R&L | Is anyone else sick of these idiots????????????

Richard Herbert

TB Lurker
Credits
Why in the hell do these idiots route us the way they do????

Why do they leave drivers at home to save money, when everybody should be working?

Is it to get the magic STOPS PER HOUR on the computer looking good for the idiots in Wilmington they are trying to impress????????

Why do they route a driver that has a 300-400 mile run, starting off making 6-7 deliveries around town, before they even head out on their extended route???????????

Finally getting out of town at 11:30 or 12 noon, then to drive 75-100 miles to your first stop out of town, and try to get your next 10-12 deliveries off,over the next 4-5 cities, that are 30-50 miles apart, which is impossible.

Friday, I brought back 4 deliveries, and worked 14 hours. There was no time for a break or lunch, I was just set up to fail right from the beginning of the day. Tell you truth, I don't give a damn anymore if the deliveries come back or not, or whether the pick-ups get made. If you morons are so stupid to set us up for failure, failure is going to be exactly what they will get.

For the record, this happens daily at our terminal, not only with me, but with a majority of the drivers. This place is being run like a frigin Mickey Mouse outfit..

What the hell is wrong with this company?

Oh I forgot, to the R&L cheerleaders that will say......"If you hate it so bad, why don't you leave?" Don't worry, most of us are planning to in our own time.

dont feel to bad, i deal with the SAME thing, and i dont care either anymore. i tell them they cant do that and they keep doing it, so whatever

I have got to put my 2 cents in, R&L has been fair to me, i come in every day and do my job and have no complaints.
Sure, i have a bad day now and then when things don't go as i hoped but you will have that at any company in any profession
you my be working in. I keep a positive attitude and come in the next day and get my job done. I don't feel the need to get on TB
and bash the company that has been fair and allowed me to make a good living for me and my family for 7 years.
R & L is a great company to work for as far as i am concerned !!

My 12 years have been good ones and I get as upset as everyone else about the way I get dispatched but I have to keep telling myself that if I don't like it leave. I know you guys are tired of hearing that but we are all responsible for our own happiness,that's not R&L's job. I used to come home every night complaining and my wife told me to get a different attitude or get a different job even if it did pay less. So I changed my attitude & I still get dispatched wrong, at least I think so, but my wife is a lot happier, some of the time. Just my opinion.

I have got to put my 2 cents in, R&L has been fair to me, i come in every day and do my job and have no complaints.
Sure, i have a bad day now and then when things don't go as i hoped but you will have that at any company in any profession
you my be working in. I keep a positive attitude and come in the next day and get my job done. I don't feel the need to get on TB
and bash the company that has been fair and allowed me to make a good living for me and my family for 7 years.

i respect your opinion and am glad you feel that way.
i do feel the need to go on tb sometimes and bash the company, because like you, i bust my *** and get my job done 110%. so for me, bashing r&l on trucking boards is what i do instead of dragging a 9 hour day into 12 like some may do to get back at the company.
but thats me, and i have no problem with guys like yourself who have no problems with r&l.

This forum is for all views to be posted.No one opinion is the right one.People have issues and they are within their right to post it as much as the drivers that think thing are great have their right.Respect everyones opinion and we all will enjoy this board.

I've had some bad days like everyone else in my past 21 years of service, I've seen a lot of good & bad things happen. Do your best & tomorrow is a new day. Everything will work it's self out.
Thanks for explaining the TB rules to everyone Jeff. I've seen you explain this so many times to the new ones on here.

I've had some bad days like everyone else in my past 21 years of service, I've seen a lot of good & bad things happen. Do your best & tomorrow is a new day. Everything will work it's self out.
Thanks for explaining the TB rules to everyone Jeff. I've seen you explain this so many times to the new ones on here.

i would love to know what you are trying to say there

Whats that brown stuff on your nose???????

