XPO | Interesting Read

Not after 1996, it wasn't....that was the basis for the Con-way argument...you can't go off on your own for 6.5 years, run as a profitable free standing entity for the first 3.5 of those, go bellyup and claim it was the fault of the company you spun from...They imploded, most likely due to alot of poor decision making, poor pricing structure, and a lousy cost oversight..When they went under, Con-way hardly noticed a blip of revenue growth over it...alot of bad business...

Perhaps But I was responding to the validity of the Central States Pension settlement. It is a given that poor management machinations and decisions put CF out. And the Pension Funds werent the only ones that were owed money. In the final anaylsis it is just a shame that an American icon of business (which coincidently was Union ) went out. A peice of nuts and bolts of the American economy, and the middle class, from which America draws its greatness..........

In the final anaylsis it is just a shame that an American icon of business (which coincidently was Union ) went out. A peice of nuts and bolts of the American economy, and the middle class, from which America draws its greatness..........

I could not agree with you more.......

The core issue is that Con-Way can't be held responsible for C/F's demise.....any more than if Coke would spin off the Mountain Dew label into it's own seperate entity.....and then, 7 years later, Coke goes down..........and then, people start sueing Mountain Dew for Coke's obligations........

That makes about as much sense as a dog getting run over by a truck, and then trying to hold a flea that had lived on the back of it for a month or two, seven years before it died, responsible for killing it.

:holysheep:

Perhaps But I was responding to the validity of the Central States Pension settlement. It is a given that poor management machinations and decisions put CF out. And the Pension Funds werent the only ones that were owed money. In the final anaylsis it is just a shame that an American icon of business (which coincidently was Union ) went out. A peice of nuts and bolts of the American economy, and the middle class, from which America draws its greatness..........

I can't disagree....When I started in this business, at the beginning of deregulation, if you weren't with Yellow, Roadway or CF, you weren't with anyone...My, how times have changed...what an evolution...

I could not agree with you more.......

The core issue is that Con-Way can't be held responsible for C/F's demise.....any more than if Coke would spin off the Mountain Dew label into it's own seperate entity.....and then, 7 years later, Coke goes down..........and then, people start sueing Mountain Dew for Coke's obligations........

That makes about as much sense as a dog getting run over by a truck, and then trying to hold a flea that had lived on the back of it for a month or two, seven years before it died, responsible for killing it.

:holysheep:

that is a very good post. :1036316054: