FedEx Freight | is it just me or is freight extremely slow for this time of year?

YRCF barn in Orange running 750-850 bills OB/IB for the past 3 weeks. 4-8 4 hr casuals utilized every night. No new hires yet.

Do ya think I will get my hand slapped by management, if I discretely post a few items, such as OB bill count and/or load factor numbers?

Is fedex really slow still or is it just our terminal? We have guys sitting every night in August, I wonder what that means for the rest of the year?

Is fedex really slow still or is it just our terminal? We have guys sitting every night in August, I wonder what that means for the rest of the year?

Yep it's slow. Goes in cycles. But keep in mind, if fuel is down in price, production is down as well. Never a dull moment

We are so busy that we are using guys from another center 75 miles away to cover runs. Nobody sits here. Ever.

The industry as a whole is expeirencing a slow down due to the struggling economy...it's not just FedEx Freight.
It happens every year about this time, you guys are putting way to much thought into it! People are spending their money on school supply's and such. Taking care of homework and tired kids, don't have the time to be out buying right now!! LOL

I have heard system wide we are off 5,000 bills a day compared to last year. Just keep getting those JOM's and it will work itself out.

Orders for U.S. Capital Goods Rose in July by Most in a Year

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...pital-goods-climbed-in-july-by-most-in-a-year

"Bookings for non-military equipment excluding planes climbed 2.2 percent, the most since June 2014, after increasing 1.4 percent in June, data from the Commerce Department showed Wednesday in Washington. Orders for all durable goods-- items meant to last at least three years -- rose 2 percent, exceeding all forecasts of economists surveyed by Bloomberg."