TForce | Insurance coverage

To my knowledge somewhere around 90 days. Once u clear your probationary period it 8 weeks after that. You should receive paperwork in the mail.

To my knowledge somewhere around 90 days. Once u clear your probationary period it 8 weeks after that. You should receive paperwork in the mail.
TeamCare tells me the 8 weeks period is for new hires that have not been in their system within the previous 52 week period. So if you’re a ex-YRC employee like myself your insurance should start right after your probation. Also found it in my TeamCare union steward manual under the eligibility section. Have your new steward find it in his book so he has the correct information for any more new hires. Mine didn’t know that.

TeamCare tells me the 8 weeks period is for new hires that have not been in their system within the previous 52 week period. So if you’re a ex-YRC employee like myself your insurance should start right after your probation. Also found it in my TeamCare union steward manual under the eligibility section. Have your new steward find it in his book so he has the correct information for any more new hires. Mine didn’t know that.
But what your saying is ,BECAUSE, you were in CSHF before, you would be eligible for coverage after your probation. I was not in Central States Health Fund when I was with YRC , we were in the Wisconsin health fund . I will be calling the fund tomorrow, but my question is does the 8 week "buy in" to central states start from hire date, or does it occur after the probationary period?

But what you’re saying is ,BECAUSE, you were in CSHF before, you would be eligible for coverage after your probation. I was not in Central States Health Fund when I was with YRC , we were in the Wisconsin health fund . I will be calling the fund tomorrow, but my question is does the 8 week "buy in" to central states start from hire date, or does it occur after the probationary period?
Let us know what TeamCare says. That’s information most likely your steward won’t know. Not many people jump from one division to another, until recently. My gut feeling (if it means anything) is that your eight week “buy in” will start after your 45 day probation. I have guys that went to Standard which is also under Wisconsin and were told they had to wait 90 days for theirs to start. 30 days probation plus 8 weeks is about that. Please let us know what they tell you.

Let us know what TeamCare says. That’s information most likely your steward won’t know. Not many people jump from one division to another, until recently. My gut feeling (if it means anything) is that your eight week “buy in” will start after your 45 day probation. I have guys that went to Standard which is also under Wisconsin and were told they had to wait 90 days for theirs to start. 30 days probation plus 8 weeks is about that. Please let us know what they tell you.
Will do. I think that it's going by to turn out to be 90 as you stated.

Called Teamcare , you are correct. The buy in starts after your probation. She said that you generally receive a welcome packet after the company has made three weeks of contributions.

Thanks for the update. At least now we know. It sucks that you still have to wait the 8 weeks even though you’ve been in TeamCare regardless of the division. We’ve all been through enough as it is.

Thanks for the update. At least now we know. It sucks that you still have to wait the 8 weeks even though you’ve been in TeamCare regardless of the division. We’ve all been through enough as it is.
It really sucks ,because they called and said there's no work today , dock or driving. This company is a joke . They over hire , anticipating being busy from Yellow closure ,then they don't pick-up the freight they already have . Good chance I'll never see 8 weeks here

It really sucks ,because they called and said there's no work today , dock or driving. This company is a joke . They over hire , anticipating being busy from Yellow closure ,then they don't pick-up the freight they already have . Good chance I'll never see 8 weeks here
Hang in there. You and I both have one foot in the door. Plenty of people out there that would swap places with either one of us. Pretty much all the carriers in my area have guys either laid off yet or scratching to get 8 hrs, union or not. So far they’ve worked me every day but they have senior drivers gladly taking days off.

Hang in there. You and I both have one foot in the door. Plenty of people out there that would swap places with either one of us. Pretty much all the carriers in my area have guys either laid off yet or scratching to get 8 hrs, union or not. So far they’ve worked me every day but they have senior drivers gladly taking days off.
No can do, gotta find something that is full time , even if it's less pay, this place is just too jagged up. Definitely now realize it was a mistake to stay in LTL. Our senior guys are too hungry to take days off. If they're not getting 12 , their complaining to the Steward

Sorry to say, you are correct. Making you and other sit home, while deliveries sit in traps and pick ups are missed daily, means nothing to them.
This management is like Nero playing the fiddle, while Rome is burning .

No can do, gotta find something that is full time , even if it's less pay, this place is just too jagged up. Definitely now realize it was a mistake to stay in LTL. Our senior guys are too hungry to take days off. If they're not getting 12 , their complaining to the Steward
If you are in the Northeast, where I work is hiring. Limited on the ltl side. More on dedicated.

Passing through here,
But I will say finished my 30 day probation on a Saturday and my insurance was turned back on the following Saturday.
Central States ABF
Using same cards and all…
Terminal Manager calls us in to inform us he sends info to hall….

Passing through here,
But I will say finished my 30 day probation on a Saturday and my insurance was turned back on the following Saturday.
Central States ABF
Using same cards and all…
Terminal Manager calls us in to inform us he sends info to hall….
Thank you for letting us know. Have a buddy start at ABF earlier this year say the same thing. Three punches after probation let his insurance start up again. TForce as of yet says we will wait out the eight weeks after probation like everyone else regardless how many years previously in TeamCare. TeamCare themselves say otherwise. It’s a TeamCare policy on eligibility, not a TForce policy. They’re going to submit first week payment regardless so it won’t affect them in any way. So, time for an education. Meeting with company labor rep, steward, and I’ll make sure the BA is there.

Thank you for letting us know. Have a buddy start at ABF earlier this year say the same thing. Three punches after probation let his insurance start up again. TForce as of yet says we will wait out the eight weeks after probation like everyone else regardless how many years previously in TeamCare. TeamCare themselves say otherwise. It’s a TeamCare policy on eligibility, not a TForce policy. They’re going to submit first week payment regardless so it won’t affect them in any way. So, time for an education. Meeting with company labor rep, steward, and I’ll make sure the BA is there.
I see what your saying about educating TForce, but does it really matter? After the 45 days of probation,they make a payment, and teamcare turns it back on , TForce has nothing to do with it. My case was different, as I was in a different health fund, not CS, so we who got hired have to wait the additional 8 weeks after probation to be eligible. Course I'm quitting soon , so it's a mute point.

Called Teamcare , you are correct. The buy in starts after your probation. She said that you generally receive a welcome packet after the company has made three weeks of contributions.
Im also new hire from yellow does the 8 week contribution show in your pay check slip?