FedEx Freight | Interview Tomorrow.

IslipAway

TB Lurker
Credits
I have an interview tomorrow at FXF. I have been at the same company for over 13 years... it's been a long time, can someone tell me what to expect? I filled out an application online, will I need to bring my information with me to fill any more paperwork? They told me on the phone it should take over an hour and no road test this day. Any information would be helpful, Thank you!!

Congrats on getting an interview. I just hired on National and if the process is the same and I imagine it is since they are trying to run the two different operating companies the same. Just expect a sit down interview asking you about yourself your experience blah blah blah.Then towards the end they'll ask you a series of situational questions and just try to answer them the best you can. I dont know if you have LTL experience or not but answer them from a service oriented frame of mind and you should do fine. After you get hired if you see me wave. I'll be the one in the white truck :biglaugh:

Its hard to sever ties with old relationships, but sometimes you have to look towards to future. Good luck with your interview Islipaway. Its been many moons since I had my interview, so I can't help you there. Usually telling the truth, and common sense will get you through the toughest situations. TP

My interview, little over a month ago, was Road Test, Drug Test and physical. The interview with the SCM is a structure format. I would assume used by all SCM. You will be expect to explain some of your actions on how and why to handle different sitsuations. The questions really make you think. Not sure if it was the questions or just the way they're worded.

Good luck

Thanks everyone...the Interview went well, I took a drug test and physical today also. Tomorrow I take the road test. Looks pretty good. :shift:

Just some advice don't fall into the :bs: from older drivers. do your job don't play politics do your job the best you can and go home. this is a good job and the old timers remember the way it used to be and don't want to understand that this is not viking or a.f. this is fedex. so make your own mind up don't be brain washed of yesteryear. this is now welcome aboard. :beerchug:

[quote author=IslipAway link=topic=80523.msg841606#msg841606 date=1277782363]
I got the job... I will start in two weeks :shift:
[/quote]cool i started 2 weeks ago going good for me :clap:

Well... tomorrow is my first day! I will be on the computer for the week being educated and next week it is on to points unknown for orientation... all sounds good to me, can't wait to get started.

Just some advice don't fall into the from older drivers. do your job don't play politics do your job the best you can and go home. this is a good job and the old timers remember the way it used to be and don't want to understand that this is not viking or a.f. this is fedex. so make your own mind up don't be brain washed of yesteryear. this is now welcome aboard. This coming from a fella that on march 19 posted he sure wished it would go back to the old ways ,,like viking. Brain washing would consist of that newsletter you will start getting in the mail on how its all bout service and being engaged. Its a good job guy,,and welcome,,hope it is everything you are looking for,,but if you were here 20 years ago,,and seen now that ridiculous in company audits,,i.e snap shot,,which is run with the strong arm that woulda made Stalin proud in the mid 40s of the last century,,and is without doubt detrimental to a mans work ethic and ingenuity,,focusing only on a single mind set with no room for a better idea ,,u would understand the old timers. He is right,,come in do your job,,smile and go home. Ive never worked with better people,,as long as they dont put on red shirts and drink the kool aid. But i digress,,best of luck.

I drank the company kool-aid all week last week and it was tasty. Out by the center condo they. Had a big jug of kool-aid because it was over 90 degrees and it really hit the spot