Central Transport | in store for 2013

i agree with the pay period and increased payroll deduction for insurance (that will recoup most of that 25 cent raise). maybe they'll even go as far as to tweak the vacation especially with the 4 week people, either by eliminating it totally or upping the years of service to get it. maybe bump overtime to 50 hrs as well. shave a little here and a little there.

bump o.t. to 50 hrs, cut out $$ for wait time at meets. insurance goes up $10 a week, there goes the "raise". 40 more fed ex peeps b4 march...........

Two week pay period..Change of insurance provider...perhaps not going up because the provider will have higher deductables and less service...thus costing the company less...Dont think they will change the OT and vacations for guys up north...They dont want a bunch of drivers jumping ship...too costly in other areas by tweating that..They are set up to grow, but that will only happen by revamping city dispatch and hiring more qualifyed TM's to stay on top of the labor to revenue numbers. They need more qualifyed people in KEY management roles...Safety issues in relation to law suits from wrongful deaths must stop...A guy just got hit by a forklift and must have a total knee replacement...That in itself is a big law suits...Those kind of things must stop...I want you guys to understand one thing...This companys pockets are not deep enough to recover from massive law suits. Do not think this company could not wind up in the bone yard of this site...They can and will lock the gates if we dont resolve safety issues..We have massive debt and we cant absorb those things...And we must solve service and damage issues as well...And we need to do this before we target new accts in sales in 2013...Because we would only burn those bridges as well. Like so many others we can never get back..Dont put the cart before the horse...Get your house in order then turn the sales force loose...We can and will succeed in 2013 with a leader that shows hes not all talk...That hes a man of action...Its starts at the top...We can only hope they make the right moves. Because as you have heard me say many times before....Its not what we say that defines us. Its what we do

Two week pay period..Change of insurance provider...perhaps not going up because the provider will have higher deductables and less service...thus costing the company less...Dont think they will change the OT and vacations for guys up north...They dont want a bunch of drivers jumping ship...too costly in other areas by tweating that..They are set up to grow, but that will only happen by revamping city dispatch and hiring more qualifyed TM's to stay on top of the labor to revenue numbers. They need more qualifyed people in KEY management roles...Safety issues in relation to law suits from wrongful deaths must stop...A guy just got hit by a forklift and must have a total knee replacement...That in itself is a big law suits...Those kind of things must stop...I want you guys to understand one thing...This companys pockets are not deep enough to recover from massive law suits. Do not think this company could not wind up in the bone yard of this site...They can and will lock the gates if we dont resolve safety issues..We have massive debt and we cant absorb those things...And we must solve service and damage issues as well...And we need to do this before we target new accts in sales in 2013...Because we would only burn those bridges as well. Like so many others we can never get back..Dont put the cart before the horse...Get your house in order then turn the sales force loose...We can and will succeed in 2013 with a leader that shows hes not all talk...That hes a man of action...Its starts at the top...We can only hope they make the right moves. Because as you have heard me say many times before....Its not what we say that defines us. Its what we do

I couldn't agree more with the city dispatch thing, I know our city "dispatcher" is doing one of three things 1. he's trying to sabotage the tablets and show corporate that they are a waste of money, 2. trying to get the TM to fire him so he can get unemployment, 3. trying to lose so much business that corporate has no choice but to close the terminal. no matter what option he is doing he's doing a GREAT job at it. As far as for vacations I think if you've been on this ship for 15 years you have earned 4 weeks a year off.

I couldn't agree more with the city dispatch thing, I know our city "dispatcher" is doing one of three things 1. he's trying to sabotage the tablets and show corporate that they are a waste of money, 2. trying to get the TM to fire him so he can get unemployment, 3. trying to lose so much business that corporate has no choice but to close the terminal. no matter what option he is doing he's doing a GREAT job at it. As far as for vacations I think if you've been on this ship for 15 years you have earned 4 weeks a year off.

Is your TM blind? If we miss one drop or pick we hear about it the next day from above and have to explain why. Maybe your TM is on it too?

with the big 3rd qtr loss i imagine an even worse insurance policy with higher weekly pmts and an adjustment or elimination in o.t. even with these things, i don't think it will help this ship from sinking. get ready to grab a life jacket.