Estes | Is Estes a Sleeper?

FX Sam

TB Regular
Credits
When you have so many different types of motor carriers out there with the economy as it is and not looking brighter in the next 6 months you sometimes need to sit back, look and ask yourself WHO is going to be the next victom to either sell out, go bankrupt or be bought up/taken over by another company.

Non Union
Union
small or large
entire 50 state coverage
small portion of country

Many carriers haul their own freight while many others use the reliance network to work with others companies to deliver freight for them. Some large carriers are using outside OTR companies to haul some freight all the while so many workers/employees are at home layed off. This putting a further burden and having less dock workers and using the drivers, line and P&D to load/unload the trailers making them hot sweaty and fatigued before doing their job of driving.

How long can some of the companies hang on as we still see the price of Oil go up and not stablize at all, hence forcing fuel costs up, insurance costs are running rampant and employees like YOU need more money in your pay check to make ends meet. ALL tools of this industry is skyrocketing thru the roof and all the while the company sales teams are being pushed to get more freight and at what? A lower cost even.

Cut throating is ever so bad going on as we see the money shrink, freight shrink and costs Expand to all time highs. When is it going to stop I ask you? WHEN??

Some companies are buying up other ones only to be deeper in a financial burden while other companies are not growing and being left out as life passes on. Who is going to survive this failing economic we are in? This really saddens me as I have ltl blood in my veins and the changes I have seen in the past years is scarey.

50 state coverage:

Estes has been growing and doing it without DEBT in the process. They may not be the biggest but they are by far the richest when you put all the factors in place. Congrats to Estes Express Lines for being the Smart Carrier of choice. Estes is going to grow and lets just hope they keep the Family Values they have now in place.

Smaller coverage:

I will say Dayton Freight Lines and ABF are impressing me as they are both expanding and growing with very little if any debt.

Where do you see alot of the companies ending up in the next year? The YRC clustermess has made me think more on this as they , well, lets just say it is confusing and costing way to much money.

When you have so many different types of motor carriers out there with the economy as it is and not looking brighter in the next 6 months you sometimes need to sit back, look and ask yourself WHO is going to be the next victom to either sell out, go bankrupt or be bought up/taken over by another company.

Non Union
Union
small or large
entire 50 state coverage
small portion of country

Many carriers haul their own freight while many others use the reliance network to work with others companies to deliver freight for them. Some large carriers are using outside OTR companies to haul some freight all the while so many workers/employees are at home layed off. This putting a further burden and having less dock workers and using the drivers, line and P&D to load/unload the trailers making them hot sweaty and fatigued before doing their job of driving.

How long can some of the companies hang on as we still see the price of Oil go up and not stablize at all, hence forcing fuel costs up, insurance costs are running rampant and employees like YOU need more money in your pay check to make ends meet. ALL tools of this industry is skyrocketing thru the roof and all the while the company sales teams are being pushed to get more freight and at what? A lower cost even.

Cut throating is ever so bad going on as we see the money shrink, freight shrink and costs Expand to all time highs. When is it going to stop I ask you? WHEN??

Some companies are buying up other ones only to be deeper in a financial burden while other companies are not growing and being left out as life passes on. Who is going to survive this failing economic we are in? This really saddens me as I have ltl blood in my veins and the changes I have seen in the past years is scarey.

50 state coverage:

Estes has been growing and doing it without DEBT in the process. They may not be the biggest but they are by far the richest when you put all the factors in place. Congrats to Estes Express Lines for being the Smart Carrier of choice. Estes is going to grow and lets just hope they keep the Family Values they have now in place.

Smaller coverage:

I will say Dayton Freight Lines and ABF are impressing me as they are both expanding and growing with very little if any debt.

Where do you see alot of the companies ending up in the next year? The YRC clustermess has made me think more on this as they , well, lets just say it is confusing and costing way to much money.

thanks for your input, Dr.Phil

Laugh all you want to cobra, you may look good some day with a big Yellow E on your truck & trailer

quite funny

I saw on a BOL yesterday under special instructions
ANY CARRIER EXCEPT ESTES
quite funny

I went to a stop one day, and they had "the wall of shame". It was a huge wall with polaroids of all the smashed freight they have received, under the respective company. I looked, and like a wise a*s stated that Estes only has one picture under it.. The guy looks at me and says...... "You've only done one delivery here"..

I went to a stop one day, and they had "the wall of shame". It was a huge wall with polaroids of all the smashed freight they have received, under the respective company. I looked, and like a wise a*s stated that Estes only has one picture under it.. The guy looks at me and says...... "You've only done one delivery here"..

now that's funny...i don't care you you are.:rofl:

That was good Legshot!

Top Flight, it is quite a crazy situation we are in, I'm one of the younger drivers at UPS Freight(Overnite), and I remember growing up seeing all kinds of LTL carriers in my area, especially Carolina and Consolidated Freightways, both of which are gone...Our jobs for the most part are secure, I mean having a CDL is a great investment, a ticket to a job at any number of carriers, especially as predictions are their will be a driver shortage (some debate that were in one now), over the next 20+ years...

That was good Legshot!

Top Flight, it is quite a crazy situation we are in, I'm one of the younger drivers at UPS Freight(Overnite), and I remember growing up seeing all kinds of LTL carriers in my area, especially Carolina and Consolidated Freightways, both of which are gone...Our jobs for the most part are secure, I mean having a CDL is a great investment, a ticket to a job at any number of carriers, especially as predictions are their will be a driver shortage (some debate that were in one now), over the next 20+ years...

The cool thing about having a cdl, is that you will always have a job, no matter how bad the economy.. You could be dropped in the middle of say, Idaho, and you will find a load within 50 miles that has to move. May not always be top dollar, but you eat for the week..

Don't pick on beerboy elvis, he and shoeman are going to start up their own LTL/Trucking company and pay you guys very big bucks.

well thats the last time i confide in elvis !!! i can't start my own company. I'm not smart enough. I'm just a failed owner operator. thats why i hold the steering wheel and guys that know everything ((top flight)) tell me what to do. i wouldn't be able to figure it out

I love it!! I assume every carrier was on there!

Non Union
Union
small or large
entire 50 state coverage
small portion of country

50 state coverage:

Smaller coverage:

Topflight this was a great post. So in light of the investment news lately I thought I would revive this thread a bit and say looks like you were right... big E sure is looking like the sleeper now.