Yellow | Irate/crazy customers

I think the icing on the cake was the one time...they have this guy there who thinks that the company would fold without him, we all know that type. We have a couple in my small shop. And that guy hates unions so his blood boils when he thinks about the benefits union workers do receive. Well...one day...the day before 4th of July Holiday...it's easy to remember because 4th of July was on Friday and we got Friday off, so...this day would be Thursday July 3, 2014. The guy came out in his knee length baggy denim shorts, strutting his greatness like he always does and he had a grease stain in the seat of his pants. I guess he didn't realize it was there (I can't see how one wouldn't be on top of something like that) and I couldn't contain myself. I laughed so hard that I cried. :shrug:

i think you can read if a customer is already mad. In that situation, I am obnoxiously nice. It sometimes makes them more mad which I find funny.
Psychology like that does work wonders with them. How many times have you heard, "It's going to be a while so relax", or something to that tune? I tell 'em I'm good, where's the bathroom, those hot wings I had last night are giving me a run for the money and where's the coffee pot? I'll be right back. Problem suddenly solved.

i think you can read if a customer is already mad. In that situation, I am obnoxiously nice. It sometimes makes them more mad which I find funny.

Sometimes a customer will lie and say you said this or that. Certain Customers get reputations. In those cases I don't say a word. Not hello, goodbye. Nothing at all. It sends a powerful message to an ash-wipe receiver and very often catches them off guard.

I always carried a book of crosswords with me if they say 'wait.'

A guard at Ford yelled and screamed at me one night- (bad delivery #) Called dispatch, said i was uncooperative. Dispatch told him if he couldn't get along with me, there's no one in the company he could get along with. Pulled me out to come home. Five minutes later, sent me back. No problem. Load delivered...

Ooops: just remembered why that guard was ticked!

For years, guard shack sat empty. Trucks just drove on thru. I drove by it, started into gate, when a yell of Stop stopped me. Guard yelled out 'why didn't you stop!?!' I said 'I didn't see you in there, sorry' and a midget in a guard uniform walked out. Ooops...

Add in the bad del #, couldn't win....

Tell da customer your sensitive to yell n an scream n and you will be rite back go back to your truck get your (AK47)pop in a clip and go four da gusto
That's exactly what you DON'T do! I really have a hard time believing that you would even write something like that. There are a**hole customers out there; fortunately they're not all that way. Sometimes it's a real strain to put up with them. But, don't lose your cool no matter what. That's stooping to their level. I've got one on my route who's a royal P-I-A. His colleagues can't stand him, and they have to work with him every day. Dealing with these kind of clods is what we do.

I was delivering an eight foot long skid one time to a residence and I had a four foot pallet jack so the pallet was scraping on the ground and leaving some wood scrapings on the pavement. This lady gets out of her car and is saying that I'm scraping the ground. So, I ignored her since she was just being annoying. Then she goes "HELLO, can you hear me, its scraping the ground!" So I said, you want to come over and help me push this then? She seemed all taken back that I would talk to her like that. The guys house who I was delivering to had my back and was like, its gonna come off!