TForce | In need of answers regarding ups line haul. Thanks in advance

2lj3_

Banned
Credits
1. Does UPS hire new drivers? I have two months experience as a line driver.
2. Are you home everyday?
3. Terminals close to me in SoCal are hiring. Is UPS better than Reddaway(yellow) in your honest opinion?

If you mean TForce Freight, I will try..

1- Not in the past, 5 years min. In todays drivers market I believe they do, {or have to}. No DUI's, reckless driving, accidents, will make it easier.

2- For the most part, no promises. If you are X board or team you could be out several days.

3- That's an opinion question. IMHO the only difference is the color of the trucks. This is an ffffed up business no matter who you sign on with. Check local pay scales and benefit packages.

Good luck....

If you mean TForce Freight, I will try..

1- Not in the past, 5 years min. In todays drivers market I believe they do, {or have to}. No DUI's, reckless driving, accidents, will make it easier.

2- For the most part, no promises. If you are X board or team you could be out several days.

3- That's an opinion question. IMHO the only difference is the color of the trucks. This is an ffffed up business no matter who you sign on with. Check local pay scales and benefit packages.

Good luck....
Thanks bro I appreciate it.

3. Terminals close to me in SoCal are hiring. Is UPS better than Reddaway(yellow) in your honest opinion?

1) Could; Depends on terminal and need. i've met drivers and this is their very first driving job period. So, here you have a motherfunker and he's making minimum 50,000 his first driving job and in 3-4 years will be making 100,000. See my post entitlted "w-2's posted."

2) Depends; If you have a scheduled route run then likely yes you will be home every day----unless it's a team run. i was on X-tra board and i averaged a night in a hotel once every 2 weeks. When it got hot and heavy twice in one week.. These are, usually, decent hotels----not in the back of a truck.

3) Most probably.

i need to expand on #2

IF you can sleep well during the day, then the whole thing about having to stay in a hotel occasionally should be of no consequence; The job is so good it's worth it.

The ONLY reason i'm not doing it anymore is due to the daytime sleep thing----i just don't do it well.

I like it just don’t think imma be able to stay in hotels long term honestly. I ran 504 miles last night. I’d like to run 250 to point B and 250 back to point A. Come back to my bed and family.
Im at a SoCal terminal, the 3&2 layovers left in mid 2006 and never came back. Extra Board usually does Sleeper/Shuttle/Turn cover.

But that can all change now...

They can't hire anyone!!! Lol lol....they don't pay!

I thought ups was a six figure job?
Ups feeder is for sure. I remember hearing ups fright starting guys out at like 17 or 19 dollars then having to work your way up but top scale much less than ups feeder position. And now that ups got bought out who knows what will happen. I would say come to Abf but you probably wouldn’t like it if your trying to just drive all the time ain’t gonna happen

Ups feeder is for sure. I remember hearing ups fright starting guys out at like 17 or 19 dollars then having to work your way up but top scale much less than ups feeder position. And now that ups got bought out who knows what will happen. I would say come to Abf but you probably wouldn’t like it if your trying to just drive all the time ain’t gonna happen
How’s abf? How many hours you be working and what’s starting pay?

BOTTOM LINE:

IF, you can sleep during the day, i'm talking about AT LEAST 6.5 HOURS of decent sleep, but really should be 8. Be honest here.

Then Tremendous Force Freight smashers linehaul IS the best job ever, period.

My W-2's illustrating my linehaul pay were actually well below average. Average linehaul pay is over 100,000. i took it easy, often passing to less senior guys because i didn't want to burn myself out-----if you know you're going to get pie every day, why stuff yourself?

i am unable to sleep well during the day, so i put up with the rushing, the B.S., customers who don't care (or know), expected to perform miracles---example: Pickup 20 miles away due at 4pm, appointment due at 4pm, 5 miles in the opposite direction of where you are presently, and it's presently 2pm, and you didn't leave the barn until 11:47am. And, if you don't perform the miracle, it's all your fault. It's never management's fault. Expected to perform "magic."

If you deliver to an office full of women (and not stereotyping here, because there ARE women who will move their own freight, but saying in general), guess who is going to move the boxes inside even when it's not inside delivery? You can either simp, or state, "sorry, no inside delivery."

Same with residentials. You can simp, or state, "sorry, curbside delivery only." i usually simp, because i figure it's already on wheels, why not go 20-30 more feet into the garage etc.? Plus, i can average $40-60 a week in tips. Although this week i got nothing. Another thing to remember is that most households don't have pallet jacks, dollys etc. So, they are just asking for a favor.

i really tried to make it work---tried all sorts of "medication" (may describe in detail in an upcoming podcast), tried all sorts of sleep patterns----waited until late before going to sleep vs. sleeping immediately after getting home. Didn't work.

P.S.
Concerning inside delivery or residentials : i usually do simp for women; My philosophy is, i figure what the lady wants, she gets----eventually. That's just is, how it is. i might as well make her happy.

Plus, techinically i'm on the clock, so technically i AM still getting paid.