FedEx Freight | Incentivised jobs list - Wow!

SwampRatt

TB Legend
Credits
Now the incentivised job list is up to 101 locations. Locations! Many with positions for both city and road.

Never before seen, in the history of the company, such difficulty hiring drivers.

Looks like they misjudged the tolerance of such a pitiful pay increase, big time.

That combined with mediocre insurance at a premium price, while profit margins are at historical highs seems like an error in judgement at the highest level.

Is the incentive actually $10k, as mentioned in another thread?

:smilie93c peelout: :popcorn: :smilie93c peelout:

And yet, not a peep about incentives to retain talent.

FX's lack of long term vision is staggering. The demographics of their aging workforce should be cause for immediate concern. The age group that's currently entering the workforce has zero desire to pick class A driving as a career.

I don't know what their plan is, assuming they have one.
Aging drivers about to attrition out, harder to replace them with new hires, and then pi$$ all over the late 30-mid 50 age group that will have to carry them when the afore comes to fruition.

Look around at the average age of drivers at any location. I bet it's a solid 10yrs older than what it was 20yrs ago. Bulk of drivers well in their late 40s.

Now the incentivised job list is up to 101 locations. Locations! Many with positions for both city and road.

Never before seen, in the history of the company, such difficulty hiring drivers.

Looks like they misjudged the tolerance of such a pitiful pay increase, big time.

That combined with mediocre insurance at a premium price, while profit margins are at historical highs seems like an error in judgement at the highest level.

Last ico I seen I didn't notice how it was identified as incentivised. What would a driver be looking for? I'm not going anywhere... Just curious. Thanks in advance.

And yet, not a peep about incentives to retain talent.

FX's lack of long term vision is staggering. The demographics of their aging workforce should be cause for immediate concern. The age group that's currently entering the workforce has zero desire to pick class A driving as a career.

I don't know what their plan is, assuming they have one.
Aging drivers about to attrition out, harder to replace them with new hires, and then pi$$ all over the late 30-mid 50 age group that will have to carry them when the afore comes to fruition.

Look around at the average age of drivers at any location. I bet it's a solid 10yrs older than what it was 20yrs ago. Bulk of drivers well in their late 40s.
When I came on board not that many years ago, I was one of the young'ns... At 48... I may looked younger than I was.. but most our city board was 50 plus besides a few new d2d guys. 😳..
I agree... No kid coming out of high school says I think I want to be a ltl driver... although a friends son jumped in with a otr outfit as soon as eligible. It was his way to see the country and sow a few oats... He was creative with his sight seeing and had an outfit that was willing to work with him. I didn't think it would pan out like he thought but last time we spoke he had a nice chunk of $ ( no house,no girl at home) had passed through all 48 and about a third of the national parks. Not for everyone ( including me)

what about money for the rest of us?

Not worth it. If they want this to work they should do it like my last job. Allow a dovetail. But that dovetail seniority doesn't kick in till 1 year later. Gives time for those affected to absorb you into the list by not being immediately effected with the possibility of moving up anyway a spot or two in a years time before they have to deal with you bumping them down one.

All the driver postings, warranted or not for those locations, will be used in a few years to partly justify moving Freight more into a Ground model that will allow a good chunk of linehaul to become contracted out. The fact that there is another furlough coming with a seven page jobs posting list boggles the mind.

That’s because they want everyone to be traveling dock workers... it gets old quick.. I’m glad out of my hub we have over 20 lanes to choose from and then extraboard and only 1 lane is a dock bid. If it wasn’t for that I’d be long gone

Not worth it. If they want this to work they should do it like my last job. Allow a dovetail. But that dovetail seniority doesn't kick in till 1 year later. Gives time for those affected to absorb you into the list by not being immediately effected with the possibility of moving up anyway a spot or two in a years time before they have to deal with you bumping them down one.
Just wondering. What do you think they want to work out? I don’t even think they know but maybe you do just curious

That list is way too long never seen it like this and the fact that it’s LTL slow season? Something seems odds