R&L | Individual Vacation Days

pokey

TB Lurker
Credits
I don't see any recent posts of anyone making mention of this. I know I've read in the past that you all wanted it so for those that don't know.

Wilmington is putting together their plans and we are finally suppose to be able to take vacation days individually. Hopefully they get everything worked out to answer all of my questions at least. Sadly I took my only weeks vaca this past week :(

I don't see any recent posts of anyone making mention of this. I know I've read in the past that you all wanted it so for those that don't know.

Wilmington is putting together their plans and we are finally suppose to be able to take vacation days individually. Hopefully they get everything worked out to answer all of my questions at least. Sadly I took my only weeks vaca this past week :(
I've been wondering how they are going to do it...

What I've herd, is that you have to take one full week. If you have more then one you can break the second. I don't know about third or fourth. Once again... This is just what I've herd so far.

I was told that it was supposed to start on July 1st, but I called payroll and one of the girls told me she has not seen anything yet

Our TM is not happy about this.Were we can take are vac when we want to.
I did not here how any of it will work.
It's pretty simple really. At Holland we can split up to 2 weeks and the rest is used full-week at a time. We just have to call payroll to get approval either in advance or even on that day you want off. 5 road drivers per terminal a night allowed vacation approval, unless its slow season! But then there are sick days!:biglaugh: Its nice to be totally stressed out one day and decide you just need a break and take a night off! Hope it works for you guys.:1036316054:

It's pretty simple really. At Holland we can split up to 2 weeks and the rest is used full-week at a time. We just have to call payroll to get approval either in advance or even on that day you want off. 5 road drivers per terminal a night allowed vacation approval, unless its slow season! But then there are sick days!:biglaugh: Its nice to be totally stressed out one day and decide you just need a break and take a night off! Hope it works for you guys.:1036316054:

thanks for the imput shoeman:smilie_132:

I know our TM is waiting on this to happen. He says it will be hell in keeping track of drivers days of vacation. But will help with drivers attitudes. He is waiting on the soft ware from the big house. I had not heard about using a full week and spliting your second week but it makes sense. I know it will help out when you have kids and field trips, camping, ect.

I guess this will happen sooner or later if that's what the company has said they will do for us. Just a little odd that since April when this was first mentioned nobody has really heard too much about it. Remember this was first told to us at the same time they told us that everybody would not be getting their cost of living raise unless you have reached top pay. Since it really hasn't been talked about much lately just have to wonder if this was one way to make us forget about the raise we didn't get. Then later if nobodys pushing the issue with breaking up your vacations maybe the employees will just forget about this too?
Maybe my thinking is way off???

I guess this will happen sooner or later if that's what the company has said they will do for us. Just a little odd that since April when this was first mentioned nobody has really heard too much about it. Remember this was first told to us at the same time they told us that everybody would not be getting their cost of living raise unless you have reached top pay. Since it really hasn't been talked about much lately just have to wonder if this was one way to make us forget about the raise we didn't get. Then later if nobodys pushing the issue with breaking up your vacations maybe the employees will just forget about this too?
Maybe my thinking is way off???

You may not be far off the mark on this one. I hope you are though as I would love to spend extra time with my kids. I do have a ? about the raise and being at top scale. The drivers that will reach it this year and next are they going to get a big raise or what.

It's hard to say. The only gripe I have with the company is over money. I don't mind putting in the hrs, doing the extra work, whatever. I feel like I bend over backwards for this place. I was told last September that I was going to get a $50 dollar per week increase in my salary. Cool!! My Terminal Manager signed off on it, and so did the Director, but the farther up the ladder it went the more my raise got stepped on. By the time everything was said and done it was a raise for $30 dollars. I shouldn't complain too much I mean moneys, money but what happened?
Got held up for 5 weeks on top of it with no back pay. I was only one of 200 Supervisors that were not paid when they should of been and some of my friends had to wait over 3 months. Again, with no back pay.
Only complaint I have....

Did you see him sign off on it or was he just saying that like he always does just to make him look good. about your vacation pay whats the difference you aint allowed to take one anyway

Yo, again...just put in for a personal day that I wanted for the 29th of August.
Dog, this would only be my 2nd day for the year. Got turned down.
Said nobody to cover for me, it's too much for one person. I did it for over a year by myself. Makes me feel good and mad at the same time. HEHE.
Talk to you later.....