FedEx Freight | Industry news

So will pilots carrying general cargo be a class B pilot at different pay scale? :poke:

I think it’s hilarious FedEx has been working for almost 8 years to move to a common orange FedEx logo for every unit of the company and now we’re going to a color coded service offering again lol.

FedEx has an image problem… expensive, progressively worse service, unprofessional conduct on the part of some “independent service providers” and some employees alike and FedEx summarily dropping customers during the COVID uptick. All of these things have left a bad taste in a lot of customers mouths as well as better and cheaper services from competitors in all aspects of our business has hurt.

It is true that all delivery companies have been affected by the economic downturn and will continue to be at least until November. That said a lot of our competitors have been expanding service offerings, opening new facilities and investing in growth while it seems we have done the polar opposite. Instead of setting the standard we can’t even match it. Morale is the worst it’s been in 10 years, unending furloughs in some places and a general lack of any material forward looking plan for Freight has a lot of folks concerned. What is happening here isn’t completely a result of economic conditions. They know that and refuse to address or even listen to valid concerns from employees. That joke of an employee survey is a prime example. No comment section and only questions about things in a general nature. The results of the survey didn’t even matter, they just wanted participation.

It’s been almost two years since this has began. What’s the plan FedEx? Specifically, what’s the plan for Freight? I ask my management what is being done to retain or regain customers we’ve lost, nothing… no answer. No F’s given.

Memphis Fedex is right down the interstate from me.

On Busy nights I patch into their live ATC and listen.

We need expedited taxi to gate, not enough fuel per company policy they allow 100 pounds for this... you are taking too long.

I dont ship packages very often, but bless me, a hundred pounds of jetfuel? Thsoe engines will gulp half for the Angels share and the rest gets the devils cut.

If Fedex is that hard up for money on a effing 30 million jet packing 200,000 dollars in jetfuel.. over a package... we are all in trouble.

They should stick with trucking.

Or freight 2010 I think reduce freight claims 50 percent what they did was just stop paying lots of them lol claiming packaging was not sufficient for ltl unreal stuff
Well to be fair, some of it really isn't packaged correctly.

Heres looking at you 900 lb pallet of medicine with one layer of wrap and hopes/dreams, I don't remember who ships them but you'd know if you got a trailer with them on it since they end up like a waffle house order almost every time, scattered and splattered.

I was sent into Kennedy Cargo. 83 COE White, 45 Wabash Reefer with side door on spring. (Sheesh)

See Air Freight KLM from Holland that Morning (I got the word at the Vince Lombardi 10 hours prior, Jet needed 8 and change to arrive, unload) turns out to be six pallets on a air cargo slip under a full net. 5 of those was big fat thousand pounds of green peppers fresh cut the previous two days in Holland. One was 24 cases of big dutch beef tomatos in two layers. Above that sat 920 pounds of big green peppers.

I pull out my big Buck 117 model Bowie from its holster and the Cargo Airport Boss yelled "PUT. THAT AWAY. NOW. NO ONE. CUTS. MY NET."

a profanity laced argument cowed and bullied me into having that loaded just like it is. I was 21. Just a stupid kid with a class A.

Goes straight to Norristown PA which is above Philly, a big food distribution due next morning at 7 am sharp. They were waiting on it. Sheesh.

Crushed my way up there on bad concrete, craters and worse ******* pavement all the way.

Arrived to Norristown Opened doors. Dock boss and me watch tomato juice stream down the ICC Decap Bar. (Under the net)

The yelling started. I find myself on three payphones just inside dock door at the wall. One for my boss pappy, one for Holland and one for the World Trade Towers that brokered the whole damn sorry shipment.

ALL of them wanted cash money from me in three languages mixed with broken profane english you would not believe. That lasted a hour.

From that day to this day, that ******* knife is coming out no more of that mess. What. a waste.

When the towers fell. I cried. Not necessarily for the ******* tomatoes but the stupid picky brokers who had them loaded wrong. Holland too. They cannot be that stupid.

SOmeone paid. Never heard a word anywhere the rest of my life. 5900 pounds of green peppers and maybe 300 of tomatoes of the highest quality.

Oh yes someone paid.

Well to be fair, some of it really isn't packaged correctly.

Heres looking at you 900 lb pallet of medicine with one layer of wrap and hopes/dreams, I don't remember who ships them but you'd know if you got a trailer with them on it since they end up like a waffle house order almost every time, scattered and splattered.
I get what you are saying. Back when Fedx actually cared about customers and supervisors valued what city drivers had to say and worked together we didn’t pick up questionable freight. Center managers would actually not move that kind of skid . Sales would go there immediately and show what is expected and truthfully it worked very well at our center.

I get what you are saying. Back when Fedx actually cared about customers and supervisors valued what city drivers had to say and worked together we didn’t pick up questionable freight. Center managers would actually not move that kind of skid . Sales would go there immediately and show what is expected and truthfully it worked very well at our center.
Sales hasn't existed since they merged in with services sir. Freight simply doesn't make them enough money to be worth the headache of pushing it. and they can make far more getting someone to sign on for parcel.

Wow! You mean people working together actually works? It's forbidden in Nashville.

Sales hasn't existed since they merged in with services sir. Freight simply doesn't make them enough money to be worth the headache of pushing it. and they can make far more getting someone to sign on for parcel.
FedEx Freight has averaged over 20% profit for the last couple of years. Express barely makes a profit while Ground has been below 10% profit. I would say Freight is well worth pushing vs. parcel sir.

FedEx Freight has averaged over 20% profit for the last couple of years. Express barely makes a profit while Ground has been below 10% profit. I would say Freight is well worth pushing vs. parcel sir.
Share price over last 5 years: Saia vs. ArcBest vs. Fedex.

SaiaAbfFedexChart.md.jpeg

They get more pushing parcel than they do freight.

Easier to push 100000 parcels getting a penny or two per parcel than pushing 10 shipments of freight getting $1 per ect.

Just an example but its them going for the easy money, especially when you have to get terminal managers on board, vet the freight ect.