Yellow | Interesting

Will Yellow build all new terminals from the ground up, buy new tractors, forklifts, etc. Or, will they buy back the terminal from Estes and the tractors and trailers from the auction company.

Estes doesnt own anything yet, the stalking horse bid was only to set the minimum bid requirements going forward. There are still 300 or so interested parties in the bidding war.

So if yellow mis managed for years and in the end just crapped on its customers who would trust them to pay back that amount of money in just 2 years. Also the govt should not be bailing out any companies. Its not their money its the tax payers. What yellow workers would go back and trust yellow after they have already found another job. If they leave a job to go back to yellow just to have this same crap happen in 2 years they would be crazy and probably could expect no company to ever hire them after that. Also this type news is what scares trucking companies from hiring some of the yellow folks right now. They read the same trucking news.

New financing, new CHOPS, new management.... why do you not think that would work??? Yellow has the infrastructure and a well trained workforce of unionized drivers.

Reactions: TC1
This is a perfect opportunity for Jack Cooper to expand their presence in the trucking industry. I hope they are able to make this work!
It’s a long shot. If it gets the yellow and regional guys their jobs back and better conditions than before then I’ll be happy for y’all. I don’t think it’s going to happen. Too much time out of business, leased terminals gone, customers gone, employees already re-employed. Starting back up will be a massive undertaking, expensive…
But what the hell. Good luck.

It’s a long shot. If it gets the yellow and regional guys their jobs back and better conditions than before then I’ll be happy for y’all. I don’t think it’s going to happen. Too much time out of business, leased terminals gone, customers gone, employees already re-employed. Starting back up will be a massive undertaking, expensive…
I'm a 56 yr old dock worker with 34 yrs in the union still looking for a job no takers yet. I for 1 would go back if it happens and they call me back I need 6 yrs to retire let's get it done

If they can get their big name primary accounts back like HD, Best Buy, etc. which shouldn't be a problem thanks to pricing and stability, the smaller accounts will eventually follow. They have only been out of the scene for 90 days due to "restructuring of debt" so it's not exactly starting from scratch. I would estimate 50-75% of the drivers and clericals would return ASAP which is more than enough needed to cover the initial comeback. Management & dispatcher positions can filled pretty quickly as needed and some brought over from Jack Cooper to fill temporary spots.

If they can get their big name primary accounts back like HD, Best Buy, etc. which shouldn't be a problem thanks to pricing and stability, the smaller accounts will eventually follow. They have only been out of the scene for 90 days due to "restructuring of debt" so it's not exactly starting from scratch. I would estimate 50-75% of the drivers and clericals would return ASAP which is more than enough needed to cover the initial comeback. Management & dispatcher positions can filled pretty quickly as needed and some brought over from Jack Cooper to fill temporary spots.
This would be a very long shot at best, if it happens, 22k jobs will not appear overnight, and it will take time.
I would love to see that ugly azz downgraded yellow, blue, green, orange, and white city unit running around town again.

I just dont think the govt should be picking who they gonna help and who they aint. A lot of trucking comapanys have went out went out and no help at all. Besides its not the govts money they keep throwing around its the taxpayers money. I also see the same thing happening in 2 years that just happened so let it be. Do you think if Estes or X.P.O or Saia went out there would be any help? I highly doubt but because Yellow was union they need to be saved. I dont wish anyone to lose their jobs but it happens. For the ones still not working after this long being off is mostly by choice. If my family was going hungry i would be doing what ever i had to do to provide for them. This country is going bankrupt trying to save all the special interest groups instead of letting the market be the market.

How would they pay all that debt back in 2 years when they couldnt do it in 15 years?

I just dont think the govt should be picking who they gonna help and who they aint. A lot of trucking comapanys have went out went out and no help at all. Besides its not the govts money they keep throwing around its the taxpayers money. I also see the same thing happening in 2 years that just happened so let it be. Do you think if Estes or X.P.O or Saia went out there would be any help? I highly doubt but because Yellow was union they need to be saved. I dont wish anyone to lose their jobs but it happens. For the ones still not working after this long being off is mostly by choice. If my family was going hungry i would be doing what ever i had to do to provide for them. This country is going bankrupt trying to save all the special interest groups instead of letting the market be the market.
Do you think if Estes or XPO owed the government 700 million it would be any different?

Do you think if Estes or XPO owed the government 700 million it would be any different?
So if Estes or X.P.O or any large company can get some govt loan they are safe from ever having to close because its a govt loan? Maybe all these companies need to get some govt cheese then. The govt throws more than that away every single year hence the reason they dont need to be doing loans they are not a bank.

I know my view is not popular but let businesses succeed or fail based on them not the govt. They are already wanting to raise the age for S.S to 80 because there is not enough money. I just hate see my tax dollars wasted on a company where there is no guarantees it could run any better than what it did and just cost us even more. Quit beating a dead horse and move on.

So if Estes or X.P.O or any large company can get some govt loan they are safe from ever having to close because its a govt loan? Maybe all these companies need to get some govt cheese then. The govt throws more than that away every single year hence the reason they dont need to be doing loans they are not a bank.
I think I asked you a question, I didn't make any suggestions. :poke:

I think I asked you a question, I didn't make any suggestions. :poke:
Yes i do because they are not union. 700 million them and how much more now would they need to be successful? Trump administration should not have loaned it then and we sure dont need to loan more on top of it now. There is plenty of trucking companies to pick up any slack. The trucking world will continue without Yellow.

They can throw as much money as they want at anything they deem worthy when its not their money. Do yellow like student loans and make them pay them back period no bankrupctcies can intervene they still have to be paid back. Sell off everything and get the peoples tax money back first then all the creditors that took a high risk on Yellow throw them a bone if any is left.