I've had to back under trailers 3 or 4 times and then really slam into the pin to get the fifth wheel to latch. I almost dropped a trailer in the yard luckily I saw that the distance between the cab and the trailer was increasing as I let out the clutch.

ya that grease they use is concrete when its anywhere below 10 . turns to concrete. hint use fuel treatment . pour it all over your fifth wheel plate. use the dolly's that have the latch you have to move to pull the handle. i'll add pictures tomarrow.
RICHMOND : USE RED GREASE PLEASE IN THE WINTER !!

Yea the ones with the handles that simply pull out are the ones that seem to freeze. So now that they're frozen, they're not only hard to pull out. They're almost impossible to keep out, and if you somehow manage to make it stay out. The damn thing will not rehook. Quality stuff there. While we're on the topic of things freezing... gotta love the frozen grease on the legs. If I had to do that all winter, I'd buy out of my gym membership.

I worked for a company out of northern wisconsin for ten years , the only thing they did different from estes as far as lube / treatment was a bit of alcohol in the tanks and that was questionable as to its effectiveness .Alot of this crap, cherry red diesel for instance, is a waste of money for a big fleet to buy. Does anyone still see trucks running with winter fronts anymore? Although I disagree with some of the specs on our tractors, I think our maintanance people are capable of handling cold weather issues.