How many will depart as soon as things turn around? I for one are ready to jump ship. This Combo deal is cutting drivers who want to move to line out of the pic. Why would you want to take a pay cut in you hr wage. Work the dock for 5 hrs then drive for up to 9hrs. R&L this will come back to bite you when you can not hold on to these Combo drivers. The Combo drivers at are Term are all talking about jumping off the truck. Are bill count inbound is way up. As well as are out bound. The combo drivers are working as many if not longer hrs then us P&D drivers. The combo drivers that run line are starting to see it was a bad deal they got. For the rest of us Bid runs are just about gone. They just give it to a combo driver or move line drivers to new runs when the need them.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many will depart as soon as things turn around? I for one are ready to jump ship. This Combo deal is cutting drivers who want to move to line out of the pic. Why would you want to take a pay cut in you hr wage. Work the dock for 5 hrs then drive for up to 9hrs. R&L this will come back to bite you when you can not hold on to these Combo drivers. The Combo drivers at are Term are all talking about jumping off the truck. Are bill count inbound is way up. As well as are out bound. The combo drivers are working as many if not longer hrs then us P&D drivers. The combo drivers that run line are starting to see it was a bad deal they got. For the rest of us Bid runs are just about gone. They just give it to a combo driver or move line drivers to new runs when the need them.

these combo guys are really getting run through the ringer with what is expected of the. you are right, they work about 5 hrs on the dock, get in the truck and drive a few hrs, sometimes have to work the dock at that terminal, then have to drive back to their terminal. all said, it seems to be about a 14 hr day everyday. i certainly dont think i could keep that pace up for very long. it just seems like r&l could care less that these guys are pretty much dropping 65 to 70+ hrs a week into their jobs.

Ignorance may be bliss, but why should people blindly sit back and accept every crappy thing that happens? If everyone did that, nothing would get better, people and or companies will walk all over you.

My 12 years have been good ones and I get as upset as everyone else about the way I get dispatched but I have to keep telling myself that if I don't like it leave. I know you guys are tired of hearing that but we are all responsible for our own happiness,that's not R&L's job. I used to come home every night complaining and my wife told me to get a different attitude or get a different job even if it did pay less. So I changed my attitude & I still get dispatched wrong, at least I think so, but my wife is a lot happier, some of the time. Just my opinion.

No matter what company you go to, the grass is still fertilized with ****.

I can third that quote, All these trucking companys will twist, turn & bend till you break. Then when the new guy comes in drop the wage, if you quit and go where the grass is greener you as the new guy just helped them. I agree also with Zathlon don't sit back and accept things as they are but also choose how you fight your battle.

These combo guys are really getting run through the ringer with what is expected of them. ...They work about 5 hrs on the dock... all said, it seems to be about a 14 hr day everyday.
They hired me off the street as a combo guy, and it wasn't that bad at first. Little by little, they just kept putting the screws to me until my motto is "R+L rhymes with Hell."

I hate it here. I'm running city, docks, and line haul all in one day, every day, and the only bright spot in the week is the day when I finally run out of hours. The only thing that doesn't suck about running out of this terminal is that they're backing down when they try to get me to play games with my book, and I refuse.

It's the only job I've ever had where I really didn't care if I got fired, or if the company went out of business. I'm going to get as much money out of these bastards as I can while I'm here, but that's the only thing R+L is good for. They pay good money to treat a man like a pile of crap, and the money, at least, is good.

They hired me off the street as a combo guy, and it wasn't that bad at first. Little by little, they just kept putting the screws to me until my motto is "R+L rhymes with Hell."

I hate it here. I'm running city, docks, and line haul all in one day, every day, and the only bright spot in the week is the day when I finally run out of hours. The only thing that doesn't suck about running out of this terminal is that they're backing down when they try to get me to play games with my book, and I refuse.

It's the only job I've ever had where I really didn't care if I got fired, or if the company went out of business. I'm going to get as much money out of these bastards as I can while I'm here, but that's the only thing R+L is good for. They pay good money to treat a man like a pile of crap, and the money, at least, is good.

you know it is a shame you feel that way(im not saying you are wrong). it didnt used to be like it is now. ive been here just shy of ten years and all i can say is this wasnt the direction it was going at one time. i actually thought i would retire here at one time. somewhere on the way the whole attitude changed and it went bad. it sucks. i wont slow down or anything like that because im just not that way, but i wont stay. the way things are rolling now, im not sure how things will be in another ten years.