ODFL | I'm a little bit late but

All you central state know it alls don’t mind that option,, it’s for us big boys out west while you ladies closing up terminals when it snows

Remember to TIP your Chain Monkey ..
I am the chain monkey or used to be. I could throw 5 sets in under 15 minutes. The word Cheater come to mind. Cheater chains, never leave home without them. I learned off of a old driver. As long as they heard the chains the highway patrol never bothered me. Good thing they didn’t notice that my chain racks still had all the iron hanging on them.

I am the chain monkey or used to be. I could throw 5 sets in under 15 minutes. The word Cheater come to mind. Cheater chains, never leave home without them. I learned off of a old driver. As long as they heard the chains the highway patrol never bothered me. Good thing they didn’t notice that my chain racks still had all the iron hanging on them.
Real truck drivers don't chain up, they the call dispatcher to send a vendor.:lmao:

As a midwest driver I admit hardly ever used chains, give us some chain stories, some examples of when and where you have to use them
At times, I've seen snow so heavy on the Tamiami mountain range between Tampa and Miami, that we had to put chains on the steering axle to get over those mountains.
All of OD's drivers hired are sent out West to a 6-week school where some guy called Billy teaches how to chain up.
Those that fail are released and most are hired by Swift or become dispatchers. :poke:

At times, I've seen snow so heavy on the Tamiami mountain range between Tampa and Miami, that we had to put chains on the steering axle to get over those mountains.
All of OD's drivers hired are sent out West to a 6-week school where some guy called Billy teaches how to chain up.
Those that fail are released and most are hired by Swift or become dispatchers. :poke:
Uncle Breezy, BillyLo is too busy this winter ... working Cyber Security.
But he is looking for a snow removal supervisor with experience.

As a midwest driver I admit hardly ever used chains, give us some chain stories, some examples of when and where you have to use them
With OD when I ran wild for 16 months after they bought WSKT, mostly West and a lot of chaining only times I've chained lately is the GOK yard before it gets plowed and Cedar Point east of DEN when doing lay downs there. Earlier in my career I ran a weekly shuttle from Boeing Wichita to Boeing in Renton,Everett/Paine Field and Seattle, lots of throwing iron there.

Last edited:
I am the chain monkey or used to be. I could throw 5 sets in under 15 minutes. The word Cheater come to mind. Cheater chains, never leave home without them. I learned off of an old driver. As long as they heard the chains the highway patrol never bothered me. Good thing they didn’t notice that my chain racks still had all the iron hanging on them.
Dang son you messing with them cheaters Od gives you or you riggin yo something else?? Takin me 15 mins to throw 3 singles on to make some noise and get movin,,, drape and roll son.. but you know the true hero’s from the Ohio Indy Midwest know better than us with their they chained all the time stories years ago,,..

With OD when I ran wild for 16 months after they bought WSKT, mostly West and a lot of chaining only times I've chained lately is the GOK yard before it gets plowed and Cedar Point east of DEN when doing lay downs there. Earlier in my career I ran a weekly shuttle from Boeing Wichita to Boeing in Renton,Everett/Paine Field and Seattle, lots of throwing iron there.
You ran across Snoqualmie going into Boeing? I ran it one time, in the late summer after a lay down in Spokane. Went to Seattle dropped, hooked and went home to PDX.
I’ve heard a lot of stories about that pass in the winter.
I ran Williamette pass 4 years. Hwy 58 to and from Klamath Falls. 5-6 months of chains, thus resulting in learning new ways to run iron.

You ran across Snoqualmie going into Boeing? I ran it one time, in the late summer after a lay down in Spokane. Went to Seattle dropped, hooked and went home to PDX.
I’ve heard a lot of stories about that pass in the winter.
I ran Williamette pass 4 years. Hwy 58 to and from Klamath Falls. 5-6 months of chains, thus resulting in learning new ways to run iron.
I did. Although there were times I came across Oregon then North on I-5 into Seattle area when I-90 or 84 were just too messy for my usually light trailer(aircraft parts) I don't have many horror stories about Snoqualmie pass, my biggest complaint was the exposed chain on/off areas especially the chain off area by that lake, hopefully WNDOT has widened them by now, I had a few fearful moments having cars go by just feet from me while my back was turned while dealing with chains ⛓️