Yellow | Im glad YRC Fired Me

Do You Think YRC Will Be Around Much Longer?

• Total voters
If someone went to prison he didn't cover his bid. That's no call, no show- voluntary quit.
Didn't the good old days have many convicted felon Teamsters negotiating contracts and working at freight barns as well as other Teamster shops. My opinion is freight teamsters have become pussified. What made Teamsters great back in the day was the fact they weren't choir boys.
Why do you guys think it so hard to get fired from yrc . ??? Yep I got fired . For what . Not signing the policy and procedures . My business agent said ( They had just cause to terminate me ) so no nothing for 10 years of perfect service . YES perfect .
What did I really do wrong. I filed a harassment against my steward 2 times after going to my business agent several times about it due too it had been going on for over a year . Dispatch saw it happen on a daily base but was told to Police yourselves.
So after the 2nd file . Dispatch started harassing me . EI waiting 4 hrs for a load that was on the ready line when I started .
31 times in 3 months ) working extra shifts etc .
So yrc will do anything to protect the Stewart due to my whole board knew about my firing from my Stewart 10 hrs before I got my letter but didnt take cause I told them I already knew what it said . And to prove to my BA that the whole board knew

So if yrc wants you gone . Your done !!
Guys get fired everyday from YRCW companies for bull ::shit::. They get their jobs back if they WANT them back. I know of a 18 year veteran who is now a steward that's been fired 4 or 5 times.
The fact the OP was able to get a better job at another Teamster company is a good thing in my opinion.

Didn't the good old days have many convicted felon Teamsters negotiating contracts and working at freight barns as well as other Teamster shops. My opinion is freight teamsters have become pussified. What made Teamsters great back in the day was the fact they weren't choir boys.

Guys get fired everyday from YRCW companies for bull :::shit:::. They get their jobs back if they WANT them back. I know of a 18 year veteran who is now a steward that's been fired 4 or 5 times.
The fact the OP was able to get a better job at another Teamster company is a good thing in my opinion.
In the good old days, 75 percent of the companies were union, and controlled the majority of the LTL in this country...
Clout was there then. Not no more.

For what its worth....I had a GREAT time at YRC. The pay wasn't bad, decent benefits, I had a great route....but I was fired for doing something REALLY stupid.When I lost my job I thought it was the end of the world. I applied at a competitor and was hired.

The competitor offered the same benefits with newer equipment and a slight bump up in pay. Still a Teamster and I wouldn't have it any other way.

After reading about recent developments at YRC....... I have a feeling they're about to close up shop..... THINK CONSOLIDATED FREIGHTWAYS.

Hope not....but driver beware!

Have a safe and healthy holiday to all my brothers and sisters of the road.

It might have been the best thing that happened to me. Not sure I felt that way when it was happening, but after a decade to reflect, I am sold. I hear about the 15% giveback, I still read about about layoffs, I hear there is no pension. The non union companies are paying more, offering better bennies. The union is weak and has sold you all out(me too) I have years vested and I am sure, they will find a way not pay out. When that local, sold me out at Myrtle Beach, on my birthday, I felt sick. They were too cowardly to even tell me their decision until I was far away, driving home and they could safely tell me how they ****ed me, over the phone. It's not easy to find work in a "right to work" state when you are an ex teamster. But YRC, the local 71 and the internet created a monster. Although all the old heads said, you dont wanna drive a 'shiny wheel'; you need to stay here and get a pension." "Owner ops gross alot, but they don't make any money... I heard it all and for 10 years, I believed them.#Fake News! Now I operate a machine that can do the speed limit, I don't have to wait by the phone for work calls, I do less and make more. I have the best Boss I have ever had....ME! I do as I please and love every minute of it. When YRC goes down, in flames, i only hope I have drank a case of beer and I wont waste my **** to put them out.

Guys get fired everyday from YRCW companies for bull :::shit:::. They get their jobs back if they WANT them back. I know of a 18 year veteran who is now a steward that's been fired 4 or 5 times.

Can't get your jobs back when the union business agent say they have JUST CAUSE . Your done . And the union won't do anything for you.

It might have been the best thing that happened to me. Not sure I felt that way when it was happening, but after a decade to reflect, I am sold. I hear about the 15% giveback, I still read about about layoffs, I hear there is no pension. The non union companies are paying more, offering better bennies. The union is weak and has sold you all out(me too) I have years vested and I am sure, they will find a way not pay out. When that local, sold me out at Myrtle Beach, on my birthday, I felt sick. They were too cowardly to even tell me their decision until I was far away, driving home and they could safely tell me how they ****ed me, over the phone. It's not easy to find work in a "right to work" state when you are an ex teamster. But YRC, the local 71 and the internet created a monster. Although all the old heads said, you dont wanna drive a 'shiny wheel'; you need to stay here and get a pension." "Owner ops gross alot, but they don't make any money... I heard it all and for 10 years, I believed them.#Fake News! Now I operate a machine that can do the speed limit, I don't have to wait by the phone for work calls, I do less and make more. I have the best Boss I have ever had....ME! I do as I please and love every minute of it. When YRC goes down, in flames, i only hope I have drank a case of beer and I wont waste my **** to put them out.

I recall when local 71 started this practice of not announcing their decision at the hearing back in the 60s.
If I'm not mistaken it was a discharge case, a threat or fight at the Myrtle Beach hearing.