Estes | Is Estes Any good?

They just posted 2 bids at our barn and filled them by total company drive time. .not by classification or the experience in each classification. I think ya all might be getting your wish.

The other drivers could contest the bids...The company went against their policy...There should be a total rebid, or extra board or utility drivers are suppose to cover the runs until the next bid...

The other drivers could contest the bids...The company went against their policy...There should be a total rebid, or extra board or utility drivers are suppose to cover the runs until the next bid...
I don't think anyone knows exactly how the senority works. I know I don't. I thought I did but after talking to everyone, I got a different story every time. Now I'm confused.

I don't think anyone knows exactly how the senority works. I know I don't. I thought I did but after talking to everyone, I got a different story every time. Now I'm confused.

We need someone up on "The Hill" with organizational skills..This "flying by the seat of your pants" is getting old...

Starkravinloon said:
We need someone up on "The Hill" with organizational skills..This "flying by the seat of your pants" is getting old...

For a minute I thought loon was suggesting organizing something else. What was I thinking I must have lost my mind.

You got that right. We bid on runs and everything gets left up to one man to decide who wins. Some of these guys been here 40 years and they are all hung up on this company senority thing not road, city or dock time. They act like a lot of blood, sweat and tears were shed through out the years even though I have yet to see any of that here.

i am happy to be drinking the estes koolaid after drinking the Roadway-Yellow swill for eight years. Happy that they did not hold that against me. Estes is a great place to work. I am sure every terminal is different but for mine which is one of the largest we know what the rules are, know what is expected of us. Do that and its a great work environment. For those who cant seem to be able to come to work on a regular basis or be on time consistently, bye bye. for every person that might lose their job there are 10 good qualified people trying to find work.

Welcome to T/B and Estes makeadifference. You've joined the ranks of many of us working here who have been kicked to the curb by other companys and appreciate having a good place to call home.

Good to hear from ya makeadifference. It's good to have someone from the other side of the fence. Lots of good men over there at Yrc. I don't think Estes can go wrong hiring from there.

They just posted 2 bids at our barn and filled them by total company drive time. .not by classification or the experience in each classification. I think ya all might be getting your wish.

Thats how it should be!!! Company seniority, between Road drivers and City that is.
Then with all this bidding and etc. it would make things a whole lot more easy to figure out.
And some of us would not feel like we got screwed at this company.

Thats how it should be!!! Company seniority, between Road drivers and City that is.
That's the problem. They didn't do it by road and city, which I'm fine with but it should be company wide. Either total seniority or 2 different. It seems to me, the ones that work the hardest, gets the shaft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Estes a privately held company? I think I heard that they were. And does anybody know approximately what % of linehaul moves with the Teams? Thanks I am just curious I see most LTL companies have team operations.

Most of our drivers are solo. I can't help you with the percentage but if I were to guess I would say we're are:
45% local drivers
35% single road drivers
5% teams
15% outside carriers
That's my guess if that was what you were askin
We are private. We are not ran by wal-street

so what about not getting paid after 8, were paid well enough to compensate for it, where are you gonna go and make this money without a degree? Be thankful for what we make and you have a job, its better than standing in line at the employment and settling for 10 bucks an hour..thats like drivers working the dock, i'm tired of the bitching about that, atleast your getting paid, and not sitting at home not making nothing, i have a family that depends on me, i'll sweep the floor if theyre gonna pay me to do it

Gotta love you guys that always say JUST BE GLAD YOU GOTTA JOB, The Big E loves that way of thinking, just dont bend over to many times there son trust me.

I'm not bending over, but I have two children that depend on me to put clothes on their backs and food in their mouths, how can I do that if I was standing in the unemployment line? I am very thankful that I have a job that pays as well..know job is perfect..and it seems nobody understands that on here

Ovbiously you have not been at Estes long, well I spent 7 years of my life there only to be let go because of them decided to get rid of most Linehaul where I worked, And yes I ejoyed this place for the first 6 years then all the change, and just got to be alot different company then what it was, but hey if you are happy to collect a paycheck good for you.