XPO | international trucks

countryboy

TB Lurker
Credits
anyone else think this is unfair to the rest of us who have to drive all these old trucks, xde gets to drive brand new trucks with air, have already heard that there disconecting all of the air on all trucks. guess we'll see.

anyone else think this is unfair to the rest of us who have to drive all these old trucks, xde gets to drive brand new trucks with air, have already heard that there disconecting all of the air on all trucks. guess we'll see.

disconnect the air & the brakes won't release :duh:

haven't we already been thru this conversation previously about the air conditioners.

tell conway that, they have done it in the past, old cab-overs had air that was disconnected, what about cruise control, does the a/c fall under a different law, asking because i dont know.

Think the law pertains to over the road, and not city use. Some companies just cut the fan belt to the ac compressor.

The way I understand it is that when the government said any equipment we buy has to come with A/C installed, we also have to maintain it and keep it operational as designed. If there is a distinction between city and road, painfully, all of our trucks are road trucks.

well im glad to say we are not cutting your air. no a scenerio that could happen is if an older unit say a 02 with over a million miles needs extensive a/c repair it may not get done. thats only speculation mind you i know they wnat to keep repairs under 3000 on the trucks over a a million plus hope this helps

well im glad to say we are not cutting your air. no a scenerio that could happen is if an older unit say a 02 with over a million miles needs extensive a/c repair it may not get done. thats only speculation mind you i know they wnat to keep repairs under 3000 on the trucks over a a million plus hope this helps

We are not required to maintain those A/C units, no matter the mileage?

One of the number one drivers got to drive an '08 tonight ( he'd been driving a '95). Got ready to leave and the damn thing would not start. LOL